Musicians and music producers on Overgrow 🎶

Like me swing bands too. No good pics yet!

Got a gig this Sunday, Maybe bring my camera…

2 Likes

Yes, this is entirely up my alley, thanks LED Seedz! :slight_smile:

I started playing piano at age 10, but once I heard the 8 bit (then later on 16 bit and beyond) video game sounds, I was HOOKED on electronic music and the likes. I then DJ’d electronic music for about a decade before I decided to dabble on music production. I picked up Ableton Live (at the time version 6) and it was all over from that moment!

Even though I’ve taken the last year off, I’m now an established electronic music producer with great support from people like The Crystal Method and Phil Hartnol from Orbital, and more.

7 Likes

Good to get to know you @DrGreenFang

99%

3 Likes

And you 99! :smiley:

My concentration for the last over year (and immediate future that I can see) has been my YouTube Bass Fishing channel. I’ve put 110% dedication into that lately :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I used to be a DJ here in the psychedelic trance scene,after a couple a years I started to use FL,cubase and ableton but the scene has change a lot in the last few years so I deciced to quit playing.Im still in contact with a lot o mexican psycheledic projects.

3 Likes

Once you get the bug, hard to cure it.

99%

2 Likes

you are right 99%, it is hard to cure it

Did you end up getting it then?

1 Like

when the microkorgs first came out…

I’ve been producing off and on since the mid 90’s… first on Rebirth, if anyone remembers that antique software lol then fruity loops… and now on FL Studio 20. The home production software and hardware has come a tremendous way from what it once was.
My soundcloud page if anyone’s interested. I try and do multiple genres, from future bass to tropical pop, to whatever mood I feel like in the moment lol.

3 Likes

Griz ftw!!!

Another video you may like
1 Like

Wtf is that thing? I’ve never saw that before?

@lotus710 did you ever get it then?

1 Like

I use Reaper which is great and cheap.

1 Like

This my friend, is the shit!

1 Like

I only ask as I’ve been watching a few vids on youtube of this dude doing covers on a little midi controller. He’s fkn awesome! I haven’t really grasped how to use fl studio as it has so much to it.
I just like messing around with the sounds on sylenth and sytrus. I could do it all day…( I have for the past 2 :sweat_smile:)
Anyways I asked how he does it(looping) and could he point me in the right direction.
He made a video showing it.
Top bloke :slight_smile:

I just got my new toy on Thursday…I was like a little kid at Christmas…oh it is Christmas well you know what I mean hahaha
I’ve been smoking White Dawg all day :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
It narf get’s the creative juices flowing.
Here’s the link for the bloke that does the covers.

Here’s me new toy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I play mostly guitar and some piano. I got a cool midi controller with drum pads and stuff and have been trying to learn fl studio but its pretty overwhelming! I’d love to get a book or something that would take me from beginner to knowing wtf I’m doing…

2 Likes

My MIDI controller… as you can see it’s gotten a fair bit of use lol

and my pad MIDI controller

2 Likes

I’m going to get some little stickers for my keys as I’ve wiped the letters off already :sweat_smile:
I thought Sharpies were permanent or is it because its on plastic?

1 Like