Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

What size are those boxes? That’s a great flush, jeez, I would be set for a long time with 30-40grams dry hahah

3 Likes

These are 6qts, I use the “dub tub” method with just putting another box upside down as a dome when the mushies are about to hit the regular lid.

@ChronicMcBudz if by in trouble you mean starting yet another hobby, yea it’s addicting lol. Just like gardening, once you understand the fundamentals, the skills can be used to grow all sorts of different mushrooms. Medicinal/functional and gourmet mushrooms have gained a lot of popularity lately. With the fruiting block kits available, you can get some oyster or lions mane growing on your counter like a house plant. It’s amazing watching them grow, you can see them change almost every time you walk by and look at them.
From this
8c18875f600f335d4fbd285adb4bbb8020d2c973_2_375x500

To this in 4 days

16 Likes

Awesome, so 2 Uncle Ben’s worth of Spawn then, basically?

I sent 2 bags already of the Z, the rest are getting 100% treatment because I’m going on a week vacation on the 13th.

Knock on wood, but all the bags are viable so far out of 12. I went a little overboard and used a whole syringe on 12 but it seems to be okay. Been 14 days so far, and they are all like 75%+ colonized. One of the bags I sent early had been battling Trich and I could see through the viewing window it was like a mushy mycelium, so I opened it but it was only like a couple inches of Trich so I cut that off and sent the rest.

3 Likes

That likely not going to work out, keep eye on it.
Yes that’s basically two bags worth of rice. I used two pint jars of brown rice prepared broke boi style. These were mixed 1 part spawn to 2 parts coir

Just picked the first flush of the second box, looks pretty but got a little messy lol. 410g wet weight

13 Likes

I’ve got a question for yall. How long can you wait to spawn a bag? Like once it’s colonized, how long can it last that way before you have to case it?

4 Likes

Put it in the fridge and apparently it can sit for months just chilling once it’s colonized

6 Likes

I hope everyone is having a great morning!

[EDIT] - A day later:

17 Likes

First Koh samui broke veil

17 Likes

A day later… man these ones matured fast, I don’t think any of the others got past the caps flattening out, definitely didn’t get upturned and wavy lol.

16 Likes

And from the looks dropping spores.

3 Likes

One interesting thing
I don’t have an air conditioner, the nights are over 30 degrees Celsius… It gets even hotter in the room
Psilocybin appears to act on the thermoregulatory system. 0.5 - 0.7 g does not bother me to fall asleep. I’m tired in the evening. And the heat doesn’t bother me at all with that dose

2 Likes

Really? :thinking:

Does that kind of heat bother you otherwise?

I’m intrigued because I’m extremely heat intolerant. Well I guess I got some googling to do :laughing:

1 Like

1 hour and twenty mins ago I ate 1 gm of golden teachers and 6mgs of bubba kush I just started Jurassic World Dominion on prime see ya world

6 Likes

I’m kind of irritated that I don’t have any agar right now, so I’m gonna have to make do with making some spore prints in the morning I guess. :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

Try it. I tolerate the cold well, but I’m a mad man when it comes to heat
It works for me 100%

3 Likes

[Post Removed by Author]

14 Likes

Crushing it!

5 Likes

Mazatat box #1 second flush, kinda small…

If this wasn’t already a cloned culture I would of cloned this cluster

Also, special deliver on a Sunday!

14 Likes

Is there a reason for cloning clusters? I’ve seen that mentioned a few times

2 Likes

Nice! I’ve got a 23qt Presto (induction compatible) coming in a few days myself. Looking forward to it.

Those Mazatats look lovely, btw.

2 Likes