Moka's caffeinated chronicles

I’m using trash bins from dollar store hahaha.
Aprox 2.5gal size. No I’ve never used coco for anything.

2 Likes

@Floyd this is exactly how I’m using the products.

Use per (4L/1gal)

After Seedling stage and ready for food. (Mixed in soil )
(2 tbsp-444)
(2 tbsp-284)
(2 tbsp WC)
Add the plant, water plant, done.
No food for 3 weeks, only water.

Vegging (top dressing)

(1tbsp-444)
(1tbsp-284)
(1tbsp WM)
No food for 3 weeks, only water.
Apply every 3 weeks untill your ready to flower.

Flowering (top dressing)
(2tbsp-284)
(2tbsp WM)
Apply every 3 weeks untill flowing is done.

4 Likes

I made a shit load of hempy buckets a while back with holes for tie downs . Black taped the sides . All 2.5 gallon . Seemed like the perfect size for me .

1 Like

Me too. My containers all have a few holes drilled in the sides about 1" up from the bottom.

My black garbage bucket are 8" across and 10" tall.

7 Likes

Thanks very much for the detailed feed schedule . Im still thinking Im going to do a coco hempy run . I just did my first coco grow recently and after getting some help from some members it worked out really well . Now Im thinking I should have made it a hempy grow .

2 Likes

Huh, you are mixing the 4-4-4 and 2-8-4 into the water…
Well kick my old ass! I assumed (damned if I know why now) that they were hydrophobic and wouldn’t mix well with water.
I’ve been doing a similar schedule but top dressing the ferts in with fresh Pro-mix. LOL

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I’m using them dry, mixed into the soil only. And top dress every 3 weeks. I’m not putting Nutrients directly in the water.

Although now that I think about it, could we?

2 Likes

Hempys ? …

1 Like

Hempy buckets are essentially trying to mimic the natural water table. By making the roots grow downward towards a water reservoir

2 Likes

Yep , Ive read about the science behind it all . In the end I just know it a cheap and productive way of growing . I like to play around a bit . The only problems Ive had with hempys was maintaining PH . And during the summer I couldnt keep the temps down and I got root rot .

2 Likes

Got the tent all set up. It’s a 2 x 2 x 4. Have a 3k quantum board with adjustable height installed at the top. 100% perlite buckets at the ready. (They are 1 gallon plastic paint buckets I found at home depot for $5). Got a fan installed for airflow at the bottom. Exhaust fan at the top with attached carbon filter on the outside of the tent.

Pretty pleased with the results. My only concern is space for 2 plants. Hopefully since I plant to flip early it won’t be too much of an issue.

5 Likes

Also, both beans popped. Once the seedlings sprout, gonna plant them in the buckets.

1 Like

Update again! Seeds are growing. However I am concerned about the lollipurps. The leaves seem yellow and not nearly as good looking as the orange blossom special. Have been using GH flora series 1/4 tsp per gallon as recommended in the bottle. Watering once a day. Just took off the humidity domes. @vernal wondering if you have any input on what I could be doing wrong here?

7 Likes

GH Flora liquid? Just the Flora or the Micro and Flora? I’d use more than 1/4tsp for sure. Quadruple that, easy. I do 9mL/gallon of Dyna Gro for seedlings. 1/4tsp of Flora is 1.25mL/gallon of nutrient; just not enough.

As always, check the runoff pH, but that lil guy looks way hungry.

I give my seedlings the same strength feed I give veg plants. Never had an issue with “burning”. I’d also say lose the humidity domes…cause more problems than they fix, IMO.

4 Likes

I’ve got the triple set of micro, bloom, and gro. Tested the runoff of both buckets and they were around 8 for pH. So I did a runoff of 7 pH tap water twice for both buckets and until it matched the input. Used 5ml per gallon of each and re watered the plants. Also took out the humidity done. Hopefully they will look better tomorrow.

I also now have the dry maxibloom. So I’ll probably switch over to that going forward.

Thanks for the input!!!

2 Likes

And yeah the lollipurps looks hungry

1 Like

Pure perlite can be a little high in pH, keep an eye on runoff and read the plant and you’ll be fine.

5mL of each Micro, Grow, & Bloom, 15 mL total…I’d do a bit less if using all 3. 3mL of each would probably be better. I was under the impression you were just using the Flora Bloom and Flora Micro Lucas formula style. You’ll want pH a touch less than that, 6-6.5 is best for hempies.

Maxi series produces great results, you’ll be very happy with it.

4 Likes

It’s been around 8-10 hours since the flush and upping the nutes. Seems like the lollipurps is gaining some color back now

5 Likes

@vernal you beautiful bastard. It’s working flawlessly now. I definitely think flushing and upping the nutrients did a world of good!!

7 Likes