MOTR Does Micro

Update time!

The girls are looking great and are resisting male development as they spit out pistils… not much of a stretch from either one so they are definitely working on something

16 Likes

“female mammals can and will influence gender with their secretions based on lush vs lean years favoring one sex over the other for species survival”

That makes sense. It always used to seem that females were far more common, which makes sense as only one male is needed to potentially pollinate hundreds of ladies.

Maybe this is the plant responding to all the fem seeds flying around or something?

4 Likes

Maybe…seems plant genetics are a bit more complicated though not as much as chicken genetics seem to be

5 Likes

Don’t tell me you raise chickens too?!? What dont you do lol

4 Likes

I did for a few years. Had a bunch of Wyandottes til the neighborhood dogs got what the ermine didn’t so then went to less the flashy Araucana’s and did well so added some orpingtons and Legbars…the Legbars didn’t mix well with the smaller ones so got rid of all except for 2 Araucana’s and 1 Cream Legbar which wasn’t enough to generate body heat in the -30F winter we had the year before last so they froze…last summer I was going to add insulation and get rid of a window for this springs hatches though didn’t get to it with all the rain we had. Maybe this next year as I do miss having them around

Ummmm pick my nose :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Liar, everyone picks their nose lol

I thought I had alot of hobbies, but I feel downright lazy compared to you. I see why you chose your nick now! Also, I had to look up ‘ermine’. I’m sure they’re pests, but they’re really cute haha

5 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

Lots of interests and love challenging myself plus someone needs to teach my boys how to be self sufficient so a lot of times we learn together :wink:

Cute looking though nasty little things…very predatory - loves to take off the chickens heads and eat their eggs though I love my ermine gloves so it works out in the long run I suppose

7 Likes

Really cool info Fuel!

I have seen that spiral before and will do a modified version of that to try to keep known stretchers on the shorter side and encourage the lower node growth to come up but that my dear friend, I now see that type of training is best for smaller mothers…gonna run with it for that purpose as this next year will be a bunch of pheno hunts after August/September.

I am finding 3 days is working best with my STS cocktail…even spraying a week before triggering flower I am getting developed sacks on new growth in 15-18 days. To ensure this is a proper timeline for better planning in direct pollination I will be collecting then “paint” it on the intended girl when she is 3 1/2 - 4 wks into flower for ~3 - 4 rounds…

So in your experience, keep low light and no more than 66f when reversing…got it - i’ll try that on the next round with the Mendo’s :wink:

I really don’t think I am being too gentle though see what you mean as they appear to be really healthy in spite of the chemicals… probably due to the nutrient rich soil as they get soaked on spray days and I do not add anything but water - most times not enough though the sip is really helping with that part :stuck_out_tongue:

Definitely more playing around is in order…I really appreciate your insight - Thank you! :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Very cool. Impressive looking spiral

6 Likes

The whole share is intended to be recycled for your own habits, i’m glad if it’s enough stimulating to boost your inherent creativity ;o)

3 Likes

Absolutely! More than 1 way to skin a fish…certainly helps to try different things until something clicks and get into a nice rhythm :wink:

4 Likes

Checked in on the girls…officially she-men so no more STS spraying :stuck_out_tongue:

Lucky 7’s

Lucky Charms

Really wish Samsung would stop updating their cell apps taking features away that I use - anyone know of a decent android app to try?

18 Likes

Wow you got those to turn without getting all weird like lots of them seem to. Nice touch!

What are you looking for an app to do?

3 Likes

:blossom: :sunflower: :tulip: :rose: :cherry_blossom: :herb:

:hugging: Hope you had a good day Growmom.

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Thank you…definitely getting it down :stuck_out_tongue:

To replace my cell phone camera since they keep changing it… I do have a point and shoot camera that takes ok pics just a pia to keep batteries and a card in it

Thank you :kissing_heart: My boys spoiled me again this year…another Peony, 2 hrs at the extreme fun center, pizza with beer and a movie - it was a blast!!!

7 Likes

My oldest son’s graduation is finally over!!! Just about did me in with all the extra celebrations leading up to the big moment

Now to get through the youngests’ end of year BBQ and 5th grade promotion train ride. More laid back though still going to be difficult as we are losing the awesome special ed teacher that has been with us through all of our trials and tribulations for the last 7yrs so I am taking it kinda hard…least I have her home phone on speed dial to pick her brain as needed :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, on to the She-Males!!!

Lucky 7’s

I had to pull down the taller one as she/he decided to grow through the light and am considering removing it altogether as the shorter one is just a better plant. Either way, I gotta decide soon…

Tall one (girl A)

Short one (girl B)

Charms

20 Likes

Congrats on your son graduating, it makes all the hard work with the kids well worth it.
From your thread here, it looks like your doing a great job.
Both on raising ya’ kids and your garden skills, are a joy to watch as well.

7 Likes

:tada::tada: looks like it’s time to build a new grow room eh?? :joy:

7 Likes

Thank you! It does indeed…the funny thing is he only needed 23.5 credits to graduate though decided to be an over achiever and got 29 - guess the threats of go to school or get a job paid off :stuck_out_tongue:

Its coming coming together for sure :heart_eyes:

Get outta my head rofl!! Would be perfect for an open grow with 2 315w cmh’s though could be more useful storing all the seasonal stuff in there since I won’t have him to dig them out of the storages soon…1st things 1st - get him sent off for boot camp, worry about the room later :wink:

10 Likes

Congrats to the new grad!!! :tada:

5 Likes