MOTR Does Micro

Very cool! My highschool colors were Green & white/Green & black too! Pirates '96 :grin:

:herb: :herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb::herb:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Soo its been a couple of weeks letting the she males do their thing…took out the tall Lucky 7 pheno so I’ll collect from the shorter girl for the fem seeds whereas it’ll be a mix for the regular seeds :wink:

Lucky 7…dropping some flowers though no pollen yet

Lucky Charms…dropping some flowers and pollen

I seem to be allergic to the Charms pollen - snot nose, eyes swollen, red cheeks, white rim around my lips and eyes…typical reaction to moldy dust and ragweed though not to cannabis til now…my potassium levels are on the low side (again) developing bruises all up/down my arms moving stuff around…benadryl and potassium horse pills to the rescue! We’ll see how I fare collecting from the 7’s girl in a few days :stuck_out_tongue:

17 Likes

Damn! That blows! Excuse the pun. May not want to smoke any of that strain either.

4 Likes

It does blow :slight_smile: oooooh you know I will try it out…I think its something with the pollen - not sure because I have been around a lot of different cannabis types with maybe a runny nose when pollen is really flying though could be coupled with something else like harvesting DBHP, tree and perennial pollen is starting to fly and my potassium (probably other electrolytes too) so could of just been the straw that broke the camels back for my immune system - just weird as I haven’t had an attack like that since I was a kid

3 Likes

It’s that time of the year! I was told that our allergies change like every 7 years or so. Maybe an old allergy came back or a new one developed. I’m allergic to all sorts of weird things, but mostly trees. Luckily, aside from Maples, most of the trees don’t grow here, but darned if I don’t want to tear my eyeballs out once I hit the Oregon state line. lol

3 Likes

Women & their doilies! :laughing: :wink:

:wave:

4 Likes

Yes it is. Doesn’t help that I have been pulling weeds out of the flower beds too so could be anything really

Yeah something to do with cell rejuvenation though I thought it was 10 yrs…either way, its been ~30 yrs since I have had any type of reaction like this…just odd.

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

okay so theoretically …I haven’t eaten shellfish in 25 years now…it should be safe to have some fried shrimp and tartar sauce or cocktail sauce and some cold peeled maybe? No? :frowning2:

3 Likes

Only one way to find out.

3 Likes

I sprinkle iodized salt on the back of my hand and I get hives…i will skip the taste test till I pass the skin reaction thanks

3 Likes

Eek. Good idea then.

3 Likes

Theoretically though don’t need to take that kinda risk. Also theoretically, you could build up your immune system with small micro doses on the skin working up to ingestion though iirc, that’s for minor allergies…I don’t think major ones go away

Yeeeaahhh. Don’t need you going into anaphylaxis shock

Personally, I am not worried about being allergic to Lucky Charms as I have been handling her just fine in veg and flower with no issues so its probably a combination of things…i’ll narrow it down. If anything i’ll just do pollen collecting in the winter :wink:

5 Likes

Sometimes they do. I was moderately allergic to fire ants for years. Not full anaphylaxis, but severe swelling and itching. About 10 years back it turned into a full severe reaction, throat closed off in under 10 minutes. After 5 reactions and about a year I’m no longer allergic at all. Was kinda strange to think I was gonna die and nothing happened lol

6 Likes

Soooo I got a bit too busy for much updating though in the last 2 wks managed to get ~2tsp feminized pollen from the Lucky 7’s girl…a little touch of the “itchy eye” though not full blown reaction like with the Charms girl…

Having the cabinet open, I threw in 2 Mendo Breath (left) and 3 Mendo Blues (right) to start sexing them

Mendo Breath - the bushy one (left) isn’t showing sex yet though the other (right) is a girl

Mendo Blues…2 boys and 1 girl (middle)

Moved the confirmed girls and confirmed boys back in the veg cabinet and found 1 more of each of the Mendo’s…at 1st I thought maybe I left them because the sex was known though didn’t take note… scoping through, I can’t find any tell tale signs so they are now in the cabinet to start their sexing

The clones are now 8 days from cutting and feel firm in the seedling soil though no actual roots yet

16 Likes

Some more boys and you could build a foorball team :sweat:. Must be frustrating growing them and having finally to cull them. Hope you can use someone as stallon. Thanks for the update … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Almost eh? lol

I think its more frustrating to get this far and have no girls…i’ll take the 1 or 2 I get then use all of the boys for the next generation :wink:

5 Likes

Well, they say thar when a specie is near to extinguish they only have girls because you only need a single boy to “pollinize” them :grin:, so you can see this boy abundance as good news and symptom of further healthy generations coming … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Did you ship the youngins off to summer camp? :thinking: :lifter: Busy busy busy :smile: :bee:

3 Likes

Not this year though thinking I probably should have - figured moving from part time nights to full time days at work, Ot, Pt, Summer School, Scouts (Cubs take the summer off, Boys don’t), big brother leaving soon, the youngest making friends with a new boy in the neighborhood and out of state family visiting is plenty to handle…perhaps next year when so much isn’t going on :wink:

6 Likes

and then some…that was my insinuation…the only way to achieve all that would be to ship them all off :ship: :joy:

3 Likes