MOTR grows with OniTenshu

Awesome :blush: Iā€™ll keep that in mind. Iā€™m planning on getting some ewc from home soon also. I asked and they said it was ok to grab some. To keep the soil alive between my grows Iā€™ll have to separate and mix in clover to keep it all alive. Iā€™ll grow some more garlic chive too and start a herb garden to keep the microbiology from drying out. Come time to use it again Iā€™ll till it all in and start again with fresh topsoil once itā€™s all mixed up and amended for the next grow. At least Iā€™ll have the time to get my soil ready for next time with plants I can be ruthless with if needed while I test out my soil mixes.

3 Likes

Nope, just 2 1/2c plain water. Next week youā€™ll give 1 1/4c on drench days (Monday and Friday) and the seedlings will get the rest :wink:

It wonā€™t be needed for the Luckyā€™s until at the end of the grow to recycle the soil

Why canā€™t you?

3 Likes

My mother is the boss here. She wants to check whatā€™s using up all the electricity before I start again. Once I get a job again itā€™ll be a lot less strict for my limitations.

Until then I have to listen to her rules. Once I can get everything lined up I can move out without worrying. For now itā€™s not wise to leave the nest. I canā€™t even earn enough to pay a monthly rent anywhere in my area :expressionless: not even accounting for anything else in the budget. Just rent. Iā€™ll work on getting a better job or multiple jobs I can get to and do before Iā€™m moving out and making my own rules

2 Likes

Iā€™m not letting it keep me down. Iā€™ll use garden plants for now and keep my green thumb alive while continuing to learn how to read the plants. Should work out for the next grow. By then Iā€™ll be able to work on some of my ideas Iā€™ve been wanting to do.

Plus Iā€™ll be growing some junk seeds in a kratky style between grows too. May as well see how long I can keep up a kratky style grow too lol. Itā€™ll be interesting to say the least as itā€™ll be a windowsil grow.

Sorry to any reading if Iā€™m depressing. I do look on the bright side of things often, but Iā€™m also realistic in my expectations based off learned patterns around me. Maybe itā€™s my OCD, but it doesnā€™t matter. I do things normally and I try to keep happy as often as I can

4 Likes

Weā€™ll worry about all of that later

You wonā€™t have to go through all of that for the next round even with doubling or even quadrupling it :wink:

With the soil I sent you there really is no need to wait except to get your watering habits under control as the liquid nutrients will give the plants everything they need while the nutrients in the pot break down and become available to the plants

Gotcha. I will definitely keep that in mind for the rest of this grow and the next :thinking: Remove the corn lights if you still have them going and we wonā€™t worry about cloning the Luckyā€™s well you wonā€™t :stuck_out_tongue:

Good though the herbs I am going to have you grow will require less light than garlic and chives

Yup! Though please hold off on trying something new until you have a better idea of what is needed, why and growing consistently. Otherwise, I am afraid youā€™ll get overwhelmed again doing too much at once as well as, throwing money away on nutrients that you will not be using for no til

3 Likes

Okay. Iā€™ll wait on that. It just sucks my soil will dry to dust before I reuse it. It takes about a week or 2 after I remove the pots from the tent with nothing growing in it to have it so dry it kicks up dust if I grab any to check moisture.

That really confuses me as Iā€™ve never had this issue before cannabis

1 Like

No it wonā€™t and shouldnā€™tā€¦all will be revealed :stuck_out_tongue: I need to send you the bloom drench here soon and since quadrupling your soil for $60.00 is out of your budget at the moment, I will include enough minerals and top dresses for 10 gallons of soil so all you need to do is find 3 1/2 gallons peat/perlite and 1 1/2 gallons ewc over the next 2 months for the next round

5 Likes

Those should both be affordable options to grab. Last I checked both are a affordable gardening option too

3 Likes

They are and should be cheaper for you too. Here, its $9.99 for a quart of peat/perlite or $26.99 for 3cuft Sunshine mix #4 and $32.99 for a bag of ewc so for me, its a no brainer which to getā€¦if my youngest wasnā€™t deathly afraid of snakes (including worms) I would just spend $20.00 for 1lb worms and make my own to save even more money.

