Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

through out this thread are multiple different ways of cultivation from start to finish…

the way I do things starts here and continues in a few posts from making a syringe and PF tek to bulk grain spawn and how to fruit it.

5 Likes

Trolls is an understatement!! i’ve never seen so many people collectively have so much trouble accepting new teks and theories in my life!! They act like they know everything, and no modifications are ever needed with their tek…but when you start searching, you see their tek is only a year old, and a slight mod of a mod of a mod of a tek from 6 years ago :joy:

5 Likes

yessir…search for synocybin and see if you can find my wild worked Florida print… cleaned it up and grew it out and they came up mostly capless…

love the varieties of forms they can take and how they can grow virtually anywhere

3 Likes

oh really?? been wanting to do that myself for a bit. i have a stack of wild florida p. cube prints stashed away to get a good clean isolate one day :wink:

3 Likes

it’s fun and fulfilling work… these days I just through up MS innoculations and fruit them out… my space is limited now and can’t always be flowhood/glove box sterile lol

3 Likes

Thank you for the starting point bruddah.

2 Likes

So I asked my phone if they were illegal or legal in North America, and it gave me some bs, run around. It said they are in a category called “smart mushies” and the go from legal to highly illegal. Does anybody know my question? And does anyone no how to come across these, thanks will be appreciated.
Cheers

11 Likes

lions mane is a LEGAL edible… don’t know where that craap info is coming from lol

7 Likes

I grow them over winter here, they like the cooler temps. I get 20 a lb for them retail, they taste excellent…and are in high demand by the chefs I deal with.

7 Likes

beautiful lions mane - great nootropic i take it daily

5 Likes

PE’s are blobbing…first flush.

6 Likes

Burma’s are finishing up…

10 Likes

Lil bit of agar work to get some isolation’s, need to get this Burma to slant, it has been a good meaty producer. Getting pretty close on the PE now, thats really gonna make the flushes more consistent…its headed to slant. Its time for gourmet mushrooms again, got shiitake started and will be knocking up some Lions Mane soon.

7 Likes

i wonder if chaga could be indo off a chubk of birch :thinking::thinking::thinking:…random thots

2 Likes

Prolly, thats where I got my Chanterelle, just found a wild cluster I liked and then cleaned it up.

3 Likes

arhhhh effin trich showed a small patch on the PE sub today. Just about through the blobfest and was hoping to get a good second flush pin set with massive fruits.

I scrubbed gloved up and went as sterile as possible, flamed a scalpel and excised the offending organism with a one inch margin all the way around and below and then treated the wound with 3% H2O2. I’m sure hoping I was able to save the sub well enough to get a dunk and a second flush.?

Remnants of the excision

Treated wound in the substrate

7 Likes

I made some fancy liquid culture lids, and proceeded to make 6 pint jars. They are coming along nicely. Used the rest of my bed to make some bed cakes. Ended up making 18 half pint jars and 8 pint jars. My bulk tub showed some pinning today very excited. Lastly I bought everything to make a Martha tent

8 Likes

The bulk tub has flushed!!!

9 Likes

well look at that! damn fine work

3 Likes

chaga indo!? never crossed my mind…interesting

2 Likes