Mite eggs on seedling?

Any thoughts, mite eggs or transpiration? Clear to cloudy, small round translucent balls. Nothing moving that I could see but I had also recently sprayed some preventatives on them. Small things hope that you can see them. Thanks for your thoughts…

1 Like

Rosemary oil can be effective against eggs I believe.

1 Like

Do you see any adult mites or have any mite damage?

1 Like

Am not seeing any adults at the moment. Nothing obvious, there are a couple of spots on the leaves but no speckling that I could see. Could be damage from handling and such since they are still pretty young.

I can’t say it’s not mites but they normally lay the eggs on the underside of the leaves. Check the underside of the leaves. If you don’t see anything you are probably safe. But keep a sharp eye out over the next week.

They are quick little suckers and good at hiding.

2 Likes

I’ve been using Norcal 86. Which, I think it contains rosemary oil. Doesn’t smell too bad, either…

Ok, thanks. Will be observant. I’m probably being paranoid…

Keep an eye out, but those are probably just bulbous trichomes. I see no signs of damage or faeces.

3 Likes

Cool, had to look that up:

6 Likes

Im impressed you even saw that. Ive gotten pretty good at seeing thripes or fleas (i have a cat), but those dots are tiny!

1 Like

Haha, yea. Playing around with the camera + paranoia == amazing what one can see.

This was the original photo (already at 10X optical):

1 Like

Interesting. It Tells me a little something about tricome size to micron size and how it would allow one to separate some of the tricome types.

1 Like