MOTR Does Micro

That is an option… just don’t want to tempt mildew though probably won’t anyway with as much circulation going on in there.

My 1st idea was to hot glue rocks along the bottom of the pots making a weight ring of sorts then as I was straightening up cola’s on my bigger girls with binder clips and pipe cleaners figured that would probably be easier lol

2 Likes

yeah or tape them down, usually i only have my plants want to flop over typically when my pots are dry and they are miss balanced, as i try and balance out the plant then early training is done, but that doesn’t always happen.

3 Likes

Spiral/spring shape ^^

2 Likes

“Bend them shape them any way you want them!”
“Over under sideways down”

Very nice @MomOnTheRun! Good Growin’ Mama!
:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Hey @MomOnTheRun. I did an experiment growing and flowering in small pots. 1 gal and 2 gal pots. The plants in smaller pots have to be tied every which way or they fall over etc. They gobble nutes and are always thirsty. I’ve gone back to 3 gal pots and regret my folly. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

That would definitely do it! Next time I am going to top the plants and tie them down through the stretch

Reminds me of that Journey song… :notes: Anyway you want it, thats the way you need it :notes: :stuck_out_tongue:

Honestly, I am most comfortable in 3-5 gallon pots and didn’t think I would get this far in these 4" pots…I think they are like 1/2-3/4c? Something like that. Before this, the smallest I went was 2 quart pots with a 4wk veg and did good enough to try smaller with 2qt pots on stand by an enough room in my bigger cabinets to move them just in case…they do seem to be “always” thirsty though it seems they are fine as long as they get watered just before lights go off and just after lights come on so ~1/4c every 11.5 - 12 hrs so far…may need to add a 3rd watering “mid day” now they are at the midway point of flowering

3 Likes

Day 62 from seed; Day 39 from light flip

The binder clips and pipe cleaners are doing awesome helping to keep them upright…totally not noticeable unless looking for them - so far so good :stuck_out_tongue:

, s

10 Likes

You can also build something somewhat akin to a scrog net with rope.
The height should be near the lowest tops

Join all tent sides, make an x at the center for some extra strenght and support them. Build this “structure” where you need with another paralel/perpendicular pieces. You can put this support structure at different heights too.

I dont know how to exactly explain, but I did here and there before I got the scrog nets (also is never too late to apply one at the tops and support the tops with gardening wire, rope or what you find.

2 Likes

That would be perfect for known female runs ie fem seed, clones and a great idea to maximize space

2 Likes

The idea is not to be even close to the “density” of a scrog. A very few lines, just enough to support them. I am bad at explaining in my mother language, imagine in english, snif
Also easy to remove, you can cut too if no patience to untie

1 Like

I’m an old guy. The references were to The Yardbirds Song and The American Breed’s only hit. Enjoy. :cowboy_hat_face:

https://youtu.be/2CVJFQkPkCg
https://youtu.be/L4DdAs0PddQ

5 Likes

What say you @Calyxander, @Scissor-Hanz @alpine? Remember these tunes? :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Wow, great, I have not heard before, our young years …

3 Likes

I suppose I am just eclectic appreciating all forms of “Real” music… grew up in the 80’s though preferred the likes of Buddy Holly, The Animals, Mama’s and Papa’s, Jefferson Airplane, Troggs, Steppenwolf, Rolling Stones and Double Trouble when it came to rock though listened to mostly country from the likes of Merle Haggard, Ronnie Milsap, Glen Campbell, Tammie Wynette and the Judds unless I was out and about then it was Quiet Riot, ACDC and Guns n Roses or had an insomnia night then it was Chopin and Bach all the way.

Now I look back and miss performers like Bonnie Tyler, Men at Work, REO Speedwagon, Roxette, Dire Straits, Bangles, Queen and Culture Club whereas my kids prefer what they call Scream-o Rock and Rap which imho, is not music no matter how they glam it up

8 Likes

Great taste in music @MomOnTheRun! Except for REO Speedwagon. (Ick! Sissy Rock we used to call it). Thanks for sharing. We’re not far off considering I’m a dinosaur! :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Day 64 from seed; Day 41 from light flip

7 Likes

Got my supplies @MomOnTheRun !

5 Likes

Great! You’ll find they come in real handy for any and all tie down’s :wink:

4 Likes

Day 65 from seed; Day 42 from light flip

12 Likes

Day 66 from seed; Day 43 from light flip…~3-4 wks left to go and #1 is starting to fade into fall colors. I’ll get sunlight pics up tomorrow so it can be seen it better

and out of curiousity, I looked at their brix levels using megacrop per directions…

As you can see they are barely registering so while they look great and will smoke nice, they are not to their potential. Now compare their readings to a store bought peach

A brix of 13 isn’t great for a peach though on par with being plucked early for shipping :wink:

7 Likes