Mma / boxing / combat sports / ufc

The books have Khabib as the favorite. I use bodog.
Part of me wants to take Conor by decision because it’s the most unlikely outcome.
I think I’m staying away from picking this one

3 Likes

Really?
I want a son who’s just like Khabib. Well, with one exception.

2 Likes

FX prelims haven’t even started and B Dubs is already poppin’

2 Likes

Damnnnn that Fukin Lewis , didn’t see that coming at that point in time

1 Like

3 Likes

Khabib Time for Dillon Dannis :laughing:

2 Likes

Well that escalated quickly
Dana white should win an academy award for acting like he was pissed. All he cares about is the rematch $$$$

His post fight interview was the best!

Anyone else remember UFC #1 with “Hoyce” Royce Gracie & a sumo guy & all kinds of wacky? A busted elbow I think?..

That was great. I followed along until #10, bought the Pay-per-view & watched a boring-ass heavyweight choke session.

I had the most fun with Wushu(jet-li, c’mon…), but MuayThai = muy tired…
At about age 4 my dad started teaching me hand-wraps & would let me wail on him with his headgear on…to teach me. :upside_down: (he overdid it. d’oh.)

:evergreen_tree: too old now. gotta be dirty. :wink:

1 Like

I couldn’t find much UFC 1 stuff on youtube but I still think it was more interesting/entertaining as this video reminds us that the original “contest” was “which style is the best”, and it was very controversial/illegal… had to keep moving from state to state to find a venue. Ahh the good old days when we were more civilized…the 90s. [sigh]

I’d actually rent that to watch now. :smile:

:evergreen_tree:

here’s an oldie

1 Like

My friend and neighbor took me to see #2 in a lounge I have been hooked since, the cool thing is that it is still maturing as a sport and will continue to do so for a while yet

1 Like

oh, the youtube clickbait rabbithole. :smile: i remember Zaire!

Foreman v Ali - Rumble in the Jungle!

To me that was what was so intriguing about this fight. The classic “stricker vs grappler” matchup, but evolved. And the old truth still stands; grappling outmatches striking more often than not. But we’re getting closer to pure fighting skill being the determining factor.

1 Like

I remember a loooooong time ago buying a Shootfighting event on pay per view. Everyone thought I was just getting a pro wrestling event, but I knew there was something different about it. Lemme find a link to the video of it…

1 Like

Here it is:

Check out 3:15. That was Kazushi Sakuraba, a Pride legend, almost dying in the ring.

1 Like

Khabib went Donkey Kong style on Dillon Dannis

2 Likes

wtf is going on here? i just searched a bit, skipped all the “analysis” and found a youtube link:

i see a tap out, then the victor jumps out (& deserves to get crowd stomped, imo, just for that shit).

ay ayayay. [smh]

:evergreen_tree: bread and circuses?

Talk shit, get stomped!

3 Likes