MOTR grows with OniTenshu

They’re looking really happy today. :grin:

4 Likes

They are and growing at a nice pace despite being on the cool side. You could lower the light over them to help warm them up - I think mine are 12" away at the moment though i’ll have to whip out the measuring tape when the lights come back on to be sure

3 Likes

Ever notice that when your plants are healthy and doing good, regardless of what you are growing, that your attitude and general well being improve as well…

Peace
DaFozz

4 Likes

Yes I have. With the stress gone I’m going in the tent 1-2x a day tops instead of effectively making the tent useless by never letting them be left alone

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure if I should lower the lights or not. Should I do that for the rest of the lights too? They’re 17" from Zelda and the Lucky’s both funny enough

2 Likes

I lowered the light as you said to. Almost immediately I saw the temperature go up to 68f. I admit I had to turn the heat back on last night before I froze to death for whatever reason. I can’t explain why I could see my breath inside the house, but it’s whatever. If I’m turning it on again it’s on 64-65f at the highest. It’s probably my body in shock from being in a warm 75-80f average for the last 5 months.

The tent just finds a way to get cooler than the room temperature of the house no matter what I do. Turning the heat back on was for me not them. I was in full clothing and in a blanket cocoon and still covered in goosebumps. Shit I just realized I may be sick😅

4 Likes

That’s better though preferably they would be at 75-78F…mine are sitting at 82F day/69 night and 9" from the light so I took away their box so they are officially on the floor gaining 6" for a total of 15" distance for a bit so now its all about the training as they stretch

Its Spring :stuck_out_tongue: I lowered my in floor heat to 65F and will lower it again to 50f in 4 wks then off for the Summer 3 wks after that…gotta work with the temp fluctuations :wink:

Well leds don’t put out much heat so your probably bringing in cooler air than you think. That’s ok as it looks like your maintaining the max 12f difference between day and night

Absolutely! Gotta be comfy in your own home… many are passing around colds as the temp fluctuates and more are getting out/about. Thankfully, cold season is almost over

2 Likes

I decided to stay home today and rest/recover and I can continue chilling with friends tomorrow or the next day once I’m feeling better.

It went up to 70f around noon, so now that I’m awake and thinking of it I’ll check to see if it’s raised any higher again.

If I can’t turn my heat any higher what’s my options for increasing the temperature of the tent higher than room temperature? I’m sure reducing circulation I can’t do as it’s on the lowest setting my fan will go. Extraction fan maybe, but I don’t think that will increase it higher like a greenhouse.

I’m thinking if I can figure out at least 1 zxmean and add from there maybe as they did increase it before. I’ll have to grab new hooks for them if you think I should. I won’t add it unless you say it’s okay as things are just starting to improve in the tent despite the temperature and the increased light in the wrong spectrum can be bad.

I’ll have to see what the auto filter does for zxmean light to compare spectrum on a rudimentary level at least. The QB light is always filtering too yellow. When I do the test I’ll add what Kelvin each correct at and what one makes them give a natural daylight clear color expression. The zxmean light will always have the UV pink hue, but in testing one time I had noticed I found a color that made a clear color like the QB and the leaves had a pink spot reflecting here and there, but no pinkwashing.

2 Likes

Probably best until you feel better…don’t need to run yourself ragged :wink:

Resist the urge to check temp other than the 1-2 times a day as that’s where you will get into trouble with more fluctuations…imho, best time to check is right at the peak “mid-day” so set at 12 hrs on, that will be 6-8 hrs into their day

Lower the lights and/or the extraction speed are really your only options at this point…keep the circulation fan going on low as it does 2 things: eliminate hot spots/dead air and strengthen the stems to hold the weight of the impending buds

They will add heat though having the UV, you HAVE to keep it at least 18" away or risk burning the crap out of them and even then the plants will only tolerate it for a couple hrs at a time. Personally I wouldn’t add them and just ride it out…warmer weather is on its way a lot sooner for you than it is for me :wink:

Like we discussed earlier, you’ll want to add more blue when your ready to add more lights though as is, they are doing great seeing more of the spectrum than we can

2 Likes

Okay cool. I lowered the extraction fan to 25% for now as I don’t want to lower it so low that I defeat the purpose of it entirely. Negative pressure is still maintaining, just not so much pressure the walls are a inward bubble. The doors are in more than the corners. More specifically the corners aren’t being pulled on, but the doors are. I peeked through the Velcro window to see how they were doing from whatever angle I could see. I had to water the Basil before lights out. I didn’t bring my phone when I went in, so I don’t have pictures. It was shriveled up on each leaf and completely lifeless. I guess it drank a lot faster being that much closer to the lights. It’s back to before now and I didn’t bother watering any other pots as they all looked fine and will survive the night.

On another note would finding something to place under the bottom of the outside of the tent to use as insulation be okay? I can feel the air coming off the floor and it’s colder than outside air.

If I’ll be removing them from the tent to water next time I could slide something under much easier, but even if I did that I assume I want it as level as the floor if possible.

Oh and when I said it was filtering too yellow I meant my camera filter on Auto. My camera sees much more than I can and regularly sees invisible light spectrum around my house. Since my Xbox has been off the Kinect hasn’t been adding those purple white beams in my pictures anymore.

