Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

are mushrooms like cannabis where the potency depends a lot on how it was grown? or is yield the only variable and a specific strain will always have same potency?

couple raided by police for foraging for morels and posting picture on facebook

3 Likes

There is some variance but mainly a cube is a cubeā€¦there are exceptions like PE. Pans tend to be a bit more potent and there are a cube or two in the PNW thats as potent as PE. With that being said unless its a cloned mono then there is going to be differences, slightly from flush to flush or even from different parts of the same flush.

"Dosage of mushrooms containing psilocybin depends on the potency of the mushroom (the total psilocybin and psilocin content of the mushrooms), which varies significantly both between species and within the same species, but is typically around 0.5ā€“2.0% of the dried weight of the mushroom. A typical dose of the common species Psilocybe cubensis is about 1.0 to 2.5 g, while about 2.5 to 5.0 g dried mushroom material is considered a strong dose. - Wikipedia

5 Likes

Great for PTSD, indeed.

6 Likes

My typical dose is 7 grams or more lol.

3 Likes

I take between a quarter and a half ounce about every 5-6 weeks and a daily dose of 0.25g for my PTSD and I have came off all my PTSD medsā€¦feels great as a USMC Combat vet to finally get a bit of a break from over 25 years of severe PTSDā€¦sure wish I would have found this twenty years agoā€¦I just thought it was for funā€¦plus they grow like mad around hereā€¦luckily Iā€™m in a good spot here so I can walk out my door and get them any morning before the dew driesā€¦just nice to bring them inside and clean them up and work the culture to a mono and then find ā€œthatā€ one to cloneā€¦that has become a great hobby of mine in the past 10 years or so. Epic meds, we need tons more research imho.

16 Likes

Thatā€™s honestly great my dude. Made my day to hear that.

4 Likes

thats awesome man. i think thereā€™s several universities studying them, i know cluster migraines is one use they are looking in to. have you ever tried micro dosing with LSD and if so do it have similar affects?

2 Likes

I feel you, bro, though Iā€™m not a war vet. Thatā€™s unusual and lucky that youā€™ve found that path after retiring from army, I call it a success.

As McKenna said once, if you live through this life without ever taking psychedelics, itā€™s like dying a virgin - you havenā€™t figured out what it is all about! :smile:

I wonder though what the withdrawal symptoms would be, if you taking them daily. And you havenā€™t yet developed a tolerance for psilo? I mean, like,when you take your half ounce, is it the full-blown trip?

There have been reports of cubensis strain being more potent when grown panaeolus-like with adding manure to the substrate.

1 Like

7g is a heroic/transcendent dose. 3.5g is a ā€œfullā€ dose. 1.0-2.2g is a lighter dose.

2 Likes

yeah whenever i used to do mushrooms iā€™d take a quarterā€¦ double if they were chocolates, cause those always seemed to be under dosed. iā€™d start getting gutrot and be antisocial for an hr while coming up then iā€™d be able to come out of my room and have a good time. dont think iā€™ve done em since i was 16 would be nice to grow some for myself

2 Likes

A quarter of my mushrooms would make you repent for your arrogance. Half would eat you alive. You can feel mine pretty strong at 0.6g.

3 Likes
2 Likes

What kind of mushrooms you got? I once ate a quarter of Mexicana and thought i was gonna die lol. Those little suckers are potent!

2 Likes

Theyā€™re all Cubensis, but I have had all of my friends who have tried them, including Boomers and early Gen Xers, tell me they are definitely above average potency. I am currently running Amazonian, Hawaiian, and GT. I spawn with rye and bulk with manure-based compost.

4 Likes

12 Likes

You should definetely try 3-5 grams now. Experience will change you somewhat.

That does the trick I guess!

2 Likes

lol speaking of arrogance :slight_smile: send me spores then :wink:

2 Likes

BV I find it interesting that you feel the need to assume that the mono cultures I worked down to on agar from MS plates to find the 3 specific clones [ two cubes and a pan] that I run are any weaker / stronger than yoursā€¦maybe after a bit over 20 years now of mycology work with many different entheogens I have a little more experience in the head space and might have a different take on the experienceā€¦sure would love for you to send me a quarter too so I can try your mind expanding medicationā€¦you sir now have gotten me curiousā€¦also on another note, even though cubes donā€™t need a casing, I do case my PE and Red Boys since they are a bit slower to fruit and it keeps the sub more evenly humidā€¦I trip with the cubes and daily dose with PEā€¦took me a very long time to get to where I am now :peace:

8 Likes

what some people donā€™t get @Kraven is that it isnā€™t a competitionā€¦ they few 10+ year cube growers here know what we do works and we do it ( amazing fruits up there btw)

theres a saying it ā€œit only works until it doesntā€ā€¦ these online grow kit junkies will never know what works and what doesntā€¦ theyll continue to call them boomers and gold caps and stupid wanna be hippy names but a cube is a cube is a cubeā€¦

but thatā€™s why I dont post hereā€¦ typically I come oN and read and someone says something COMPLETELY contradictory to the hobby and t
I type a book out then think better of it and cancel the postā€¦

but keeping on topicā€¦ B+ on wbs spawned to coco 2:3 in a 6qt shoebox

10 Likes

Save me some prints lol

4 Likes