Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc šŸ„ (Part 1)

honestly @Kraven this is my favorite thread to visitā€¦

someone who enjoys the little things as I doā€¦ and love to help their own mental health with something weā€™ve known for years worksā€¦

Iā€™ve got an atl7 print around I wanna send to youā€¦ I was never good a sclerotia producersā€¦ probably why i canā€™t get morel patches to work outdoors lol

6 Likes

Nice pics. This is one of my favorite threads too. Makes me wanna get back into mushrooms.

Iā€™ve had mediocre success with outdoor morel patches.

3 Likes

Thank you both, iā€™m lucky to be located where I am atā€¦only missing the cold weather fruiterā€™s like wavy caps or morel and some of the winter fruiterā€™s of the PNW. Stand still too long here you will grow roots its so lush and fertile. I would love the print when you get around to it, I have not had a ATL7 around in a minute, it would be awesome to get some spores back in my research materials. Thank you both for dropping by :peace:

4 Likes

I have a few cultures in storage. I should clean up the lab and fire things up lol.

5 Likes

yup, bags of slants for the winā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

Doing agar work on both of these clones today I have been isolating them for about three to five weeks nowā€¦they both went to grain to make masters today.

Panaeolus (Copelandia) cambodginiensis - Thailand, Suphanburi Goliath

Psilocybe cubensis - var. N. Florida Wild

8 Likes

is your isolate on the Florida print from an already cleaned up culture or is that the first drop on the plate cuz it looks vicious!! especially at 3 and 9oclock

2 Likes

This was third transfer and first clean mono - ish looking culture, me thinking the diff between the rhizo and tomentose growth seems to be agar nutrition, up close you can see it s a perfect circle with no visible sectioningā€¦I took two small cultures off the 3 and 7 oā€™clock today and put the rest to grainā€¦should have 2 nice monoā€™s one of the tomentose and one of the rhizomorphic growthā€¦I have had some fine tomentose cultures before so I never rule them out. :peace:

4 Likes

Hi all interesting thread, Iā€™ll read it carefully to learn much more about mushrooms.

Iā€™m always looking after doing my onw co2 bags and why not eat some fresh and homegrown mushrooms,

Unfortunately Iā€™ve never had the chance until now, Iā€™m kindly asking for some information about that process
How i can do the substrate?, (I do have a small pressure cooker, not able to see the pressure)
Also, I want to do it in bags hang them out of my grown tent

And what is the most effective mushroom type to do this( lots of co2 producers)

Sorry to make this newer questions but Iā€™m so lost with this matter
You donā€™t have to give a very long answer, an instructional video will help me a lot

Thanks to all in advance :green_heart:

2 Likes

If it was me I would grow shiitake in bags on an improved sawdust, they produce plenty of CO2 and take 4-6 months to fully consolidate the block, they wont fruit well above 80 but they will hang out for a long time and produce CO2. Look into how to grow shiitake mushroomsā€¦if you are having a hard time, please lemme know and lets see if I can answer specific questions as your journey begins and progresses.

4 Likes

Thanks for your answer mate really appreciate, for what Iā€™ve seen its basically hardwood pellets,oats brand and water.
Honestly, I donā€™t want to run a crazy amount of bags at once, two/ three will do the job really well IMO.

My concern is at the moment of the inoculation, how shall I do it? What shall I do it is a ā€glove box necessary? Or if I get a syringe I can just do it by cleaning the needle? As you can see Iā€™m to new in this game

Now Iā€™m figuring out where to get the spores of those shiitake mushrooms here in uk

Thanks a lot once again

2 Likes

Usually when someone asks about growing mushrooms I find its much easier to guide them to a good place where there are tons of pros, much better than Iā€™ll ever beā€¦and thatā€™s the focus of the whole siteā€¦join a site called mycotopia dot netā€¦look for me there and friend me, then Iā€™ll know your there and its far easier to guide you to the right people / place to learn from the best.You will find me there, I like to lurk around and I post over there someā€¦good folks and its a good site imho. I have found decades of good knowledge thereā€¦and recently last year I came out of the shadows and started an accountā€¦I donā€™t make new friends easily. If you have any problems finding the site Iā€™ll pm you a proper link as i donā€™t feel it proper to do advertising here, but do want to put you on good information.

:peace:

7 Likes

weekly herbal remedy ā€¦

5 Likes

Never knew this existed. Thanks for the heads up. Interesting stuff.

1 Like

Trying to finish up the pan spawnā€¦thinking this is about it for the elephant shit mushroomsā€¦I have it saved for a slant and deep cold so Iā€™ll have this strain forever now.

8 Likes

Hi is me one more time, ive just realised that Iā€™ve got an huge open source to coffee grounds as Iā€™m working in a coffee shop, what do you recommend? Do you think Can work to stealize the coffee grounds put them in a growing mushroom bar and them drop some spawn inside?

Thanks a lot

2 Likes
6 Likes

I get a lot of requests for a tek for oat spawn preparation. Honestly, it isnā€™t much different from ryeā€“itā€™s just a little simpler and more foolproof in my opinion. Oats are easily obtained through feed stores, which exist in practically every North American town, for use as horse feed. Itā€™s available in many places where rye berries are not, and youā€™ll never have to answer a question about why you want it.

This is a no-soak method.

So what you want is the whole oats, which are not to be confused with cracked oats or rolled oats.

Each full cup of dry oats will make two and a half hydrated cups of oat spawn.

Pour your oats int a 5 gal bucket in a paint strainer bag and wash till they run clear.

Add your gypsum, then cover with 4 inches of boiling waterā€¦agitate the bag when you first put the water in there to stir the gypsum and water and get all the oats properly coated.

Cover tightly and steep one hour. Strain the grains out in a sieve or a lined colander for thirty minutes, reserving the liquid for agar cultures if you want, and then jar them up like any other spawn.

After that, cover them up with foil / or bag them and PC for 120 - 180 minutes at 15 psi. .Iā€™ve heard complaints about endospores in oats, but I donā€™t often encounter problems with them with that nice, long sterilization time. When they come out theyā€™ll be somewhat darker and smell like very grassy granola. Peace

6 Likes

My favorite way to consume boomers is to grind them up and make a 2 egg, bacon, cheese, onion [mushrooms] omeletteā€¦tastes great and in an hour Iā€™ll be on my way todayā€¦

7 Likes

Fascinating thread man. Never had the pleasure of eating any type of magic shrooms, but Iā€™ve always wanted to try growing them. I mean they have been around longer then we have. But alas Iā€™m too fucking dirty for to attempt to grow (for now) so Iā€™ll have to grow vicariously through you and this thread lol. Hope to see and learn much more.

:v:

2 Likes