Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

These are the really good meds right here…

Panaeolus cyanescens Cambodian "Goliath"

8 Likes

I had some old atl7 prints laying around…

say what you want about cubes but cyans are beautiful

3 Likes

Panaeolus cyanescens “Goliath” - Little mushrooms with 4x the potency of cubensis. Much better medication… a little harder to grow.

Psilocybe cubensis “Penis Envy” - Good medicine, about 3x as potent as a normal cube, a bit tougher to grow also.

10 Likes

Greetings my earth brother. What is EToH? :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Wow @Kraven. Fascinating! I know what my next “passion” is going to be. So much to learn. I’m a fast learner so…

2 Likes

Etoh = Ethanol… Plus a bunch of other characters. Lol

One of these days imma start growing lions mane. Of of these days…

3 Likes

They are easy, get a bag of hardwood pellets from from HD or lowes, a bag of wheat bran. Turn the pellets into saw dust by wetting them and then add the wheat bran in a 80/20 saw/bran mix. add some lime and a spot of gypsum. toss that in a 5 gal bucket…fill it up and put a lid on it, then drill about 4-5 1/2" holes in the side and set it under the shade of an oak tree and walk away…you will have lions mane and plenty of it by the end of the summer.

5 Likes

Here is what my outdoor trays look like when growing summer meds. I use live sphagnum moss and set each tray of pans outside in the summer heat…they love their natural setting and will slowly flush in little clusters for a few weeks before needing a re - dunk. :peace:

7 Likes

Whats the best way to identify liberty caps???i have many small mushrooms popping…bit im scared…i have cows and i do pick the mushrooms from the patties that have the ring below the cap…but i think i mite have liberties in yard but…im not sure and death aint on my list today

2 Likes

Psilocybe semilanceata, commonly known in the UK as the Magic Mushroom, and in the USA as Liberty Cap, appears in grassland in autumn. It is most commonly found on pasture and parkland that has not been enriched with artificial fertiliser. Fairly frequent in Britain and Ireland, where it is rather localised, Psilocybe semilanceata occurs throughout Europe and is found also in North America.

Etymology

Psilocybe, the genus name, means ‘smooth head’ - a reference to the silkily mooth, scaleless surface of caps of these grassland mushrooms. The specific epitet semilanceata comes from semi- meaning 'half’and -lanceata which means ‘spear-shaped’. Some of these little mushrooms do indeed look like spears, although many have wiggly stems uncharacteristic of spear shafts. The common name Magic Mushroom is, of course, a reference to the hallucinogenic nature of this grassland species

Identification guide

Cap of Psilocybe semilanceata,

Ranging from 0.5 to 2cm in diameter, the cream-coloured caps have striations that become more pronounced with age and in dry weather. The caps usually have a distinct pimple on the top.

Gills

The olive-grey free gills turn purple-black as the spores mature.

Stem

2 to 3mm in diameter and 4 to 10cm tall, the slender cream stem of Psilocybe semilanceata is fibrous, usually wavy and sometimes coloured blue towards the base.

Spores

Ellipsoidal, smooth, 11.5-14.5 x 7-9μm.

Spore print

Very dark purple-brown.

Odor/taste

Musty odor. Do not taste Psilocybe semilanceata because it is hallucinogenic. This saprobic grassland mushroom is most often found on upland pastures, notably on hill slopes. Although sometimes seen on lawns and in lowland meadows it does not grow on dung.

Season

Cold weather - 50F and below

Panaeolus semiovatus, the Dung Roundhead, is usually larger and does not have a pointed cap.

Panaeolina foenisecii, the Brown Mottlegill or Mower’s Mushroom, is very similar in color but is usually larger and does not have a pointed cap.

3 Likes

If your picking wild ones then make sure you POSITIVELY Identify each one before ingestion, that means take spore prints and everything…then send me the spore prints :wink:

3 Likes

Cubes and Pans …

6 Likes

Holy shit! Is @Uncle_Al back? How are you brother? Sure did miss you around here. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Now that’s oleskool! :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Panaeolus (Copelandia) cambodginiensis - Thailand, Suphanburi Goliath

Psilocybe cubensis - var. Florida [wild]

1/2g of Cambo’s and 3g of cubes dropped at 9:30am. Weekly meds and a sleepy Sunday morning rain… Time to clear the head-space and set the week.

10 Likes

Thats awesome! Theres a few species in my area, I am a newbie in identifying them, I took a spore print of one once and it was purple so that should confirm it was a “magic” mushroom ? We only have a couple here and P cubensis isn’t one of them, Really would like to dry microdosing to see if it helps treat my anxiety

2 Likes

Those pans look like they are quite potent. Have a good head clearing!

2 Likes

Thats only one of a few “tells”

please use a tool like this,

http://www.mushroomexpert.com/index.html

Mushies are very powerful medicine, some good some not so good…please don’t ever ingest any mushroom your not 100% sure.

admin if this link is not acceptable please feel free to remove, thank you

3 Likes

OMFG - I went way farther than intended today…be afraid…very afraid of the elephant shit mushrooms…them cambo’s don’t play at all… Tired and well traveled… :peace:

7 Likes

Oh forsure If im doing any it will be a kit i buy online, In canada and they seem readily available after a google search… lmao

2 Likes