MOTR grows with OniTenshu

I’ve watered the seedlings and now I wait to see how well I did.

No pictures at the moment, but once I get more charge in my phone I’ll snap some more to see how well they took the water this time.

3 Likes

They all look very Happy :heart: I saw trichomes on all 4 of them show up already. I took 2 sets of overhead shots one with flash to see if I couldn’t get a shot of them.

3 Likes

6 Likes

The humidity has by a little lower back to 16% again and the heat went down to 84 average.

The leaves look a little eaten on the single fingers now.

3 Likes

Remember they were starting to pale a couple days ago as the cotyledons shrivel up its just more evident now that they are ready for their 3" pots.

Those 1st leaves will continue to yellow and shrivel in the heavier feeders and nothing to really worry about as the roots are getting their 1st exercise in feeding the rest of the plant after a fairly heavy dose of nitrogen (2.5%) and calcium (2.5%) with a light dose of potassium (0.5%),phosphorus (0.5%) and magnesium (0.5%)… see how the 1st “true” leaves have a claw at the end? They are showing it was a bit too much nitrogen for them. Also, see how their leaves have a balloon appearance? They are showing they are not drinking the nutrient water as fast as the plain water so the roots are staying on the wetter side longer than they are used to…transitions can be rough :wink:

If your really worried about them you can up-pot now for growth to resume on Friday/Saturday instead of Friday for growth to resume on Monday/Tuesday…use the same amount of plain water: 2Tb if the soil is moist, 4Tb if the soil is dry concentrating on the outer edge of the pot

5 Likes

I’ll probably wait just to keep with the time table you gave me, but if you think I should transplant I’ll get the pots ready for them. They definitely seem to enjoy the space despite getting hungry

2 Likes

They all look pretty good :ok_hand:
The humidity is only 20% when I open my tent for a bit. So it looks like it might be 20% humidity in my house on average now. Now to figure out why the humidity is so low where the seedlings are :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve repositioned the seedlings around the box for better light and distance from the lights. I measured the distance and somehow all of them fit in the 18" distance without having them too far. Which confuses me since the control seedling is at a distance taller😅

3 Likes

Originally from 2 hours ago.
Not too badly stunted I hope. They look to be growing slowly now.

Lights off pictures

4 Likes

Well that’s a thing :sweat_smile:
One of the seedlings is drooping severely

I’ve kept up the homework and as you said they should be okay until tomorrow, but should I transplant today? I gave the wilted one a spray with plain water. I have the 3" pot soil ready to work with once I know what I should do to it of anything before I fill a pot with it. I might transplant a day early after seeing this one unless that’s a fungal issue, but the top growth is still healthy looking.

2 Likes

It isn’t recovering after it was sprayed with water. I have to go to my aunt’s funeral in a few minutes, so I don’t have time to work in the garden until tonight when I get back home. If anyone has any quick tips I’ll see what I can do before I go

2 Likes

Yeah, they “should” be though that 1 is clearly thirstier and needs hydrated in the root system…give them all 3Tb water, wait a couple hours for the 1 to perk up then transplant

2 Likes

Okay cool. I’m out until tonight unfortunately. I’ve been out with family this whole time. When I get back though I’ll see how it’s been. I gave it about 1tb water and sprayed it down before I left since I didn’t have the time to do much before I left today.

Since tomorrow is transplant day anyways what’s the homework for tonight? I’m wishing the seedling improves from this. I’ll be back in a couple hours or so. Most likely after lights off unfortunately. Busy day. I’ll get what needs done once I get home

2 Likes

Good! Better than stressing :wink:

That should be adequate to get the roots what they need for that 1 to rebound

It should especially seeing how it was fine yesterday with a little droop this morning… Good call on giving 1 Tb water before you left. It will be what it will be - seedlings are funny that way.

Same thing…water to hydrate the soil, wait a few hrs for the roots to re-hydrate then transplant - easier to transplant wet soil/roots than dry :wink:

2 Likes

Anything I have to do to the soil before transplant or just fill the pots and get them in there?

1 Like

Nope…just transplant and water in then lifta :wink:

1 Like

Awesome :grin:
Once I get home I’ll fill the pots and get them ready. As long as they’re out of the tent soil doesn’t misbehave and dry out unusually, so I’ll let them settle and get ready for the seedlings in the morning

1 Like

Looks like I’ll be home before lights out just barely. I’ll check in the seedling and see how it has been while I’ve been away

1 Like

I :heart: this.
Reminds me of how i learnt to do outdoor back in the day,
but with a whole heap less of getting a clip behind the ear lol.
You’re a lucky, lucky grower @OniTenshu to have such a mentor.

OG the world!
Jay

5 Likes

Another seedling wilted today while I was out.

I’m getting the pots filled now. Should I worry about the seedlings or should it be fine until morning? I gave all 4 a tablespoon of water to be safe before morning at the rate I was seeing them droop. I can always pill them out and give them a new pot if it’s advised to do before lights on. Otherwise the plan as I know it is to transplant at lights on and water before LITFA.

1 Like