Mushrooms - DIY, spores, etc 🍄

I wish you the best my man! Please let me know how it works out for you! Thanks.

6 Likes

Try freespore.com, They are out of spain . They are free. I never got any spores from them but I have gotten cannabis seeds from them. They are free but they do want you to pay for shipping cost and if you want you can leave them a little donation but it is not required.

6 Likes

Just noticed you already recommended freespore.com before I did. But I can say that I did get some Cannabis seeds from them so they are Legit despite @MadScientist bad experience of not receiving his seeds I did and I even had them steer me away from a strain I picked as they said germination rates were not good for that strain, If they were not legitimate he would not have bothered to steer me away from the low germination seeds to begin with… They would have just sent them anyways if they did not care. It’s too bad @MadScientist had a bad transaction but I assure you they are legitimate and are one of the only ones that are essentially giving away their spores and seeds for free!:vulcan:

6 Likes

I am gonna give it another go, just to show you guys i am not a “stuck up square” about it! Will pay by bitcoin to another address, other than mine. They will not know it’s me, but just a new customer, we’ll see. I’ll keep you posted guys!

14 Likes

Wow, @MadScientist that’s rather sporting of you, I would be prone to an angry grudge and permanent ban

8 Likes

I aim to better than yesterday… Only that bro!

14 Likes

If it was stored correctly, absolutely.

7 Likes

love it any chance of getting my hands on some spores

2 Likes

3-5 years if stored in a fridge sealed inside a Ziploc with a desiccant pack in the bag. Spore prints imho should be refreshed every 2-3 years to ensure the genetics are good. If your wanting to store indefinitely then look into making slants of the strains you want to keep and work with…if not a G2G transfer is usually the best way to just keep running…but if your into mycology and and thats your thing then get some MEA agar and go to town buddy, you learn from doing and your not gonna hurt anything experimenting with strains and prints.

7 Likes

Yep I went to the farmers market yesterday and bought three shiitake mushrooms, printed them and they are stored today. I’ll make spore syringe this weekend and noc up some berries and that’s how you get spores or buy them from a site. :peace:

9 Likes

Heres a few picks, got a lot I’m gonna be spawning to subs soon and then the show will kick off :peace:

26 Likes

so is it true mushrooms are grown in shit?? because they sure taste like shit!! will they smell like shit to grow??

2 Likes

They grow in manure in nature. In labs it’s grown on grain. They actually have a sweet almost honey aroma.

4 Likes

I went out mushroom prospecting with the “dead-heads” we pick mushrooms off of cow patties, tripped so hard we drove past Hartford and sold them fresh in the bag in Central Park NYC

12 Likes

Composted dung doesn’t smell bad. Smells like the soil you use to grow in.

7 Likes

probably a dumb ? but can i find these in every cow field or just some or key spots/ terrain to find them

2 Likes

Southern U.S. and further south. No not every cow field has them. Usually in field from grain fed cows. Or there are wood loving shrooms in the pnw I believe. And it’s extremely important to know what you are looking at before even trying a small piece of wild shroom.

8 Likes

Yeah, poisonous mushrooms tend to take a while to kick in, and when they do, your kidneys will likely shut down faster than you’ll make it to the hospital.

Even when you’re 100% sure what you’re holding, better make damn sure before you take a bite.

9 Likes

That reminds me of the old days when I was around 19 or so we would actually go out to a cow field that was on a correctional facility in NE Florida just before daylight and pic the shrooms by the moonlight… One time though we stayed out there until daylight running around picking shrooms all over the field and the inmates and guards started coming out to the field to work needless to say we took off running with our bags of shrooms… Ha the crazy old days of being a teen!
They were potent for sure I remember that the purple spores not only were on the underside of the shrooms but the area around the shrooms on the grass would also be purple tinted…But yeah they grew right out of the cow patties.

8 Likes

I’d pick them up in the early morning and eat them by the chunk with condensed milk out of the can… I remember they tasted lihe the poop they grew on! My balls dropped that day, trying to swallow the big chunks of shroom, i still get chills today when i remember that! I ended up under my bed, so that no one would find me… And then to puke my guts out real bad!

8 Likes