MOTR Does Micro

I reckon most of the CS you get bottled might be getting on a bit, and it doesn’t keep indefinitely, might be it’s also weaker than claimed. I get 100ppm and water it down to 50ppm and even though I keep it refrigerated in a dark bottle, by the time I get through a litre of it, I need to make it significantly stronger AND it’s gets far less effective. One of the reasons I switched to STS was for the fact that it can be acquired and stored as dry chemicals, so you only mix a small amount you are going to use on a particular seed run. I could always make a CS maker I suppose but that is still not as convenient as STS. One of the differences I notice in them is that with CS the branch seems to become completely ‘male’ flowers, whereas with STS you seem to get more ‘male’ flowers distributed on a bud that still may have female pistils on it. I gotta say though that I am a bit of a noob when it comes to STS.

6 Likes

Yeah. These were my own doing taking clones before fully sexed though this last year has been very boy heavy this last winter…62 seeds - 11 duds - 11 girls - 14 current unknowns = 26 boys and out of the 11 girls, 3 were feminized auto’s. Not complaining though have 26 reasons to :stuck_out_tongue:

More great idea’s for labeling! Thanks guys…everyone is getting double labeled for now on to avoid stupid shit

Yeah, I haven’t had any success with CS and can’t really bring myself to make a generator…probably electrocute myself or one of the boys. Maybe someday i’ll get the courage to try though I do love STS and you reminded me of another reason to love it…the granules last a long time and stay pretty fresh in the fridge still pretty potent 2 yrs after I bought the chemicals

6 Likes

How in the heck did those sprouts get so tall like that? Is that when lights are too far away? Forgive me as I only use the sun

1 Like

Yup! The QB is 24" above them so they stretched until they hit their preferred 18" distance…I should have got them closer to the light though didn’t want to clear out the area to install a shelf or prop them up on a box - i’ll just bury them deeper when I pot up…just like tomato’s, they grow roots from the buried stem :wink:

7 Likes

Whelp, I believe I have collected enough pollen off these 2 boys to go ahead and murder them like the Black Widow does to all her mates :stuck_out_tongue:

The other 2 haven’t done anything and I am not entirely sure that they are from the 2nd male so I am calling this pollen collection done and will be moving the other 2 Mendo’s in now they are transplanted into their 3" pots

The “bigger one” front and center is the only Canadian Sativa of 5 seeds to sprout after 3 wks…have a few more to sprout so hopefully it won’t be the only photo to go outside in ~4-5 wks

17 Likes

Does it still hurt you to kill plants? I can’t bring myself to straight chop them. I end up putting the whole damn plant in the compost. However, males may be a different story for me…

8 Likes

It does though if its contributed in some way its not so bad especially when I have 7 others full of potential to take its place…the joy and downside of overgrowing small spaces :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Whelp, the boys have been collected from, cabinet cleaned out and waiting for the Mendo’s to grow big enough to put in the cabinet

Not bad for 2 wks old working on their 2nd/3rd node. After a bit of brainstorming (and running out of room) I decided to take cuttings of the Lucky Charms F3’s and put the donors into the cabinet for sexing while we wait for the Mendo’s

Now I am starting to think that this is the way to go:
Start seeds in the makeshift veg cabinet
At 3-4 wks old take cuttings and flower the donors
Remove the male donors and keep the females in flower squeezing them into an already flowering cabinet
Veg the clones for ~2wks then flip the girls
Have the boys join 2 wks later for 3 wks
start the 6 wk countdown once males are removed

OR

Keep the males in flower for pollen collection eliminating their cuttings, females move to an already flowering cabinet
Remove and kill the males
Flower the girl clones at ~2 wks from rooting
Dust them with pollen 3 wks into flower and start the 6wk countdown

I can see the 1st scenario for one strain and the 2nd for 2-3 different strains going…either way this allows me to taste the flower around the same time as seed collecting and use this cabinet to its full potential trying to get 1 last run in it before Summer hits - still thinking on it though we’ll see how it goes :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

I resemble that remark brother! I’ve been in that hell before! Lol

:cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

I still struggle with culling …It just feels wrong. even when I have way more on the go than I know what to do with. Sometimes I can’t and they get left in a dark corner of the grow room to slowly wither away. :joy: Except as you say with males, unless they are there for a reason they be on the chopping block quick smart!

7 Likes

When I don’t want to kill a plant (weed or other) I chuck it outside in my yard or the woods to ‘give it a chance’. Technically the Canadian climate kills the plant, not me so I’m morally ok lol

11 Likes

Its been awhile…been working on getting my grow spaces more under control and figuring out the best way to utilize them for the next year or so. I have been wanting to try perpetual to lower the electric bill a bit more though keep getting distracted with so many other choices in my lineup…to do this, this cabinet will be turned into sexing and pollen collection for regular and feminized seeds.

Without further ado, here are the Lucky Charms F3’s

4,5 & 6 are confirmed girls

2 and 3 are confirmed boys

Unsure about 1 and 7 though looking like 1 of each

The Mendo’s are making progress in their veg…almost ready to flip them to see their sex

Mendo Breath Og

Mendo Blues

The 1st Canadian Sativa will go in with the Mendo’s for sexing - hopefully its a girl though have 2 more of 10 that just came up so I am bound to get at least 1 girl to put outside in ~3wks

21 Likes

I think number 7 is leaning towards boy

2 Likes

I think your right though don’t need a replay of Dr Mendo jumping the gun lol

4 Likes

Whelp, turns out the remaining 4 are all boys…

Removed and chopped. Just in time for reversing one of each of the Lucky clones since their 2nd STS spray is due tomorrow…

Charms…only girl already in her 1/2 gallon pot

7’s - transplanted into the open sip

Girl A roots

Girl B roots

and all 3 together

I will be STS spraying every 3 days for the next 2 wks :wink:

16 Likes

4 out of 4? I missed the start number. If so I thought only I could do that :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

No your not the only one…I have been on a boy streak all winter though looking like the streak may be over (((hope so))) I started with 7 so got 3 girls which is better than the single girl I have been getting with some of these so i’ll gladly take it :wink:

9 Likes

Sign me up to the boy run. Popped 6 blue gods and at this point i think I may get one female.

5 Likes

I’ll have the journal for sign ups soon…probably in 2 wks when the veg space gets freed up, auto’s (and tomato) goes outside and the newer clones closer to their final transplant:

7’s clones for regular seed

Charms for regular seed

As you can see they are quite small still being slow veggers though starting to gain momentum or at least it appears so… The clones I am using for reversal were the tops that actually rooted for me so they had the advantage of having a couple more weeks veg time

Eeekk! I hope not…Must just be a boy year :wink: reminds me how some scientists believe that female mammals can and will influence gender with their secretions based on lush vs lean years favoring one sex over the other for species survival. Its been awhile since I read the study :thinking: wonder if they found new evidence to back it up or disprove it

15 Likes

Today is the 3rd STS Spray day as well as, 3rd day of their flowering cycle…

I am expecting major stretch on the 7’s here soon though not much on the Charms if they follow the same pattern as their mom’s (Charms on Left, 7’s on right)

Either way, we will find out here soon :stuck_out_tongue:

21 Likes