Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

Have you ever made a tincture from the cubes? I used to grow them and pick them wild in Louisiana. I have a tendency to eat a couple of ounces at a time fresh for one hell of a trip but I would be swollen all over for a couple of days due to a kidney issue. I’ve since had a kidney transplant and am not able to take a chance on the fresh shrooms.

However, a tincture isolates the psylicibin without the toxic aspects of the mushrooms themselves. I have a tec for it and I’m sort of a cannabis tincture phenom and believe that I can put one together if I can just get a few mushrooms to dry. I’ve been thinking about a kit and now you’ve sort of lit the fire.

8 Likes

Rainbow Dragon? :joy:

4 Likes

Psychedelic Dragon, of course.

3 Likes

Pins and caps…making good clean healthy meds with no side effects period.

15 Likes

Getting all my spawn expanded now for spring. Peace

13 Likes

You ever done outdoor beds?
Read an article recently where the fresh log was cut to a manageable size, drilled full of holes, and stuffed with inoculated sawdust before being sealed and half-buried. Any thoughts on that method vs bulk woodchips?

4 Likes

OD logs are good, and pretty easy, just have to contend with weather and bugs…I’m spoiled so I run fully automated martha’s…sorta like I have the Bunker set up, just set them in the chamber to fruit and take them out when its done… @LED_Seedz help automate my cannabis grow so, I took what he taught me and applied it to gourmet / medicinal mushrooms. I should post up how I set-up my automated fruiting chambers, they are easy and cheap and takes the misting and fanning out, its all controlled by PID’s.[just have to order the green house from Walter Drake and the electronics from china, but with that and a humidifier / fan, the chambers are ran automatically.]

:peace:

10 Likes

Automated fruiting chambers, Lmao. That’s awesome.

2 Likes

So they sent me the wrong humity controller…it was for 220v so waiting to get the new one from them and another I order for the other tent. I’m just using it to store / fruit till i get the Gourmet Mush"room set up…that will be soon, got lots of mycelium looking for a new place to grow. Peace

17 Likes

First flush on coco/black cow and cased with coco…flushed ok at one end, not too much in the middle and a few smaller groups on the other end…first flush is always not as good as the second, but still plenty of good meds just for me. :peace:

20 Likes

What memories seeing those beautiful pictures of your mushroom crops, that laughs and hallucinated with friends, we had a pastry friend and we made chocolate truffles with laughter :joy::relieved:

5 Likes

I haven’t updated in awhile since I was just running boomers, now got the new fruiting chamber set up and automated, got Lions Mane in there now and will be adding Shiitake and King Oyster. This is just a humidity / temp controller that has an automatic fan set to run 4 times a day, no more misting and fanning, just put the container in to fruit and let it do its thing…just like the Bunker.

10 Likes

I need that(or very similar) real bad. Like really really bad. What is the automatic fan you have it connected with and what provides humidity? A humidifying fan?

Love your shows by the way @Kraven

3 Likes

The set-up is a Whilhl Digital Humidity Controller [comes in both 110/220v AC]. That is then wired to a cheap sonic humidifier, just like you use when your sick. The HC runs the humidifier when it get out of range [ I keep mine at 90% humidity, when it get there the controller shuts off the humidifier, when drops it turns it back. The fan is just a regular fan, it gets plugged into a timer and set to run every six hours for 2-3 mins. That way the Temp / Humidity / Free Air Exchange is all handled automatically, and the fan running acts as the the evaporation mechanism to force pinning. It all runs by itself, just add water every few days to the tank on the humidifier. :peace:

5 Likes

Dream comes true.

Love the design.

99%

2 Likes

I got the PE P2 plates of agar running and it looks ragged and slow but there are a few good plates with good sections to work with as I start working sector isolation’s and clean this up to a mono-culture…this doesn’t look like its gonna be too easy, the mycelium is super fluffy so hard to pic out sectors to pull from… here are a few Pic’s of the PE Mycelium after the second transfer, still have a ways to go…but the time and patience will pay off big time in the end. :mushroom: :peace:

10 Likes

Regular humidifier. I was thinking you found a fan/humidifier combo. That’d be cool. I imagine a little extra space for the humidifier and fan is necessary and placement is dependent on the intake/outtake setup. Makes sense.

Thanks!

2 Likes

They make them but they are expensive…thinking this whole set up was:

tent - 35
fan -10
humidifier -15
controller - 25

Whole tent set up and running was ~85.00 USD…mushies are not meant to be expensive, thats the beauty of the whole process. :mushroom: :peace:

6 Likes

Well getting ready to expand the shiitake again from the liquid culture I made up a few months ago…got the pitcher plant seeds along with the garden seeds, time to start the spring starts. Peace

9 Likes

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a pitcher plant flower.

2 Likes