4 Likes

I should be able to find 1 cubic foot of each for a pretty good cost at aubuchon. So far they have prices that beat online, so itā€™s likely a smaller version of a warehouse store without the membership needed LoL. Now that I know the prices there are good Iā€™ll be finding out what I can get and when I can get them. The wait shouldnā€™t be too terribly long before I start my 3rd grow. Just enough time to measure the meter to check if itā€™s me using up all the electricity as thereā€™s no trust in this house apparently

3 Likes

That would be awesome though weā€™ll double up to 10 gallons for Round 2 then again for 20 gallons and onto no til for round 3 :wink:

4 Likes

Sounds awesome. My goal is a fairly pain free soil that maintains itself mostly. Getting that though will take some work and Iā€™m willing to do that work

3 Likes

Its been awhile since I have showed how my plants are doing so took a few shots while I was in there moving things aroundā€¦

Lucky 7ā€™s

Lucky Charms and tomatoā€™s

All gaining nice growth above and below the soilā€¦slow and steady :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

That is the ultimate goal while spending as little as possible and teaching you along the way to minimize stress and learn how to maintain the environment as little changes make a huge impact

4 Likes

So those are only 4 days younger than Midna and looking near the same as she was before I gave her a new pot. Seems to be near the same stage she was in before I had to transplant the next couple days after they almost reached the sides of the pot.

Iā€™m really happy that Midna is becoming a fairly stress free grow overall. I started her following your guide before I started to do my own thing with her following my instinct and so far itā€™s worked out with her.

1 Like

Yup! They wonā€™t need repotting until after sexing though as the roots have plenty of room to fill the pots due to the early root restriction instead of allowing them to branch out to the outter edges so early

Thats great!

3 Likes

Hereā€™s the pics before lights out. I suspect I wonā€™t need to spray the leaves tonight with that appearance

4 Likes

Yeah, I wouldnā€™tā€¦let the roots take in the water instead of the leaves. In fact, this next week spraying is reduced to foliar day(s) - Tuesday and Saturday if your not doing IPM sprays :wink:

4 Likes

I donā€™t have neem yet, so until then I canā€™t claim Iā€™m doing any IPM.

I did read that insect frass helps kill fungus gnats and their eggs. Is that true? If yes I can look into grabbing some to mix in my soil also. Iā€™ll need your advice on soil mixing ratio to fix my soil in my other grow.

Peat, perlite, ewc, cow or lobster compost, and kelp fertilizer are all fairly affordable around here. Neptuneā€™s harvest is a local brand I found out. From Gloucester apparently :heart_eyes: Iā€™m biased, but anything from my hometown thatā€™s managed to find itā€™s way on a OG FAQ for recommended brands is good in my eyes. For the lobster compost is from coast of Maine. So far theyā€™ve gotten people locally to use only them once they switched. Good too as they have a dry fertilizer line too thatā€™s only 15 a bag that should last 2-4 grows easily and apparently with that brand a lot of people can use just water, so Iā€™m extremely interested in looking into them once I get the cash to try out a grow using them.

Pretty affordable per cubic foot at around 9 a bag last I saw

2 Likes

Iā€™ll send you some for Round 2

Yeah though its limited in that function being water soluble and the soil will eat it faster than it can kill gnats and their eggsā€¦crushed up zeolite (horse stall refresher) works better for that and wonā€™t be useless like diatomaceous earth is when it gets wet. Insect frass is much better to use to stimulate trichomes after the 2nd week of light flip

Foxfarms or the soil where you added anything/everything to?

All great things to have except the cow compostā€¦urea is too high

Iā€™d make everyone soil for that price! lol :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes