Mushrooms in with your plants

Found a mushroom growing in one of my pots
Hope it’s magic lol ,

14 Likes

I’d say it’s magic regardless of whether it is hallucinogenic or not! :smiley: Has to be a good omen of your living micro-biome.

6 Likes

It’s kinda fun ,maybe the cheap ass soil I use is not as shitty as I though lol
I do have peppers growing in the tent I’ll let
It grow a
Little bit see what happens

5 Likes

I have 4-5 mushroom compost brands available locally, more brands bulk not bagged too.

Whenever I make a tea with a different brand or topdress I usually find a different species of mushroom in at least one of my pots. I think it’s cool I’ve seen 3-4 different kinds in my plants over the years.

1 Like

This plant going to get pulled in a few days it’s ready for harvest,maybe I’ll just leave the pot and see what the mushroom turns into,pretty interesting I’ve never had a mushroom grow before

3 Likes

Happy Plants

2 Likes

When the cap opens take a spore print please, that will tell you an amazing amount. Your in the right part of Cali, and the season for them finished not too long ago, that could be a legit magic mushroom growing there. Check out ps allenii;
Or caerulescens

5 Likes

I think it came in the ace hardware soil I use lol,I’ve been using it for awhile this is the first mushroom

May check the rest of the pots

3 Likes

If it has an orangey spore print it’s a gallerina, IE deadly. I get Gallerina marginata and Leucocoprinus birnbaumii in the box store mulch here in MI,

3 Likes

I won’t be eating that shroom ,kinda strange it’s just growing now soil is 12 weeks old in that pot,I’ve been feeding the plant nutes,molasses coconut water

3 Likes

I would never recommend eating a wild mushroom except for the foolproof 5. I just like to ID them. The allenii season finished around you in april

3 Likes

Last time I did shrooms was burning man lol,I’m talking about the real burning man

Not the bullshit they have now,we used to have a huge Irish camp up there every year

6 Likes

morels one of those 5?

3 Likes

Morels, giant puffballs, chicken of the woods, ink caps and chanterelle.

6 Likes

thanks, dont know fungi, but always picked morels when i still lived in Mich.

1 Like

I love it when I see a mushroom pop up. :wink:

9 Likes

That’s some species of coprinus

3 Likes

I would include Hericium in that mix as well. Very easy to identify with few to no look-alikes. For all wood rotters especially chicken of the woods, avoid harvesting from conifers as they can cause stomach upsets. Something about how the mushroom interacts with the resin.

4 Likes

good info @BlackGoldNGreen I am out of likes so I will post my thanks.

1 Like

Dryad’s saddle aka pheasant backs are also really easy. The cucumber smell and pores instead of gills is what does it