MOTR Does Micro

I find the size is really nice, small but not too small to write on.

And for the price, I don’t mind the 5 weeks waiting time.

3 Likes

A little rubbing alcohol and the sharpie writing comes right off. You can use them over and over if you are cheap like me!

10 Likes

Single use plastic is swear word in my house :joy:

7 Likes

I cut old plastic food containers into ‘spikes’ for labels.

6 Likes

I use those too. Different colors would be excellent!
Duct tape comes in lots of colors now. Helpful in a crowded tent. IMO

:cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

Great suggestions guys! I have recently seen someone using clothes pins…

That’s what I thought too though forgot my own color code so sorting it out now :stuck_out_tongue:

The boys in the sip look great and am pleased with the planter except for algae growing…thats ok i’ll just give em a dose of hydroguard

With roots trying to escape…maybe a piece of landscape fabric directly underneath the soil :thinking: though that may interfere with wicking ability

14 Likes

I’d wrap that bottom tray in panda film and block out the light. Wal-Mart and Amazon both carry it I find.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=panda+film

2 Likes

Yeah, I am trying to use what I have on hand as I am a bit low on funds at the moment and will be probably until September unless I get a job or sell a few hundred dollars worth of topicals…Boys: high school graduation & 5th grade promotion next month, the younegests’ 11th B-day & summer camp in June, catch up in July for school starting in August. Home: the transmission on my van is slipping, the bottom of the 60 yr old oven is rusted out so that needs replaced, the microwave is making weird noises and a shared outlet (inside & outside) isn’t working…probably the breaker. When it rains it pours and is all temporary so just gotta keep moving forward :stuck_out_tongue:

I do have tape, paper bags and spray paint so will probably use one or a combination of those then again, I do have one I already painted just gotta get it back from the fundraising person in the Troop…i’ll talk to her tonight

10 Likes

You have a great attitude! I know how hard it is to be on your own and I don’t even have 3 kids. Murphy’s Law states that everything must break at once. Ugh!

7 Likes

Here we are again…

The sip boys are doing well considering they are 3 1/2" from the QB now and overwatered

Stacking nicely with oval balls instead of the typical round ones

Looking like boys

Looking like a girl though could be a boy

This doesn’t look good. I swear 1 of the 3 I sprouted was a girl though may have pulled a bit too early before full confirmation…November 30th was a bit ago dammit! Well if there is no girl, i’ll have lots of pollen of Dr Mendo and time to try again with Mendo Blues and Mendo Breath…5 of each are in soil now with the Lucky clones

16 Likes

2 down…

2 to go…

((fingers crossed))

17 Likes

Question about micro grows… How do you keep the mofo from being root bound for one? Secondly, would it work better in a small fabric pot? That way it would just prune it’s own roots? I’ve only grown micro buds, unfortunately. Well you saw the winter autos. lol So really I’m just curious.

2 Likes

Gotta flip them early…same 1/2 final height rule applies :wink: So for like my 18" high cabinet - pot size of 6" tall - 5" space between plant and light = 7" / 2 = 3 1/2" at light flip. 3-4 wks old seems to be ideal

Absolutely! I think I found some as small as I need for the cabinet though am liking the sip to just dump 2c water into the bottom twice a week or so

@Mr.Sparkle is the master at it :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Oh totally! I’ve seen his cool grows. So pristine too, like surgical almost. lol Are you doing autos for these as well? Sorry, I only recently found this thread and don’t really want to scroll through 500 posts. I’m lazy and smoke too much weed for all that. lol

Can’t remember what they have at my hydro store, but they have quite a selection. I’ll see how small they get next time I’m there.

5 Likes

No worries :wink: Not yet…my confidence is growing with auto’s though not that much. Something freeing about being in control lol

7 Likes

Whelp, just as I dreaded…they are all boys. So I guess I should give them numbers…

Boy #1 - Starting to release pollen so turned off the fan, placed a sheet of freezer paper down to collect and since they grew into the light, snapped their necks

Boy #2

Boy #3…isn’t looking so hot. probably needs potting up though all my other pots are taller…time to scrounge around in the cabinets for old containers :stuck_out_tongue:

Least I got Mendo Breath and Mendo Blues going. Unfortunately, I lost 1 Blues and 2 Breath to damping off…left them in the humidity tray for a day too long. Now lets get girls!! I am so ooooo-Vvv-errrrr boys. Anyhow, introducing…

Mendo Blues…3days old

Mendo Breath…the bigger ones are 3 days old and the lil one is 1 day old

These will be vegged with the Lucky clones, clone to sex, collect the pollen from the boys in the micro cabinet while the girls are being cloned…a couple for seed and at least 1 for flower. Least that’s the most current plan of action :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

Made me think of this song … Boys Boys Boys!

8 Likes

That really is a lot of boys. :open_mouth: Congratulations. :smile:

4 Likes

Iv been known to slice up a milk jug from time to time! Lol

4 Likes

I use different colour zip ties and keep a written note of what colour is what if I get a lot of different things going on at once. I also stick labels of a big roll I got from an office supplies place on the pots themselves from seed and mark them with a permanent marker. Note to self. NOT whiteboard marker. I mostly manage to keep track, though I have one lonely unknown currently on death row due to my lack of order and organisation :joy: And if/when you are reusing pots, don’t be a lazy ass like me and make sure you remove the old labels or shit can get real confusing real fast. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

4 Likes