MOTR grows with OniTenshu

The control looks fine to me…the 1" potters will be hungry soon as their cotleydon’s (and the middle one’s 1st leaf) are starting to yellow. Luckily, they’ll receive their 1st feed on Monday :wink:

88F is a bit high though and making them work harder to cool off at the moment. Turn up your extraction fan a little and/or lower them to 18-20" below the light…they should be settled enough now to not stretch a whole lot as they are leaving the seedling phase

3 Likes

The temperature will drop to 75 or so tonight. Should I still turn it down now or do it at lights on?

Is actually odd that it’s 91 at the peak. I had raised the lights before I left too with them at 18" from the light. Up to this point they’ve been only getting the air from the vent with the driver farther away. Now it’s nearly in the tent to keep the lights at the distance required. I’ll have to get some more wire for some wago extension. I’m at the max height for it now without finding a spot in the tent for it.

2 Likes

Thats ok and it shouldn’t be much to get them down to 70f at night now they are entering their 2nd week…seedling stage is just about over so the higher heat for them at night is too. They can continue to sustain the higher heat at night for another week or 2 if necessary as sometimes it is though preferably will go down to ~65-70F at night (78-83f day) so when they go into their 3" pots on Friday they’ll have 3 days to settle before their light transition for sexing

Not really when looking at your outside temps warmin up adding to the inside heat…thermo conductivity and what not per my hvac friends irl…do I have hvac friends here? If so, please speak up :wave: Anyway, as far as I understand it is your temps are raising which is adding to your heat indoors…the heat indoors goes into the tent which heats up even more before it hopefully goes out a window or it recirculates heating up the cool air entering the room adding to the heat in already in the tent

Here is you local forecast

and compare it to mine

Your a good month ahead of me so you’ll be turning your fan up and indoor heat down in increments sooner to maintain 65-70f night and 78-83f day in the tent from here on out
Its a balance…learning that balance for your individual environment is the hardest part of indoor growing especially as the seasons change :wink:

4 Likes

They look a lot better today and humidity was naturally higher than 16% for once.
Before I watered the plants and altered the humidity here’s the morning pics

Right after I zipped up the other wall once Zelda went back in this is the hygrometer pic after the tent was wide open for a half hour or so.

4 Likes

Good thing you’re getting a more enjoyable Tuesday through Friday than I’m getting. Should be much more enjoyable

3 Likes

They look great working on those roots and building a circulatory system that they are starting to use…raising their leaves to cool, lowering leaves to stay warm and anticipating lights off by relaxing as well as getting alert when lights come on

Tha’ts better

Yeah. Its trying for an early spring…farmers almanac has April for direct seeding of beans, carrots, onions, spinach and peas - apropos for my break up season where everything pleasant and foul gets uncovered in a big muddy mess then ferments before it goes away…fun! We all know what areas to stay away from through that transition :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I think my tap may be acidic or my pH pen is that off calibration. It has been awhile since I’ve calibrated it though. It says my tap is a 6 at best and averaging 5.8 pH. If that is true that could explain some of the issues I’m seeing if the microbiology isn’t strong enough to buffer it

2 Likes

To my knowledge, the different soils I sent you and the FoxFarms you mixed in will buffer it to where it needs to be which is 6.3 - 6.5 ph in the root ball…they both (and mother earth groundswell) use my 240ppm and 7.8ph well water without a hitch as is and none of the components would make me think it couldn’t buffer it the other way and raise it.

Microbiology tries to establish in smaller pots though really its short term until a 15-20 gallon bed is reached to where it can sustain itself with soil digestion switching from bacteria to fungal with what we add to help enhance our girls…that’s one of our end goals though have to walk before can run a marathon :wink:

4 Likes

Okay cool :blush:
O was getting concept TBH, but I just checked in the tent and not a single problem in the tent. All are happy as can be. Seems my hard work finally paid off and the soil isn’t dry by morning for once

2 Likes

Here’s the pics after they’ve had some time to settle in the tent

2 Likes

Very awesome project guys! I hope you both have fun and I’m sure you will both end up learning something, heh.

Much respect @MomOnTheRun!

Best Vibes on the journey Oni!!!

peace

3 Likes

Oh, @MOTR, I wanted to ask what type of clover seed you use? I want to buy some but I’ll have to order online it looks like.

I’m getting ready to start pulling more and more away from store bought nutrients and will be maintaining a living soil from now on. I’m slowing getting things rolling already to get the season started. Got some worms from a friend to start my worm farm, and, I was able to go out and turn my compost finally after being frozen in for a long time. I put a garbage can full of recycled potting mix, with EWC, and some of my not quite finished compost in, and I’ve been brewing some bacto/fungi mix to inoculate it all.

Thank you! peace

2 Likes

My kit had Dutch White Clover in it if that helps.

Thanks for the good vibes :blush:

2 Likes

Dutch white…it should be available at any store that sells seeds now everyone is getting ready for spring :wink:

Exciting!

5 Likes

They look pretty happy and getting hungry…they’ll love the feeding tomorrow :wink:

4 Likes

Sounds great! The one in the middle there looks almost to be eating her first 2 fingers there. Maybe it’s my imagination, but I’d hope not😅

2 Likes

Lights off pics. What’s the plan for watering day again? I can get the water ready if needed

3 Likes

Not your imagination…they are paling and will do so the faster the cotyledons nutrition is used up showing they need more than whats in the seedling soil. Its only now that feeding is beneficial :wink:

Monday: 1/8 tsp Grow #1 in 1 cup water…4Tb each
Tuesday: plain water mist
Friday: up-pot to 3" … water in with 2Tb plain water if the soil is moist or 4Tb if the soil is dry - either way works :wink:
Saturday: Preferred pest management foliar or plain water if none

When lights come back on here soon, i’ll snap some pics for my update

5 Likes

Ok, here are my Lucky’s

7’s

Charms

All have reached their 3rd/4th node and totally dependent on the soil and drenches for nutrition…right on “schedule” happily growing and enjoying life :stuck_out_tongue:

Tomorrow my Lucky’s (and tomato’s) will get 1 tsp grow #2 in 4c water giving 4Tb (1/4c) each. For the 1st time in their lives, drench day is truly that…flood the pot with 1/4c all at once and remove any run off 30 minutes later. They no longer need to be nursed and babied being actual plants now plus their soil will stay moist longer since its also flip light day…for a couple days they will act over watered though we know they won’t be. Just another transition period so we should know or at least be close to knowing their genders

Tuesday they will receive their 1st transition foliar then another 1/4c each drench with plain water followed by my essential oil IPM on Saturday

4 Likes

Awesome! They’re all progressing so quickly now :grin:
I’ll get the water mixed up and feed the babies ASAP. Just gotta measure first. I passed out last night before lights on :sweat_smile: I’ll take better pictures later. I didn’t realize my camera settings we’re reset and I’m back to HDR color again.

5 Likes