My first bagseed grow

The citrus I do know actually, but the peppers IDK. Blue dream is supposed to have a blueberry note to it normally. I’d be weirded out if I didn’t get a citrus smelling blue dream. Intensity varies by grower I’ve noticed, but it should contain it always based on it’s info.

This is my 3rd batch of blue dreams. Everyone says they are supposed to be a strong smelling strain, but I haven’t noticed that. Possibly cuz they are outside. I have to get up really close and rub a leaf to smell them. The original black pepper smell may have been a mix of megacrop with the starting of bud. No idea, but it was odd at first. They smell much different now. Lol

1 Like

I have to go close with mine too, but I’ve been keeping them at a constant 70f. I just turned the AC temp up to 80f. I need that dehumidifier asap. I just don’t know any good ones I can get

I was too late for daytime pics. Here’s some pics of them after lights out.

I think Sadie is too close to the UV bulb
they’re doing much better now. I’m not seeing leaves dropping like flies anymore.

Since letting the room get warmer and using the fan as a exhaust instead the room has dropped to 55% humidity and temp staying stable at 80f. Also the cuttings are shooting roots like no tomorrow.

4 Likes

Took night pics again. Sadie smells even better than before. She’s stabilized her smell. It hasn’t changed since my last update. She’s a sweet aged sharp cheddar cheese with notes of wood, pine, nuts, and vanilla. Just the right amount of skunky musk. Makes me drool every time I smell her.

Ingrid has joined in on the cheese platter. She has a super strong blue cheese smell with lots of skunk just pumping out. Sadie smes the same light of dark cycle, but Ingrid seems to work on her smells at night one smell at a time.

Harmony smells more like toe cheese with a strong pine and citrus note almost overpowering the skunk.

Holly is smelling like a mix of Sadie, Ingrid, and Harmony. I guess I should have named her Harmony LoL :rofl: she’s leaning closer to Sadie though.
Last night she had a bubblegum smell. I can’t find it today. It’s transformed into a distinct cheese now.

Edit: I caught grey mold on the leaves. Roughly finger shaped on each spot. You see them once you look close. I pruned off each leaf and finger being extra careful to not let it touch anything.
Please tell me further action ASAP?

I think that Ingrid, Harmony, and Holly all got stunted at different times. They all seem to be following Sadie’s pattern. She was the one who never saw a single issue really the whole grow. She had a period where she was settling on her smell. They are taking the same amount of time as Sadie did, but each seem to be at a different point of maturity. So far Holly took the same amount of time Sadie did from when she started to throw out smells more than skunk and pine to when she smelled like cheese and almost all the same smells too. Harmony seems to be an odd one. Smells are developing slower than the rest, but she also isn’t really giving off a lot of smell until close, but afterwards you have a hard time getting the smell out of your nose, so she’s got that over Sadie and the rest. It’s been over a hour since I smelled her last and I’m still getting random whiff’s of her through stale tobacco smoke and 2 calzones. I guess she really does deserve Harmony after all.
Ingrid definitely seems to be just overall stunted. She was knicked bad when my roommate zoned out while pruning. He’s no longer allowed to prune at all. she’s only started to turn brown over the 2 slices that swelled upon each side. Anyways I’m sure I’ll get the lowest yeild on Ingrid because of that. She does however smell like a Haze, kush, and skunk cross. Definitely far from the landrace origin.

2 Likes

I did catch the mold looking spots after the pics and I’m glad I took them now too.
I had originally dropped the temp from 80 to 70 and I saw the humidity drop from 50% to 60%.
Currently it’s at 65% and climbing. I’ll be watering at lights on. 5g megacrop per gallon seems to be the sweet spot rn. The chlorosis halted progression after that. I lost a few suckers overnight that withered and turned brown, but nothing further afterwards. Only the affected leaves kept issues. They have all been removed from the the plants.

Please help me to solve what’s going on with the humidity?

Hope someone can help with your humidity question. I grow outdoors in So Cal and our RH is almost always 67%. It gives my roses pm at times but haven’t had any on my MJ. Good luck!

1 Like

I just wish I knew how I dropped it the last couple of days. Isk what I did to increase it as much as I did at all. My best guess is the pruning caused a lot of humidity released into the air. At least it was only a 10% increase. It’s staying at 65%. The humidity in the house overall is lower since my last update

I just went in to check on the plants again and what do I see? A wolf spider made it’s home on the plants!:thinking:

Should I leave it alone or remove it? It is leaving strings of web between leaves, but at the same time it does love to eat bugs and I have a need for them to die. I’m for keeping Wolfie alive, but at the same time smoking webs and possibly cocooned bugs doesn’t sound good at all. IDK what the best option is here. Lights come on in 8 minutes. I’ll see if I can’t vent out even more humidity with this setup as the day goes by. I’ll be home tomorrow, so I can keep regular updates while I’m worrying about mold and how to deal with it past the peroxide

3 Likes

I found a suspicious leaf near a bud I won’t take a chance on.

