Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

The same 2 tubs 5 days later

Top one colonised VERY quickly, and starting to pin. The bottom tub was a write off from the start because of the previous attempt. Strange fruits. Cant tell if its because of the heat as well as the bad genetics.

I have another series on the go to test out soon

Additional transfers for the top tub, and the jars so I can keep them going in the future

7 Likes

Bottom tub are mutant blobsā€¦ Still very good fruits I promise lol sometimes monotubs will throw weird fruits first flush but second flush will clear up

4 Likes

yeah im not too bothered about that tub. I still have plenty of fruit from my last runs. these are more for testing out the isolations iā€™ve been keeping. The I series is definitely getting binned! III and V are the new top contenders

5 Likes

Iā€™m a little late to this party but I got sooo hyped when I saw this thread. Looking to get a grow goin soonšŸ˜Ž

6 Likes

Yea, been trying to keep it alive since Leaven has been away, Iā€™ve always said Iā€™m better at fungus than growing weed lol

Itā€™s a nice thread to have around for a little mixture of fun with the rest of the things that are going on

8 Likes

go for it! Iā€™ve been posting my shroom grow in my workshop since I started. thereā€™s a bunch of info that might help you get started

8 Likes

Agreed. :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Very cool 7ā€¦
A continued thx for sharing.
:+1:

5 Likes

Oysters Mushrooms is what I heard everyone uses to cut their teeth on.
Because, itā€™s such an aggressive fungus.
But, I think Cubeā€™s were next on the list.

5 Likes

Itā€™s on now boys

8 Likes

Cambodian gold

Do I keep the millet in the dark now til mycelium colonizes?

3 Likes

yeah put it in a nice dark and warm place. an airing cupboard is great. With a syringe you should see growth after a couple weeks. make sure to shake the bag good when you inoculate, and donā€™t use the entire syringe! youā€™ll definitely want to save a bit for another attempt :wink:

6 Likes

You can but there is no difference in dark or light colonizationā€¦ Key is to keep them cool thoughā€¦ Roundabout way of saying your choice, makes no real difference, like soak and paper towel vs direct sowing with beansā€¦

And donā€™t shake when you innoculate, reason being spores themselves are singular beings that need to reach out and grab a similar spore to be able to continue to grow, shaking after innoculation mixes them around from each other and makes it harder to find a compatible spore (again, you can do it, but it will take longer to search for compatible spores)

Spore your bag near the edges of the oats, wait til 25%ish of the visible grain is colonizedā€¦ Then breakup the colonized bits and mix them through the rest of the bag as evenly as it could be, after that you are on a 2 week homestretch to full colonizationā€¦ Then tray it and case it or monotub it and case itā€¦

But definitely on your way today! Iā€™m not trying to sound like Iā€™m barking orders lol

Iā€™m just waiting on fruiting pics lol

10 Likes

Iā€™ve never used spawn bags before so this is probably better advice

5 Likes

:eyes: OOPS

I have 2 other varieties as well. Wont be doin that again smh.

5 Likes

This is my 1st attempt so all the helpful pointers are appreciated! I am also waitin for the fruiting pics :sunglasses::mushroom:

6 Likes

Good luck! I only say that because I made the same mistake and dumped 2 whole syringes into jars only for them to all be contaminated. Its not really the end of the world, syringes are pretty cheap, but this was right at the start of lockdown and everywhere shut down :sweat:

4 Likes

hereā€™s some from my tub this morning :wink:

16 Likes

Oooooooooo!!!

Now thatā€™s what Iā€™m talking about!!!

5 Likes

Are mushroom varieties called strains as well? I got golden teacher and a rusty whyte f9 with the cambodian

5 Likes