MMJ News and Information

Maybe?

6 Likes

Holy guacamole!

Spectacular jackass.
This Stivers guy is quite the funny man.
Wow.

Comparing medical marijuana to booze? This lawmaker must’ve been drunk

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/joseph-gerth/2018/12/07/kentucky-republican-robert-stivers-jokes-medical-marijuana/2224815002/

2 Likes

the wonderful hospital industry, which routinely donates money to cannabis prohibition and fights legalization initiatives…good thing they’re looking out for us!

my question is…where does the MRSA come from? This study would seem to indicate that hospitals are thriving breeding grounds for dealy bacteria - probably spread by the ventilation systems.

4 Likes

always wondered about this… :unamused: from my experience they’re likely ticking time bomb pathogen factories…incubating shit we haven’t seen yet. the sheer volume of resources to maintain a massive scale sterile duct system is in direct conflict with business practice, history.

my grandfather was effectively killed by a “superbug” ACQUIRED from the hospital after seeking pneumonia treatment. it was horrible. RIP.

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Indeed.
They are like walk in Petri dishes.
Yuck.
Hospital created Superbugs.
Great.
The road to hell is almost always paved with good intentions.

2 Likes

Sorry for the loss of your grandfather! my body has been ruined by the greed & callousness of the USA health care industry. I try not to harp on it too much - but I see our medical system as a medieval feudal tyranny. It’s the worst form of oppression by the ruling class.

walk in Petri dishes…I love it! so true :smile:

3 Likes

Right on point brother. My brief testing of commercial CBD products left me like a goat looking at a wristwatch. I just don’t know why anyone would want to grow a plant with 2% THC. Its like “near beer” what’s the point?
:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

This is not strictly MMJ news, but related to the overall drive for freedom of the flower.

2 Likes

Ran across a nice infographic on medical Cannabis outlook for 2019.

Source: www.newfrontierdata.com

2 Likes

something many of us have known for years…

http://norml.org/news/2019/01/24/study-vaporization-more-efficient-method-of-delivery-compared-to-smoking

1 Like

Therefore, holding THC dose constant, vaporizers appear to be a more efficient cannabis and THC delivery method, likely because with traditional smoked preparations, more THC is lost as a result of pyrolysis (combustion) and/or sidestream smoke.11

:smile:

1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes

Interesting piece.

2 Likes

Well this is troubling, because inevitably, a clamor will arise requiring that
government fix this.
I lack confidence that this would be a positive development.

2 Likes

Another vaporizer study put the Volcano through its paces, and once again it comes through with flying colors - more efficient than smoking. This is an amazing study! They sat there hitting the pipe or a vape balloon with a IV tube taped in their arms to test blood levels of cannabinoids as time elapsed. I love the scientific lingo describing a typical vape sesh:

For the vaporized cannabis sessions, the Volcano Medic® (Storz and Bickel, Oakland, CA) was used to heat and aerosolize cannabis at a temperature of 204°C (400°F). These settings were used based on the manufacturer’s recommendation (personal communication, Storz and Bickel). The aerosolized cannabis was trapped in a balloon containing a one-way valve. Participants used this valve to inhale the trapped vapor until the balloon was empty.

Vaporization appears to be a more efficient method of delivery compared with smoking.

2 Likes

another excellent study - this one confirming the value of cannabis for pain - over a large study group as well - 1300 people. 80% of them chose to substitute cannabis for prescription meds! Now you know why Pharma hates legalization so much

Pills to Pot: Observational Analyses of Cannabis Substitution Among Medical Cannabis Users With Chronic Pain
https://www.jpain.org/article/S1526-5900(18)30735-1/fulltext

There were 1,321 participants (59% female, 54% ≥50 years old) who completed the survey. Consistent with other observational studies, approximately 80% reported substituting cannabis for traditional pain medications (53% for opioids, 22% for benzodiazepines), citing fewer side effects and better symptom management as their rationale for doing so.

4 Likes

Very nice.

3 Likes

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2050313X19832160

Striking lung cancer response to self-administration of cannabidiol: A case report and literature review

3 Likes

…fairly confident weed is the only reason i’m alive still. :smoking:

:v:

2 Likes