MOTR Does Micro

I totally, completely, absolutely and crazily need this new toy lol

4 Likes

Refractometers are fun to play with :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Wow, pure water has a brix of zero. Very interesting. Are you confident that reading is accurate?

2 Likes

Yup! I use distilled water to calibrate…

Then smash the leaf onto the lens…

Then take the reading. If the light is too bright, it comes out fuzzy like in #1 and 3…didn’t bother retaking as you can still see the demarcation is barely above 0 anyhow :wink:

2 Likes

Ok, thanks for the description.

Could you try the same thing but by pressing several drops of sap out of the leaf evenly covering the glass(roll up a leaf and squeeze liquid out with pliers of something)?

2 Likes

No problem. You could and there are several video’s showing just that though I have found it easier to just smash on the lens as all that is required is a drop or 2 for even coating on the lens

3 Likes

Got a bit too busy yesterday though as promised…natural sunlight pics

Day 68 from seed; Day 45 from light flip

11 Likes

Day 69 from seed; Day 46 from light flip

12 Likes

How big is that cab @MomOnTheRun? :cowboy_hat_face:

Its 26" tall x 24" wide x 18.5" deep

1 Like

Day 70 from seed; Day 47 from light flip

7 Likes

Day 72 from seed; Day 49 from light flip

7 Likes

Day 73 from seed; Day 50 from light flip

15 Likes

Great run MOTR.

Lookin like an old pro :wink:

5 Likes

Why, Thank you and thanks to Mr Sparkle for detailing his micro grows outlining just how to do it otherwise I don’t think I would have been as successful unless I happened to get lucky lol :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Day 74 from seed; Day 51 from light flip

11 Likes

@MomOnTheRun

Those plants seem to get happier each time I pop my head in. Congrats looks like it will be a nice harvest.

4 Likes

Thank you Bongedtobits! They certainly are getting there :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No pictures for today only because I broke the 3rd rule in cubscouting…be prepared at least the day before a meeting.

Welllllllll… I also like to take the opportunity of local events so yesterday was the Transportation fair so they can see how their community is changing and re-iterate safety at all times as well as, meet a scientist…today we went over fair tests exploring Newtons laws of motion complete with baking soda and vinegar rockets knowing they would suck but encouraged them to try different amounts at home with their pencil and water bottle rockets using the fair test method…

Parents from other dens gathered around as we were wrapping up the rockets and looked at me like I was crazy when I handed the kids a packet of 2c sugar (make rock candy homework) and a slingshot with an led hook rocket lol Gave their parents a 5 page outline…being new in 5th grade we have to fit 2 yrs into 6 months for 3 of the 6 - thats ok as we move pretty fast anyway with 3/4 of the kids in special education so everything is hands on to meet our goals…it is amazing what they recount later on learning through play

6 Likes

The girls are angry at me…

I forgot to water them last night and slept in this morning so they missed 2 waterings :flushed: I immediately put their pots into water to hydrate the roots and let them sit for 20 minutes then they received 2 top waterings by the time the lights went out… hopefully they will be happier in the morning :pray:

8 Likes