On closer inspection the leaf it doesn’t appear to be anything other than a dried film.

The humidity dropped once the lights came on. Back down to 45%.

40% now. Dropping fast. It does appear my efforts are working, but the temp rose to 90f now.

Otherwise the plants look really good.

It’s watering day. 10g per 2 gallons. As usual I mix in 1.5L of boiling water to it once it’s half full of tap water and if it’s 100f or up I add ice cubes. It’s at 80f now, so it’s ready for watering

Wolfie vanished, but ah well. They killed a housefly for me, so I’m happy. That was the last one I saw all day I couldn’t kill.

I measured the leaves and I see 86f on the leaf that the UV light on the right is closest to. 79-84f is the average on the leaves from bottom to top. Soil is 82f. I’m looking at the vpd chart to find my ideal I can get
Odd… Apparently I’m way too low humidity based on the chart

Apparently near 90f I want a 80% humidity range…:thinking: Can someone chime in on this?

I put the AC on 64 instead of 80 and I see the temp slowly dropping. Rn it’s at 80f and 35% humidity. It’s been at 35% since my last update. I went in right away and saw it dropped. It stayed at 35 steady, but I did drop the temps a lot. The room should hopefully be balanced out and I’ll find the sweet spot I’m looking for soon.

Now it’s at 85f and 35%:man_shrugging:t2:
I can’t drop the room temp more, but the airflow is strong in there now. The plants are barely moving, but the room feels really nice rn. Time will tell. I might need to get a humidifier if this keeps up :money_with_wings:
I have no idea what I did aside from completely opening the door.

I know when I used to use the AC to cool down the whole house it was only possible when the door was against the wall. Even 6 inches from the wall keeps heat in the house and the cool air in there. Somehow trapped air🤔

I’m assuming really shitty design tbh. Somehow airflow out the door is stopped when the door isn’t fully open. Smells escape and even with a fan in the doorway and the door slightly away from the wall the house won’t cool off, but the second I put the door against the wall I get a cold rush in the house almost makes it too cold after that as it’s a sudden change. From 90 to 64. Only the grow room is 85f and I can feel it’s cooler than 70f. 70f is cold to me and 75f is where I don’t sweat or feel cold. Any lower than 75 and I’m in pants and a long sleeve.
I need more fat, but that route ain’t happening. I’ll go with working out for muscle as at least I can get gains with little work. I know I pissed some people off with that one, but the other end of the BMI spectrum is just as awful :money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings::rofl: I can’t afford to feed myself to where I don’t look sickly without spending about 1000-1500 a month on food alone and a belt is mandatory as no one makes clothes in my size and tailored clothes are too expensive. I’m psycho though and also need my daily crazy fix of cannabis. Main reason I’m growing these girls. I need to cut costs somewhere. I’ll work on growing my own food next. I think a catnip seed sprouted finally. I think I put one near the basil cutting in front. Either way a new seedling sprouted. The tiny one at the base of Sadie is just so adorable, but I’m not sure if I should yank it before it causes problems. Since starting this entry I saw the temp drops to 83f. Improving I guess. Slowly but surely

I just had a thought after checking on the cuttings rooting in the jar. I’m seeing a ton of roots shooting out since a few hours ago. Is it possible that the 35% humidity at 80f is making them root like mad? They definitely have plenty of water to drink LoL :ok_hand:.
I drop in some nutrients, but really just a splash of it per container. The mint gets a much higher concentration of it and I’m seeing root growth on a cutting with no leaves now growing some after it rooted. IDK how it stayed alive tbh, but good for it.
My other thought was that the seedlings that are in the soil now would probably heavily benefit from a veg friendly day. If that root groth I’m seeing is anything to go by. I’ll swap out the water later as it’s been awhile since I put it in there. The roots would shake off at a glance originally, so I just crossed my fingers on those ones. Glad it worked out and roots are sturdy enough to stay in the stem now. I’ll most likely be passing out soon, so I’ll update after I’m up next. See what the difference is if any. In general I’m keeping cup the watering on lights on option. I however feel I’m not watering right or I need a topsoil now. The roots where the mounds once we’re are now exposing some pretty thick roots. It actually reminds me of how a tree forms it’s trunk🤔 actually Holly looks like a little tree rn. I wouldn’t be surprised if I took a cutting to save Holly and Sadie for next grow.

