My 30 gal. One plant Blue Dream Adventure

You could also try a light mover, I have no experience with them myself.

2 Likes

I had to look that one up. Have no idea how those things work. Well I just ordered the 4x8 tent. I’ll change the title if I have too. Still thinking on this.
The main thing is one big plant

3 Likes

The theory is, like the sun, they move across the tent. Covering 4x8 with a single 1kwatt HID. It’s suppose to give the plants a more even growth or something to do with stem growth. I’ve seen only a few people use them, otherwise it seems the general consensus is they aren’t really better or worse.

3 Likes

Very true. Makes perfect sense

1 Like

I up potted the most vigorous blue dream into a 3 gallon fabric pot using recycled supersoil. The next step will be into its final 30 gallon pot under a 1000k mh. I had to repot now because the roots of the plant were growing out of the bottom of the cup. So now hopefully we will start seeing some rapid growth.

25 Likes

veg time will be longgg even for a 5x5.

are you wholly unconcerned with energy expenditure? it could be astronomical…

this grow screams LED strip to me. would pay for itself fast…coverage and efficiency, plus you’ll learn LED. @Mr.Sparkle

have you considered growing her on a small scale first, before going balls to the wall?

interesting idea, will be watching! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Lol. I am aware. That is a darn good thread btw. I read it several times, one day I’ll have a setup like that. Thanks for joining in this adventure

3 Likes

The blue dream plant is really taking off. It’s a nice stocky plant so far. I just gave it a koh drench and really perking up. The tent came in. Got everything but the 30 gallon fabric pot which is on its way. I’m thinking about topping it today, and transplanting it into its final 30 gallon pot in about 10 or 12 days under the 1000k hps in its 4x8x80 tent.

17 Likes

This is your grow do whatever you want and don’t let others steer you away from your original idea/plans…You should be able to succeed, that was my attitude when I first started growing in my Phototrons…I did it my way and I didn’t listen to anyone else bromigo.

11 Likes

Thanks @PhilCuisine! Thanks for the support. I’m excited for this one. I can’t wait to see how it turns out

2 Likes

This plant is one the stockiest plant I have grown. By the looks of it you would definitely say it’s full indica. That’s a three gallon pot it’s in. I gave it some general hydroponics fertilizer yesterday along with a teaspoon of azomite. I thought the supersoil would be enough but apparently this plants likes it’s food. In another 7 or 8 days it will go in its final 30 gallon pot under a 600 watt mh then eventually the 1k. I hope I ordered a big enough pot for this project.

18 Likes

I used to grow the clone only Blue Dream years ago…I wish I made some crosses with it but I didn’t, its looking good though bromigo…

2 Likes

Thanks man. Yeah I’m gonna have to pollinate part of it. Wouldn’t be fair otherwise

Well I topped the bg today and some fanners. @Papalag I’m trying to go by your instructions that you posted up above. I won’t be able to put a net up until I transplant into the final 30 gallon pot. I’m gonna need some help for sure spreading this plant for an even canapy. I could just keep topping and let it grow more natural since I have 80 inches of height to work with. Much to think about…

17 Likes

Those leaves look like something out of Jurassic Park or something. She’s thicc!

3 Likes

@Meesh did say that they leaned heavy on the blueberry side

1 Like

Looks great bro

Once you set up the net she will fill in nicely 80 inches in hight you can grow monsters

1 Like

Thanks man! What I’m visioning is a plant grown big inside compared to being grown outside. This is my first big boy set up.
Everything I have done indoors has been with 150 watt hps and fluorescents…
If I’m going to try netting the plant out how much of the tops should be above the net?

2 Likes

Just ordered a 600 watt mh bulb. Once the plant grows out of the 600 it will all be 1000. If I get a pound from all this I’ll be a happy camper… so much invested

1 Like

Net should be set 8 to 10 inches above top of pot

Top and bend all branches (tie down if necessary)
Remove all growth under the net
Any branches growing downward remove
When branches grow tall remove lower bud sites ( bottom 3 each stem ) this sends that energy to the larger sites

A second net above fou added support is helpful

1 Like