Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄 (Part 1)

hey all - went foraging for Turkey tail a few days agao and found this mammoth block of Oysters

Also, the tubs are doing their thing - happy days

15 Likes

I found these yesterday on my walk in the woods.
Are they turkey tail?

5 Likes

hey there @Bobgrows - I hope you are well! They dont look like it to me, when foraging for these I look for a whiter coloured underside, and usually a white ring as its last before the edge. Also the rings are very defined. Here is a bit just before I picked it

Sorry cannot find any pics from the underside for you

12 Likes

I really didn’t think they were. Had to ask.
Thank you for the Information.
I couldn’t find any pictures of these.
Spring we have all kinds of mushrooms growing out there. It’s a wet forest. With many fallen trees.

3 Likes

There is an app that I find useful when out in the woods called picturemushroom - really useful, just take a picture of everything and you will end up going home with food :raised_hands:

4 Likes

I really like this guys videos

7 Likes

Flush 5, both tubs are on their way :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom: :mushroom:

After this flush, I am adding this substrate to my outdoor 30-gallon pots of coco that I will amend for my outdoor this year.

10 Likes

8 Likes

That really looks interesting. I’m wanting to try growing b+ or golden teachers, but I just haven’t quite gotten to it yet (it’s on the list).

With my oysters, they grew inside a spawn bag and when it was completely colonized, you puncture the bag and let it rip.

I built a little fruiting chamber for it, and it worked beautifully…or it WOULD have, if I could get the humidity sorted.

I’m assuming that cubes are grown kinda similarly? What’s the main difference between growing them, or do you know?

5 Likes

I’ve only grown cubes. Maz, B+ but contaminated, John Allens. Creepers on deck and Penis Envy after that. If I can get to them before it gets to hot Florida white F+

5 Likes

I don’t think there is any difference between them.

3 Likes

@420noob, your envelope arrived over the weekend. All I can say is WOW! I’m thoroughly impressed with your generosity. I’ll be busy researching the strain names today and figuring out which one to start with. Then it’s over to Amazon to order some supplies to make spore syringes with.

Thanks again!

8 Likes

100% :rofl:

2 Likes

I have to get my little tubs to pop with quantity like this. Props man. What strain is that. :100:

3 Likes

hey hey @ColeLennon - those Allens sounded like you had fun!
They are Golden Teachers

4 Likes

I have, popped some serious monsters. I’m glad I still have another 5 CCs of the John Allen. Time to see what these Creepers can do.

4 Likes

Your recent run has been top notch :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Thank you :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal:

3 Likes

I’m glad to know a few people here and still learning, reading trying to get set up, good reading here. Keep it up, I’m learning more on these chats than reading lol trying to find a good place to get some spores, not looking for freebies but happy to receive some, but I gotta smarten up a little more

7 Likes

That’s how I figured it out. Forums and youtube :100:

6 Likes