I do have a question: what’s the best way to take a cutting for a clone? I’ve heard of many methods and I’m hoping to see if I can’t lean myself towards one. I know of a method that leaves a little bit of the cola still on it and then they reveg it and let it grow into a mother plant I believe is that method. I could be wrong. Still learning :man_shrugging:t2: I do however want these saved for later after harvest and seeing as I can’t make seeds I was thinking of going the mother plant route or similar to get a good yeild of seeds. Especially if I like how they are if there’s some way to preserve it I will.

Oh yeah on another note I accidentally topped the backmost mint apparently and it now has 2 main growths and another coming out if the middle as it was trained to grow bent in a Z shape. I’m not complaining. More mint for me🤣
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t mint a good pest repellent in the garden too? For bugs I mean. Hopefully gnats as they are most definitely so far only those. Somehow escaped aphids apparently or I’ve killed them off. I found Wolfie again. Also found a tiny red spider on the mint cuttings making it’s been, so I killed it. I’m too tired to risk spidermites. I can always order beneficial predators that are spider friendly. If any exist. I might have to go the microbe route. Still haven’t gotten those. Life has gotten chaotic, but I’m somehow keeping calm through it. Either way that beautiful looking spider has learned where to go to start hunting. Once I watered they disappeared and I see them near soil level under the lowest leaf now on Holly. Hopefully I see some benefits from Wolfie there. Now that I finally got one to chill around the plants. They are killing the big flies too. Thinking of it I haven’t seen one since that last one was killed. I like Wolfie already.

Yes this is a unedited thought. Deal with it. No hostility, but seriously this will probably never stop as long as I breathe. It’s usually after I’m exhausted, but in that groggy state I can finally focus on the girls properly and calmly process everything going on as well as retain the information for pretty much ever. IDK why, but I can’t forget things that happen when I’m exhausted, but stuck awake.

I swabbed the area’s I cut with 91% iso on a qtip. If only you could give your plant more base cannabinoids to work with. That’s the dream I guess for me🤔 breeding does all the work really, but I don’t have any horticulture degrees and I’m just having a thought. It would be cool though if it were possible. Maybe one day after find the specific mechanism that makes it all happen, then we could manipulate it with more material to work with.

Like a nutrient that allows a plant that would only produce around 10% to one with a rich cannabinoid profile. While yes there’s products in the market for maximizing genetic potential, I’m talking about giving your plant more potential to work with. Hell if we could do that we could probably find a nutrient that would steer the plant to THC, CBD, or CBC dominant or exclusive plant. Aside from the science application for study it would also help those who want to be sure what they grow is what they want. If they can’t have any THC, then something that would ensure none gets produced and the CBG becomes something else entirely.

Now another question: does anyone know if anything is the precursor to CBG? The science behind the plant and how it works is what interests me most TBH. At the same time I’m an aspiring biochemist, so that could be playing a part.

If the enzymes could be increased or replenished allowing more xbg to be made and allowing many more cannabinoids to be produced.

Btw anyone know where the list of the known cannabinoids are? I always hear that we know of 180+ or something, but I just see 7 not counting breakdown ones that aren’t fully understood yet.
And I’m out of energy. Have a good night overgrowers​:infinity::recycle:

1 Like

I don’t see any deficiencies at all since increasing the feed strength.

If only I’d be so lucky as to have Wolfie kill all the adult gnats before they can lay eggs. Wishful thinking.

I sprayed the plants with 3% hydrogen peroxide 5 hours ago. It’s 80% humidity in there again. 70f. I shouldn’t be surprised as that’s the temp they perspirate(transpirate?) at usually. I’ll increase the temp to help it ventilate out easier without risk of condensation.

Now should I be pruning still? I kinda want to remove some troublesome fan leaves bullying some colas trying to form. Like it’s shoving them. Not even shading them at all. Plus it’s a little bushy.
I only prune off anything I have to. I stare at them all day and make plans to help them, but mostly I’m practicing LITFA and since I can’t do any of those plans I just do what I can and cross my fingers tbh. I’ll have to raise the lights tomorrow night. They’re getting to close to Sadie and Holly.

I wish I had a way to hang my lights from the ceiling without drilling into it. The humidity would probably drop when the room is less crowded and airflow can travel along the sides too.

Well… Sadie took over the grow😅

She’s just hogging all the light now.

Ingrid isn’t making many trichomes, but she is in 4th place.

Holly is looking much better

Harmony is doing very well.

I finally bothered to make reclaim after washing my rig free of the all the stuck on oil, so I’m not very chatty today. Mostly just a Stony CBN and it is making it hard to think. I’m sure there’s stuff I forgot, but I totally spaced on resetting the timer after the power went out yesterday afternoon for 2 hours. The humidity went from 35% to 80% after that. At least I see Sadie is just tossing trichomes like it’s going out of style. Once I woke up a bit I remembered to do that and they are now waking up at 12:50. I set the AC to 80f and let’s see if it changes the temps to 90 again or just confuse me further.

