Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

Microdosing has become very popular. You don’t trip. It is supposed to be very useful for anxiety and stress.

2 Likes

Oh! I’ve grown shrooms on and off for a bunch of years. Only small cakes using brown rice flower and vermiculite (PF tek) but I’m gonna have to look up that uncle bens tek! Would love an easier way to get bigger yields!

heads to google

3 Likes

I’ve only done PF Tek. This was really eye opening! And it’s bulk spawn… I want a smaller amount though. I don’t need this many!

2 Likes

I know how you feel LOL

1 Like

Im having a hell of a time getting agar plates to cultivate by using a 50:50 of agar to cat food. I either get 0 growth or it contams. Im also using a SAB instead of a laminar flow, any tops or tricks to get successful cloning?

2 Likes

Try doing malt extract agar. Super simple recipe

20g agar agar powder
18g Light Malt Extract
850ml water
1g nutritional yeast

Mix agar powder with LME and yeast. Heat up 850ml water on stove until hot (not boiling), add powder and stir whilst bubbling for 15 minutes. Pour into glass bottle/jar and wrap lid with foil (add a hole to the lid with polyfil to allow pressure buildup to be released) and put into pressure cooker with water level with the agar level in bottle. pressure cook for 30-45m at 15psi. After, leave the PC off to decompress for about 20mins. Take out of PC and place into your SAB - leave to cool for a further 20-35mins (this is the hardest part - you want it to be cool enough to handle but not too cool that it starts solidifying).

Have your dishes lined up in their bags in your SAB also. Wipe everything down with 70% ISO.

Stack dishes 10 dishes high (or 5 high on a little platform to make it easier to pour) right side up (lid on top). To pour, pour from the bottom up so start with the bottom plate and lift all other plates with the lid. Pour and then place down the lid and move up the stack. After all have been poured, leave for 12-24 hours then you can use to inoculate or wrap for future use.

I have a ton of mushroom cultivation info in my thread. I currently do rye grain agar which is the same recipe, but without the yeast and LME. literally just powder and water from boiling the rye grain.

3 Likes

Hey @Lunash76. Daily micro dosing is life changing for patients with PTSD and severe depression. I have both and after periods of daily dosing about a gram, I could put down my prescribed antidepressants without a thought. I take Effexor. It’s a terrible drug. Micro dosing is life changing. It keeps me in the moment and solutions to problems come singularly and easy. Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

@oleskool830 Thank you for this response. I have been trying the micro-dosing but the guy I have been getting the caps from said to take one every 3 days. Also, the amount in his caps is a tiny pinch, not even filling one half of it. It didn’t seem to be doing anything. I could feel the first day after I took the cap but after that nothing. So you advocate a daily dose? This is truly why I have been looking into growing again. Not going to lie, I will probably be going on at least one trip this summer or fall, but that is not the real reason I am growing.

Again, the Uncle Ben’s Tek is really amazing. There are videos attached to the Reddit posts if you are a visual learner like myself. The only downside is its not really teaching much about mycology. I made a liquid culture with the remaining ML of my last spore syringe. I might give it a shot.

4 Likes

Im very tempted to do a video on my tek. I’m myself a visual learner too and found it to be a challenging hobby to get into, but now I understand it, is very simple. Freshcapmushrooms on youtube is good (although he focuses on more gourmet legal mushrooms, but the techniques are the same). Uncle bens tek is good if you lack a pressure cooker, but doing grain/WBS from what i’ve read is always the best.

For microdosing, I personally do 150mg powder every other day, with an extra day break after the 2nd dose (so for example, sun, tues, and thurs) but its all down to you personally and what works for you. but i think you always want to have a break in between doses otherwise you build a tolerance

3 Likes

I think this is why my guy said every three days. I remember in my younger days using the PF tek we partied with them on a long weekend. Two of us really tripped and the real party was two days later. Everyone was having a great time but the two of us got zero effects. Strange how the body adapts so quickly to psilocybin.

1 Like

Hey @Lunash76. I wish I knew more about growing them. I’m trying for the first time now. A compassionate brother sent me some medicine and a couple of jars to mix with damp coco etc. I consider them before my prescription meds. I read up on micro dosing and came up with a dose that works for me. I grind my shrooms into a course powder and take 1/4 teaspoon first thing. While my coffee is brewing. I think it is probably about 1 gram. I feel it just enough to get a positive start on my day. Improves my productivity immensely. Keeps me in the present with a sense of well being. Jah!

5 Likes

If they’re the 00 caps half is about the .25 you want. Have you taken a heavy trip before microdosing. That may help.

Like most have said it’s a trial to find what you need. The microdose should be almost unnoticeable. I take .25-.5 every few days. Monday’s are a good day to take a dose. Lol.

If you need any help let us know.

4 Likes

Thank you so much! I like the trip idea, almost like priming.

2 Likes

Glad they are working so well for you! That is fantastic!

2 Likes

I’m considering every other day. They will mess with my stomach a bit now and then. I have to be disciplined or I tend to cheat sometimes on the weekends.:flushed:

1 Like

9 Likes

As long as it’s fully colonized than it should be alright as the contaminant shouldn’t have anything to really feed off of.
Something like that from what I’ve been hearing.

3 Likes

@Kraven you truly are a master of shroom growing. Impressed

2 Likes

that is my panaeolus cambodginiensis.
i take spores from dry shroom.

mother substrate -

substrate - poo/coco + soil on the top. I put they in container one week ago, i think i need waiting one more week.

4 Likes

I am impressed ! I tried doing Pans once and failed totally . :disappointed:

3 Likes