Mullumbimby Madness, Colorado Sativa's

Well I got one male and one female for sure the other 2 still ain’t showing and it seems like they are running late which makes me feel like they are female but I could be wrong and I got a late sprout to the party :slight_smile: but all are welcome lol

2 Likes

Lol well, 2males lol :slight_smile: and the others still haven’t shown sex so I assume that those are my females :slight_smile: I laid a wire rack/shelf thingy :slight_smile: it worked really well and the little one should start growing a lot faster now :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I’m a couple of hours North of Mullum, and go down that way quite a bit. I am nearly 60 and grew up in the Sydney area and we were getting hash in the 80’s, mostly what was called black putty, but once or twice got some beautiful soft squishy Lebanese blonde. From one of those I found 1 seed, which I grew; my first hash plant! So while I doubt there’s Lebanese in Mullum Madness, or OMS, it is not impossible. OMS looks to have at least some indica influence.

In my teens I used to head up to Lismore where family lived and so much of the stuff up there used to be called Mullumbimby Madness. It was all a bit different so I just assumed it was a generic marketing term.

5 Likes

Yeah that was definitely the case, I remember that too, and like you say it’s probably been hybridised many times over the years already… there has to be some old timers down Nimbin way that still have both OM and MM, though tbh I have seen some Sativa up in FNQ that was very similar, same SE Asian heritage I guess.

2 Likes

How are these getting along @drgreensleeves? I bet they are bigger now :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Well actually they like stopped growing tall but we are in a draught and I haven’t been babing them between me and nature we have been pretty hard on them and I have been talking to some of our buddies out in auzzi land and he’s got some old stock so look out next year for old mother sativa and mullumbimby madness but we will see, I feel like Colorado Sativa’s crossed it even if it was an accident it’s got leb or something in it and the true mullumbimby is all sativa and what’s in yard has a hybrid leaf but the stem rub is awesome on these so I still don’t know really but once that pack gets here I’ll docu on here no worries and I’ll keep my findings here as well on and I put them in probably the least productive spot in the garden and I just havent had time they kinda got put on the back burner so don’t gudge them yet really and next year I’ll do a side by side @FieldEffect

5 Likes

Really though I’m pretty sure it’s the combination of no rain and little direct sun is the culprit :slight_smile: so it’s really my fault but next year I’ll do better for them and I’m trying not to pass judgement yet either :slight_smile: but this winter (once it gets cold) I’ll be able to talk my grandpa into cutting some more trees down :slight_smile: lol it’s way easier to convince him then :slight_smile: lol PS I have to carry buckets and I have about 40-50 plants in the yard so it’s not just an excuse :slight_smile: I wish I had a water hose that reached lol

3 Likes

Mulumbimbi Madness was grown in Main Arm NSW not in Mulumbimbi and it was grown by a hippies that were from a set commune.

I know exactly were it was grown because close friends from School moved in with them and all they did was grow the MM and surf from 1978 until 84/85 when it all stopped because the cops came down heavy on all of them.

Most then left the area and that was the last time i saw the MM then a few years later a different line started to come from there at that was called Mango Heads.

A lot of people soon after started to call there unknown bushweed (bush grown sativas ) MM but they didn’t have it.

This is a pic of a hippie with his plants there in the mid 70s odds are those were MM.

15 Likes

See this still fits the story I was told that in 67-69 OMS was grown In mullumbimby and 69 was when they started calling it mm and that would have given time for your hippie to travel and if the cops started putting pressure in and around mullumbimby that would be a perfect reason to pack up and move to another area for a while idk it still makes sense to me @hempy I’m not trying to argue or nothing like that I’m just saying both stories are possible at the same time :slight_smile: thank you

6 Likes

The Old Mother Sativa i think was a Colombian i did ask one of my school friends that had come down for Christmas what the MM was and i was told a Thai Colombian and the OMS is one of the parent sides.

The MM smokes like a good Haze.

Most moved away after the cops came down on them in the mid 80s some moved just south of Byron my friends moved back home.

Mulumbimbi got hammered year after year they would run choppers from Sydney to the QLD border with ground teams all along the cost looking for crops they were still doing it up until covid hit.

9 Likes

I think it’s/it looks like and I heard it’s a Cambodian strain from way back when but it’s really just a guessing game with that one :slight_smile: it’s a wild looking one looks like dread locks to me :slight_smile:

8 Likes

This is very interesting to me. I managed to get one of Kangativas representation of MM above soil recently. I was warned the seed where old stock so I’m happy to get one to take hold. I’m watching along now and interested to see the similarities and differences between the two interpretations. Best of luck with your season!
:grin::v:

6 Likes

Over the years i could have got more detailed info on the work they did on the MM but you dont see each other for years then when you catch up the last thing on your mind to talk about is cannabis as so much has gone on with life.

From what Kanga has said he got the MM in the mid 80s and from growing his out (only did a small indoor run) what i saw looks the part. I saw Colombian types and a Thai type being expressed the smells are old school great smoke.

8 Likes

Here’s what mine are looking like but so you know between me mother nature and the bugs the have been tortured! :slight_smile: Lol oops lol but know they are pretty damn tuff that’s for sure I got 2females and 2 males the males are alot bigger and the stem rubs are load dank on dankness :slight_smile: oh and they only get like 3-4 hours direct sun! That’s the major issue , hey , it happens sometimes lol my bad

7 Likes

yes, someone mentioned it already, but he said Colorados MM comes from another guy called yantra seeds in AU. And somebody told very firm that yantras MM is outcrossed. I mean outcrossed more recently …

it sounded pretty firm when i heard it, also the guy wasnt bad to spea about yantra, he simply told this info, and thats it. i believed that statement…

also this means, colorado sativas isnt to blame, as the Hybridisation was not mentioned by yantra

5 Likes

Hi @hempy, were you the same one on Opengrow in the past? I was MrGoodfellow over there. If so I always appreciated your work and info. peace :v:

1 Like

Was wondering that also, Gman!

:slight_smile: Is that what the G stands for? So G man is Good man? I was wondering :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Gman i first logged online as hempy back in 99/2000 at Cannabis world and at Overgrow then when they went down i joined a few others but cant remember if it was Opengrow to be honest.

3 Likes

The Hempy over there created a really wonderful paper on canna cultivation with all of the details of the science. I forget the name but I have the Paper bookmarked/downloaded.

3 Likes