I mentioned it because for taking pictures it’s important that we see it in a natural light color and finding the proper color filter can do wonders for that.

3 Likes

That sounds about perfect

Yeah, I saw the picture of it in the other thread…the closer the lights are = higher intensity/heat = thirstier as their systems work a bit harder so you’ll have to do either more frequent shallow waterings or deeper weekly waterings…either works as long as its consistent, the plant will adapt

I wouldn’t though if you feel you must then go for it and try it out…worst thing that’ll happen is it’ll become a home for bugs and rot out the floor if it gets and stays damp

Gotcha. Well nothing will replace sunlight though as far as filters go for close proximations of color you’ll have to play with your camera settings on whatever device your using as they are all a bit different like for my cell phone, its the basic “Pro” mode though on my point and shoot camera its “Auto” mode with +3 white balance.

All in all I think your pictures are pretty decent and pretty spot on being able to tell whats lime green vs dark green or light yellow vs yellow wash etc

3 Likes

I make a effort to adjust the lighting in my pictures. Oddly enough I just adjust the Kelvin. Currently I have it in tungsten light correction and it gives the same result as 5000k, so I’ve been using that.

I’ll have to purchase a proper camera app as the free options are just bad enough to hate very much.

Also tbh as it is now the water the bottom collects does slowly leak through the tent bottom onto the hardwood floor beneath anyways. Even if I water with no runnoff the floor still has something holding water on top. Wouldn’t the same problem occur if I left it alone too?

I haven’t checked on the plants yet this morning, but worst case scenario one of the other plants need water again. Plus it’s time to see if any males are in the pot.

2 Likes

Only one has shown a possible sex so far and I think it may just be a leaf set growing or undetermined. It’s so small I can’t see it properly.

2 Likes

It is difficult especially when the auto focus doesn’t zoom in properly though that’s ok its probably male as they are the 1st to show though go ahead and leave it for now …it sould show for sure this weekend :wink:

2 Likes

It’s only on 2 nodes. I’m leaning on male TBH also. It’s just 1 each, so I’ll see it in the morning and find out for sure.

So far it’s the only one to show anything at all. The shape is what confused me. It almost looks like it’s on a stem, but it’s teardrop shaped.

Tulip started out ambiguous I remember before unrolling those odd shaped calyx. Her name came from the odd shape. They just looked like rolled up flower petals. Little tiny buds LoL.

Though with the pattern it’s been in I’d still lean on male either way. It’s the one that had it’s roots severely disturbed in transplant originally that lost its root I mentioned. TBH I’ve been assuming I stressed it male. The rest got very gentle handling at least.:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

On the foliar feed would it be okay if I did it before lights on Friday or does it need to be after lights off for the timing?

Something came up and I’ll be away from the house before lights off Friday to make it there in time.

On a better note I’m playing phone tag now with a job​:sweat_smile: they texted me yesterday morning and unfortunately I wasn’t able to talk over the phone yesterday. Pain spiked and speech was slurred all day. I got the text as I sat down for breakfast and when I tried talking about it I couldn’t say anything and for the first time in years I barely spoke :joy:
I left my message this morning and now I’m waiting for the manager to be on shift again to get another call😅 at least that is what I’m being told, so I’ll keep hope my back didn’t screw me over right when I seem to finally get a job again.

2 Likes

Yup - sex development can be pretty slow with today marking the earliest they will show

Some balls have stems, some don’t and some like to have a weird female looking shape to them…all shapes and sizes :stuck_out_tongue: Only way to know for sure is if a 2nd one appears next to it or if it sprouts a pistil…overly stressed plants may produce both on the same plant :wink:

Sure…either way works just make sure its dry before the lights come back on

3 Likes

I thought I missed something I meant to reply to so back tracked a bit and found it :stuck_out_tongue:

If your getting water leaking through the tent it will rot out the floor over time. Best get some plant trays to avoid all of that - I think I saw some at Fred Meyers or Walmart for $1-3 depending on the size you need…flimsy things though they work. For bigger pots, a $10 plastic kiddie wade pool works as well as a $20.00 water heater drain pan :wink:

2 Likes

Now that I have more than a few minutes, time for my bi weekly update…

7’s - taking their time going into flower here on day 17 since light flip though making progress with all those whispy preflowers

Charms - nice little budlets

Charms F3’s - almost ready to top for clones

Now for the clones

7’s…most are rooted and starting to grow again

These ones are the rooted tops of the survivors…Girl A in the black pot and boy B in the blue cup and yes, they are labeled on their containers :stuck_out_tongue:

Charms…

The surviving tops of the Girl (top) and Boy A (bottom)

7 Likes

I woke up early for once :sweat_smile: :expressionless:
I guess I’m using the time productively until I can sleep again.

Of course once I can get those I’ll be putting them into a tray. It’s why I was asking about something under the tent itself all this time. The tent tray is useless and is completely passive to water. When any water splashes on the floor I always check under it to be safe. All the pinpoint holes are probably what’s causing problems. It’s not letting out really any light other than showing me the holes. No beams of light form from them ever and I can walk past in a dark room and not be made suddenly blind like when I go into the tent and close it while in the dark.

I’ll have to scroll up to see what you said on the insect frass for later. If memory serves me you said that I want to put it all over the pot on the leaves and all before I water it in? I thought anything on them blocking light would be bad

4 Likes