My 18 yr old miniature dachshund probably won't get through nite

I know that it’s not an issue discussed on here but I just can’t believe that I’m 38 and this little Dude has been by my side for half my life and please pray or send some good vibes to the doggy God’s, thank you OG community

this is my sidekick Ralph :pensive:

55 Likes

Sorry to hear that. :frowning: At 18, he’s already an old man in dog years, and especially for small dogs… dachshunds often have back problems, and if it’s not that it’s heart trouble. Hopefully he pulls through and lasts a little while longer.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear about your trouble bud. Ralph is an adorable little dude. Always tough at this point, animals are part of the family in my house so I understand your feelings. Best of luck.

6 Likes

So sorry to hear this breaks my heart!! Dogs never live long enough…

Send you out my very best in these hard time!! :heartbeat: :pray:

Brian

5 Likes

Thanks for the words and I have a hard time with that when pets have a shorrt life time but they are better than anything one in a lot of times Josh

5 Likes

Also was trying to figure out how to get in on the card game headstash is holding and it said that you helped him with rules trying to keep myself busy thanks buddy

4 Likes

Sometimes I’m glad to be growing it’s my escape from shit for a few times a day y’all r always great no matter what thanks

5 Likes

It’s his digestive system and I think it’s shutting down he’s been prone to pancreatitis for the last 5 years but his back is bad…if they jump off a couch it’s equivalent to a human jumping off a 3 story building

8 Likes

I been there bro sending my prayers bro hang in there

4 Likes

Sending you love , prayers and absolute best wishes, I have an absolute best friend in my dog as well and was just thinking about this tbh and how devastated I will be, I told my friend I don’t know how I’ll go on, I completely feel for you my friend, keep your head up he had a great life and was well lived in positive.

6 Likes

Thanks a ton for that because I know that you fully understand what companionship and how it’s not a animal it’s like a brother

7 Likes

Hey bud, not sure what I could do with regards to that giveaway. I am helping him to keep things organized and being a sounding board for his ideas but he does all the work on this. I really just kind of hang out and help him keep things straight as the names flood in on game day :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ralph is so adorable…
I think it is cruel that dogs live less than human age.

5 Likes

Awww im sorry, I know your pain. Our chocolate lab was 15 when we lost her. Its like losing one of my kids. Prayers and good vibes for you and Ralph.

4 Likes

So sorry dude… we dog peep’s get it. I’v dug too many holes in the yard in my years…

I just talked to my old pal Rolo, he said he’ll be there to welcome Ralph. Not to worry bro…

13 Likes

I’m so sorry. I’m sure that you have given Ralph an absolutely wonderful life, and wow - 18 years. What a life. Best to you and any loved ones who are experiencing this loss with you.

4 Likes

On the contrary I think dogs suffer much more when they lose their owner, they cannot understand and assume fate as we do.

I’m sorry for your loss, I’m on my fifth German Dogue right now, the same day I lose him I start the search for the next. Life with dogs is a routine, walk, feed, pat …

Once you lose one if you don’t get another that routine breaks up and there’s and emptiness nothing can fill.

Each dog I had even if they were from the same breed were different, but sad to say each of them made me forget the previous or at least ease my pain, they have much love to give.

So forgive me about giving you this advice but I am sure Ralph would just want you to be happy again … beer3|nullxnull

10 Likes

100% agreed brother…

6 Likes

I’m very sorry to hear about this, it’s never easy losing a sidekick. I’d just make him as comfortable as possible and enjoy some cuddles and loving :v::green_heart::bulb:

6 Likes

Its so sad losing a companion, I know I’ve lost four now, just be with him and make him comfortable.
I know its hard to think of this at such a time but you will love your new companion when you know the time is right to get one.
Peace and love to you both friend.

5 Likes