My 2 brickweed short plants

I finally found some seeds in late June. I planted 5 and got two females! This was brickweed probably from Mexico. I didn’t fertilize them but I put egg shells and some dead leaves in the hole. I know they aren’t much but they smell good and I would say fruity and not skunky at all. I’m getting into this! I’m happy

30 Likes

Hey @Pug-love. That’s all that matters as long as your happy. That’s a fine looking plant there. I’m sure your gonna love the outcome of that beautiful green bud. Great job!

4 Likes

It looks phenotypically interesting. A sativa/NLD dominant hybrid? Did you smoke the batch the seeds came from? Any idea the lineage?

5 Likes

And that is how it starts. Just a couple plants will get you hooked on growing. They look good.

10 Likes

You guys grow your seeds .
I make pot corn.

5 Likes

I do not know what it’s lineage is, and no I didn’t smoke what it came from. Being that 90 percent of the herb I come across is seedless, I asked my friend if he would keep his eyes out for any and he came thru. He told me he got em from his buddy out of the brick. He said it was just commercial crap. But I didn’t care and I planted them a couple days later. I assume that it could be from Jamaica or similar, but it seems sativa dominant. Smells delicious

5 Likes

I’m already going to be running some testers for a couple of Overgrow members and I am looking forward to growing some new genetics, especially since I have never grown a hybrid or a specifically named variety. I feel like a kid again at times, I daydream about where I am going to hide my plants outdoors, thinking about setting up a small indoor garden, reading and researching a lot about breeding concepts, and feeling the warm fuzzy feelingin my body when I hear cops say, “weeds’ not really even a drug, we don’t waste our time with that”. I NEVER thought I’d hear that in Florida! Still not legal to grow for me but not gonna get a life sentence with property seizures like the old days, times are a changin.

6 Likes

It always starts out so innocently but you need to be careful. I started out the same way. Planting a couple brick weed seeds and next thing you know you got an entire genetic library and looking at your paychecks to see how much you can spend to upgrade your grow. :rofl::joy:

But seriously just because the bud they came from was crap doesn’t always mean the seeds will produce crap plants. High likelihood of finding herms but if you have the space, time and patience to do the proper selections you could turn those brick seeds into a decent stable line.

4 Likes

Nice plant and your on your way to being a farmer.I have grown some amazing bud from bagweed.In fact i have a OG purple kush from a bag going now.

Many years ago i started out growing a couple of plants.Now i have a license to grow 340.Growing is great therepeutically to,Happy griwing and a bountiful harvest to you.

4 Likes

Thanks for all the good words of encouragement. All the best to everyone!

3 Likes

Hey @Pug-love. How’s your grow doing? Do you have any new pics or close up shots? I very interested in your final smoke report

1 Like

Nothing wrong with brickweed seeds. :+1:
As you can see…haha

3 Likes

Brick weed seeds and miracle grow, all that’s really needed outside of good light. Anything beyond that is gravy.

3 Likes

Its moving along, unfortunately my iphone that has the better camera will not charge at all for some reason so ill take some with this old cricket phone im using now, Haha. Just went outside and took a few and this camera sucks so bad im not even gonna waste the bandwidth with the pics. But anyways, had to deal with 2 straight days of steady rain a couple days ago and i havent spotted any rot, older fan leaves are turning yellow and they are frosting up pretty nicely. I think one is probably 2-3 weeks out and the other 10 days after that. Later i will try to get some pics with the ol lady’s phone. Peace

2 Likes

Cool. We all look forward to it!

That’s one of the things that make brick seeds some of the best to get started with. They are hardy and fairly resistant. Far fewer issues than with many modern strains that have been pampered for generations and will freak out with the slightest stress.

3 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Looks great :+1: :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Thank you. :+1:

2 Likes

Hey @pug-love. How’s your grow doing? Any new pics?

I harvested the small one in the top photo too early because i had to and it was in the ground and i moved. It probably definitely should have grown another month. The smoke was weak and tasteless and produced negligible effects. But i wasnt expecting much anyway as i never even smoked the schwag i got the seeds from to begin with. The other plant, the second pic, is different from the first one in smell. It smells kinda like sweet pineapple and i have it in a pot and im letting it continue to grow and bud up thicker. I wish i had a better camera so you guts could actually see all the trichomes, especially near the tip of the bud. Its still putting out some white pistils and alot of the older calyxes have swelled enough to engulf the hairs. The buds are still fairly loose but im guessing this is mostly sativa so im being as patient as i can be and trying to wait until i see some amber trichs. How long does anybody have any guesses?

3 Likes