Multi Tent - 8 x 10 Metal Shed Growroom

I am close to being done working on my shed grow room. Some people have green houses. I have the PINK HOUSE!! Or the Ice Box as my friend who helped install the insulation calls it. Basically built a Styrofoam cooler inside the cheap 8 x 10 metal shed. It will contain a 2 x 4 AC Infinity Tent with a Spider Farmer SE3000 and a 5 x 5 x 6 barn roof tent by Vivosun. I was going to put the Vivosun together today but it was a like new in original packaging from amazon warehouse and it was missing all the corner pieces. That’s what I get for trying to save $30 bucks. I will throw some pics up here of the work in progress from my phone (on the computer now) and more tomorrow when it gets light.

I plan to have some BOG Sour Blutooth in the 2x4 and have various autos outside right now waiting for the 5x5. We shall see if it all works or not very soon.

5 Likes

How it started

Cleared out

Mostly pinked up.

Enter the 2 x 4

High end overhead lighting fixtures

Inside the 2 x 4 for first fire up of the se3000.

15 Likes

Right on. Nice start :ok_hand::clap:

2 Likes

Like the way you zoomed us in!!!

3 Likes

I like it! :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

This is going to be awesome man!! I’ll get a cup of coffee so I don’t get tired of your work… I’ll follow along, I’m also building…

2 Likes

Good looking shed bud!

2 Likes

Solid start! looking good so far :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, nice work!

2 Likes

Excellent! Love it.

2 Likes

Just got 2 cameras online on my system for inside the tents. I need that replacement 5x5 thats coming tomorrow. This poor little girl wants so much more sun than my shaded backyard gives her. Only 3 or 4 hours direct light a day and she reaches for all she can get. White LSD Auto.

Have one final power cord in and replacing the other with the permanent one. Going from 25 to 50 feet to give more slack in routing it to the PH (Pinkhouse). I have two cords on two different circuits. Each cord is outdoor, 12 gauge rated for 15 amps, 1875 watts at 125.

I figured the energy draw for the whole shed and it is around 17 amps. So splitting that up easily goes on two room/circuits that each currently use only a couple amps max if everything in them is on. Should be under 12 on each cord/circuit to keep it at 80% capacity.

Also put a wifi extender under the house nearer the shed than the router that sits in my office. I have smart plug and wifi inkbird temp and humidity controllers that were JUUST on the edge of the network but are rock solid now.

Ill get a purchase/price list to see how much this costs me at the end when I see what I’ll return and what the damage is. I shudder at the cost Im willfully ignoring to upgrade this cheap ass, $400 old metal shed into a grow room.

Mightve been cheaper to start from scratch but trying to move in 6 months so didnt want major construction or I would and actually have power run out and upgrade my power capcity. Goal is to make the nicest temp setup possible with minimal amount of holes punched in the shed . . .

2 Likes

Dude you are going to recover your costs in no time With that set up. Once you pull your 1st plants, and don’t have to buy again you’ll start realizing the savings and before long it’s money in pocket instead of in your guy’s pocket

2 Likes

Replacement, new, 5x5 tent is here to swap out for the amazon warehouse like new one that was missing corner pieces. Power cable is drying from spray paint that matches my siding just to make it look a little les odd to have a bright yellow extension cable hanging out a window. I love it when a plan comes together.

3 Likes

Interesting getting the flower tent together inside. But, its moving in day!!!

Now for cleaning and tidying everything up.

5 Likes

Looking really good in there so far

1 Like

Got the camera set up. 2 way mike so I can tell my babys good night and read them good night moon.

2 Likes

Looking awesome dude…ill definitely follow along. Cant wait to see those blutooth in action.

1 Like

Veg tent cam is live.

5 Likes

Shhhhh, they’re sleeping.

6 Likes

Trying to start sealing stuff up and tweak. Got spray foam in the hole I made for power. Added a bit more sprayed from both sides later.

Ac was previously just taped on the inside to taped some more on outsidr sidr and added some caulk.

The sliding doors are all janky and after trying to reposition I give up. So fill the gap.

Currently max cooling achieved during lights out is 22.5 degree drop.

4 Likes