Most over hyped strains

I thought it would be interesting to have a collection of opinions on some of the strains that were hyped but didn’t live up to your expectations, this isn’t to hate on anybody just giving honest and open opinions :v:

10 Likes

I think alot has to do with how the strain affects an individual. For me it’s the Cuban black haze. Grew it for over 90 days and i smoked it and damn near had a panic attack. Never again

7 Likes

white truffle

5 Likes

now thats the type of smoke im looking for :laughing: all jokes aside im looking for a very sativa-ey sativa, based on what you described it fits the bill perfectly…well for me at least.

6 Likes

agreed anything with truffle, gelato, or runtz in the name is almost always severely over hyped/over rated

6 Likes

also happy (late) birthday @Cranio hope you had an amazing bday! :blush:

3 Likes

i grew the pcg “pre64” runtz and really liked it. wildly colorful and nice smoke. the white runtz cut i wasnt a huge fan of but my buddy liked a ton. too each their own

7 Likes

yeah the most popular ones i was seeing was pink runtz, white runtz and straight up just “Runtz” and i gotta say it seems the more hyped it is the more garbagio it is, usually at least. Purple city gots some nice gear and they seem pretty reputable i will say though pre 64 runtz sounds a lot more appealing than the more popular variants.

2 Likes

i might get some hate but i grew out some of Bodhi’s “Granola Funk” which is GSC x Wookie, and i found it pretty weak and disappointing. Maybe i didn’t grow enough of them to give it a chance. I know there’s a lot of arguments over girl scout cookies. I was also disappointed with Bodhi’s Sunshine Daydream which some people here like. I have another pack so i’ll be giving it another chance in the future. I’m not hating on bodhi seeds, i have a bunch of strains from him and have bred using his genetics so don’t get me wrong.

7 Likes

Never tried runtz but I had some gsc that was the best tasting herb I’ve ever smoked. So imho cookies isn’t overhyped to me at least. I’m more into body highs. Think taking a 5mg morphine tablet. Haven’t found a true indica yet to do that to me. I’d like to think as little as possible when high lol

6 Likes

What didn’t you like about the sunshine daydream? I got a pack because I heard it’s good for nerve pain

4 Likes

I only gave it out to a couple people, but potency was an issue. I did love the bud structure though, pretty dense. I really don’t remember much as it was a while ago. I also read it’s good for nerve pain but as far as pain in general, i gave it to someone with a fucked up back and it didn’t help them. Maybe I had a bad phenotype. I bought two packs which is something i never do because i heard good things about it. We’ll see next time around.

5 Likes

:cookie::cookie::cookie:

Rollins

Slurpee

Sunset sherb

All that cookie crap :joy:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Thanks heaps yes was a wonderful day! :blush: much love :v:

5 Likes

I might get some HATE but this is just my opinion. Alot of the poly hybrid seed ive run had made me disappointed. I think this is due to the fact that polys doesnt have any vigor left and once you have experienced true vigor, you dont want to grow anything else. There probably awesome clones out there, but in seed form, you are paying for lotto tickets. Better to support real worked lines that will give you good results over and over.

6 Likes

Anything cookies. The white runtz I had was pretty good n fruity. All other runtz I’ve had sucked. Still waiting on something that comes close to the mid 2000s mango bud my buddy was getting ahold of.

3 Likes

i actually really like the sherb. that compact nug structure and short flowering time work well. i wish i could source the cut, ive only run s1s

2 Likes