Miyagi's No-till Garden

Hey no worries at all! I am super open to feedback, especially if it is a learning opportunity! I appreciate that!

1 Like

In that picture to your point, it is clearly much further than 18-20" I think I had it all the way up in the tent, to acclimate the girls the first few days. I probably didnā€™t need to do that, in hindsight. First run with this set-up. :pray:

1 Like

I put malted barley in my soil yesterday :sunglasses:

1 Like

I work at a brewery and get plenty of malted barley. Love the stuff

2 Likes

Thats badass! I would love to work at a brewery. The plants love PMB! I just threw in some Coast of Maine compost, and some new nightcrawlers I sourced from Bass pro.

2 Likes

UPDATE

4 Likes

I am not very happy with Sustainable village at the moment I have emailed there customer service, and will let everyone know if they make it right. 4 out of 6 carrots, have clearly been used and came sloppily tossed in the box with soil still on them and white residue. I also didnā€™t receive any of the connectors and only 3 feet out 23 feet of supply tubing. I was really looking forward to getting this set-up but looks like I will have to wait.

2 Likes

Well thatā€™s crap looks like a small section of super flex as well as a small amount of ridged tubing looks like ya should have some tā€™s and maybe at least one bulkhead for a reservoirā€¦ did you order as a kit?

2 Likes

Yep, you are right. I ordered this Longs Kit https://www.sustainablevillage.com/blumat-maxi-kit-longs

2 Likes

Ya I can see the dirt on them thatā€™s fucked up man hope the set it right with ya!

2 Likes

That really blows. Iā€™m sorry to hear that.

After a little smoke session I remember, you dont have to put those all the way in. So pretty much you could put them 3-4 inches in and accomplish the same results as the small carrots. If it seems like it too wet for your liking just push the carrot in further to give the soil a more dry cycle between drips.

2 Likes

Good news, I woke up to an email from Sustainable village customer service. It seems they will make it right. Now thatā€™s customer service!

5 Likes

I have already received my replacement kit! I am very happy with Sustainable Village for great communication and customer service.

3 Likes

WEEK 5

UNCLE BLEZO OG

PLATINUM YETI OG F3

5 Likes

Looking good buddy. I hope those blimats work out for you.

1 Like

Thank you! I hope so too! Iā€™ll keep yā€™all posted. I am hoping to dial it in and develop a good system. We shall see.

When I used mine, the only thing I regretted was not putting an on/off valve at the res. So that way I could shut off the flow of water when I harvested or moved plants around.

3 Likes

Been tossing around the the idea of putting an air purge or a bleeder valve In the middle of the loop have you done this @DavesNotHere Iā€™d have to get another tee for the in-line valve I have . Could I find a tee at most hardware stores you think?

1 Like

I havenā€™t tried it, but thinking about it it should work well. Depending on how much the smaller valves are you could even put them in between each carrots for times you have different flower cycle plants.

2 Likes

I think because its 8mm it makes it tougher to buy at hardware stores. I had to order the shut off valve from sustainable village, to make an air purge/ bleeder by hooking it up off of a t-connector per you and @DavesNotHereā€™s recommendations. I added the shut off valves at the front of the bucket as well. Thanks guys.