Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

Yeah when the cactus is in the tent it’s always way over in a corner so it’s not getting the most direct light, the plants used to filter a lot of its light too but now it’s often taller then they get in the veg tent. It’s time to chop it and root the sections in new pots

3 Likes

It’s been on my bucket list since I was like 15. I just turned 39 and never had the opportunity, so I figured I have to do it myself if its going to happen. Just like aya.

2 Likes

I have coir and vermiculite but I feel like it would just colonize if I add it on top.

1 Like

I do 2:1 coir to verm

If you case before colonization, it will colonize, and you will see some mycellium growing on it, but it has no nutrients in it.

Think of it as it is creating a loose, fluffy layer thats trapping the really humid air thats evaporating off creating the micro-environment needed to produce a better pin set and get bigger, more uniform flushes.

I’ve fruited many tubs with and without casing.

2 Likes

You could create a topic to follow this adventure …
I already had an experience with São Pedro, but I don’t think they knew how to prepare …
I still don’t produce mushrooms, but I will review this soon …
Now that I found this topic …

Hug

2 Likes

I started one a few days ago

https://overgrow.com/t/sacred-cacti-anyone/46674?u=sct2020

I’d love to hear and learn about your experiences.

5 Likes

I can’t access it, says it’s a private page …

1 Like

Ooooh, your trust level is still too low. Yeah, I forgot I started that in the private lounge

2 Likes

Try it again, I moved it to indoor growing

3 Likes

It has been working without casing/and or my parchment paper casing layer but was hoping to get better fruits. How long after you crack/birth/open your bin/tub/container to you add the casing layer?
And for the basic strains like Golden Teacher and B+ it seemed like I absolutely did not need one.
Thanks for the information! Think this is valuable for the rest of the community as well!

1 Like

@anon93244739 you my friend are officially the dark lord of mycology.

5 Likes

I fruited without casing for years, it works, but you get a better, more even pinsetwhen yourself casing. Basically wait until your substrate is fully colonized, then sprinkle your casing evenly over it. In about a week you will notice your pins pushing up through the casing material.

Lol, I’ll wear that mantle, though I like to think of myself as a psychonaut, exploring the depths of the mind.

4 Likes

Last question for now I promise!
What if I had open cakes on metal racks for maximum surface area, how would I pin in that scenario? Would I need some sort of container/plastic liner no matter what? Would the PE’s even pin out the bottom of the cake+rack?

1 Like

They will. Its going to be a royal pain to pick and keep them humid though. I’ve elevated blocks on inverted plastic cups and had them fruit on all sides at once…

It was APE. I cant find the pics. I had a phone die and lost like 4 months of assorted pics on it.

1 Like

Okay makes sense, but those blocks you had on cups for example, they had casing layer on the top? Obviously cant have casing on the sides and bottom

1 Like

Nope. Did that uncased. I was just playing around. Trust me, its more pain than its worth.

3 Likes

Youre saying the casing layer in general is more pain than its worth? Or trying to isolate the cakes is more pain than its worth?

1 Like

Trying to elevate and fruit all sides. Just stick to proven teks until you grow for a while, then start playing. RogerRabbit once fruited them on a bible.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15128925

5 Likes

And an ounce of weed, a bra, cased trays with money… That man can grow on anything

3 Likes

Seriously. Thats why he is legend

3 Likes