1 Like

Update: the temps are stable at 80f for the last hour and the humidity dropped from 70% to 60% ATM.

Ingrid is getting lots of trichomes all over the place, so I spoke too soon.

Harmony had some white powder I’m just hoping was DE on the stem, but after the mold scare I didn’t chance it and I sprayed the plants again in all areas. Paying special attention to the stems. Again I’d rather have bud taste bad and be smokable, than to have it ruined. I’m too tired to stay awake. I’ll update in the morning. I have to adjust the lights up as you can see in Sadie’s main Cola pic.

I noticed white mold on Harmony’s stem both last night and today. I didn’t get pics, but I did look close and saw a fuzzy appearance to the white mold. I ran out of peroxide in the bottle, so I mixed in 3% peroxide and ⅛ volume I added 70% iso and ½ teaspoon of some Dr. Bronner’s 18-in-1 hemp peppermint pure-Castile soap. Certified organic too.
It really made a difference in the application this time. I soaked the plants from soil to buds. I’m not risking anything. Wolfie just champs through it apparently. If the mold pops up again I’ll take a pic before I act, but immediately after I’ll be spraying. It’s looking like I might have to cull harmony though and just get what I can off her before it’s too late to get anything from any of them.

here’s a post spray pic of her stem.

Now some good notes. The plants otherwise are doing extremely well rn. Sadie is seeing very minimal leafy growth on the buds. I’m sure some is good as otherwise I’d just have buds made of pure pistils and trichomes… Then again that sounds like a dream come true for smoking or extracting. No plant matter in significant quantity to cause waxes or lipids to form.:sweat_smile: Either way they’re all doing well in trichome production at least and the buds are all starting to get more uniform in growth rate. I’m guessing that was my first sign that I was going to see a issue like that. Ingrid will probably mold last once she’s big enough to feed it to where it wants to spread and stop being dormant inside causing issues.

that’s Sadie and I’m just mesmerized by her tbh. Though I’m told they give off enough smell to where my mother thought I was smoking heavy. I haven’t smoked in 4 days. I’ve smoked cigs, but if the plants are overpowering cigarette smoke I’m calling that a win in general.

Wolfie just DGAF what I do in there. They’re just hunting and I’m not even a nuisance apparently. With all my efforts to kill the gnats in a non toxic manner apparently Wolfie is more happy than annoyed. I’m making her food just come to her or slow down enough to eat with no effort.
Once they made their home on the plants they won’t leave no matter what I do now. I’ll have to kill her to get her out for good now. Wolf spiders never leave my house. Putting them outside would just be temporary and possibly a exercise in futility. She’s not hurting the plants to my knowledge, so why bug her?:smirk:

I redid my fan setup. The strong one works better in the end to provide good airflow at a proper distance away from the plants

turned the low flow one on 2 and pointed it right at the soil level. The good fan is pointed a little higher up with the bottom of the wind cone where the strongest part of the current is with the low power one. With the AC pointed at the ceiling as even on low it’s too strong airflow for the girls. They straight up wave and weave around the planter. The leaves get wind burn too easily, so if I didn’t distance the fans and adjust them how I did they’d be all twisted and filull of holes like the fanleaf on Ingrid I finally pruned off today. The tips easily yeild to wind and twist to the side if the wind is too strong. I got the balance though as the leaves rustle, but they don’t sway or move fast. I have to do something though as those gnats are breeders. Wolfie seems to be taking it easy today. Im back to about 300

I forgot to take pics. Harmony’s stem is fuzzy as it appears to have fully rooted in her. I gave a go for broke attempt with a heavy spray until I saw foam, then 91% iso straight that I had flow down her stem from 3 inches above the point I saw the mold forming, then I sprayed her again with the bottle solution heavily. If she dies I most likely had to cut her down at the rate the fuzz is forming. The iso did soak the mound and went in the soil, so that happened too. At least it’s contained to Harmony’s area for now. If only I’d be so lucky to get the antifungal from the garlic and chives already. All 3 cloves have sprouted nice strong and long growth and 1 of them has already started to open up and split into what looks like 2 stalks. Sorry I Forgot to take pics of the fuzz. I panicked and just took care of it on sight.

Can someone lmk what I should do? I don’t want to cull her if I can avoid it, but at the rate I’m seeing growth if I didn’t kill it with the last attempt I’d rather have a way too early harvest than none at all.

If the hydrogen peroxide doesn’t work you can either risk an antifungal spray (I wouldn’t in bud) or get crazy and do an emergency transplant. If the mold reaches the bud you’ll have to pull it out. With all those gnats and issues, your soil sounds like complete crap to me at this point. Probably all you can do. If you already have root rot, then watering with the peroxide should help.

1 Like