My first bagseed grow

Took some pics of Sadie, Holly, and Harmony again. Ingrid just doesn’t impress me as much.
Harmony

Sadie

Holly

Just like with Sadie I had to prune the leaf tops off Holly. The UV lights burn any leaves that close. Somehow the buds aren’t close enough to cause any harm. Just anything within 6 inches of the UV light cone.

Please tell me there’s something I can do to evenly spread the light across? I wish I had trained them, but I’ll do that next reg seed grow. My buddy wants me to give him some kush seeds to start his own grow, so I’ll be helping him apparently. I keep trying to get him to do here, but he’s stubborn and wants in person help.

Should I make a log for him since I’ll be helping him anyways? He’ll be training them, so I’m interested in how he plans on doing that. And what shapes he’ll do.

Also here’s the rest of the pics.

The soil is drying out, but it’s not drying evenly. The side with Holly and Sadie is still a little darker and that’s the only spot I see gnats ATM. Holly is starting to look like she’s going to be the first to droop.

2 Likes

Seems I’ll have to water after lights on. Sadie is starting to droop now. That soil took forever to dry.
At least the gnats are significantly reduced in number now. As always the spiders move in and then leave a few days later. I’ll be trying to get a pesticide soon. I’m 3 months away from harvest ideally, but I’m way more than 10 days. The trichome heads are still clear and the hairs haven’t changed red yet.

On another note Ingrid is bulking up now. I was honestly expecting her to yeild maybe 7g max at the rate I was seeing her with immature buds I didn’t expect her to improve much. Apparently after last night she had enough energy to double her bud size

I thought I’d have to water today, but I was wrong.
None of the girls are drooping yet. The garlic is though. Well one of them.

The soil is retaining moisture I think. That or the water from the bottom is going up top once it’s dry on top. IDK.

Maybe someone here can help me to understand what’s going on?

Apparently the plants are really happy with this situation ATM. Ingrid is growing bigger buds finally too. Took her long enough, but she was stunted

Like @ReikoX said they were drowning and now they can breathe. The roots will search for water. I suspected that they were waterlogged.

2 Likes

I’m just wanting the soil to dry already. So far I’m going on a week now and no sign of drying out. It actually seems to be getting more moist now as time passes. Yesterday it was almost all dry and today it’s less dry…:man_shrugging:t2:
At least the plants aren’t dying rapidly from this. The garlic might not make it though. All 3 are drooping. I’m less concerned with them. More with why the soil is now gaining water content now. I am seeing salt buildup or dried patches of DE that are still on top. I’ve been gone all day, so I haven’t been able to watch them too close, but I’m seeing the pests overall go away. The gnats ate a nuisance here and there, but the soil moisture coming back from the dead isn’t helping them go away any time soon. At least the other flies that joined in don’t want anything to do with the room now. I had a new spider move in and check out after a day.
Anyways I’m ranting, but it’s really confusing me.

The soil is drying more today. Sadie is starting to point her leaf tips down on the lower leaves.
I am seeing various pH swing issues as it dries. Thanks again for everyone finally getting me to drain that soil and most importantly properly dry them.

I think I see what looks to be a seed pod, but I know they weren’t pollinated by those males. It’s already opened and it looks like a bunch of pistils that are stuck inside the calyx. Some have turned red already. Kinda curious what’s going on with that one and if I should act.

IDK if Sadie is foxtailed or just filling out. The pistils are almost swallowed by sugar leaf growth and calyxes. I can’t tell if it’s separate buds forming close or something like that either. Something similar happened to Sadie that Harmony did, but just spaced farther apart thanks to the stretch. Humidity during the day is almost a constant 50%
Night temps are 70f and 60-70% humidity. I can get a ultrasonic essential oil diffuser that uses water too or one that uses none and is just a fan. The fan one will only cover 100 square feet and the ultrasonic one covers 400. I was thinking of using it to blast some essential oils that might help the pests want to leave and not go near the plants or at least enough to bomb them and confuse the hell outta them. Here’s a pic of Sadie. Maybe I’m paranoid. IDK it’s my first grow, so I’ll see in the end. Foxtail or no with how frosty she’s getting I want to smoke her. IDC how she looks as long as she smells and smokes right. Holly and Harmony are both catching up to Sadie in height. I’ve been bending a shade leaf away from Ingrid’s top and literally the next day she started getting bigger fatter buds. Maybe she didn’t get enough light or it’s just something she does anyways. Maybe she’s a lazy girl who grows in spurts not gradually like the rest seem to be. Though the rest are all looking so good I’m so happy. I can’t wait until the trichome heads start to turn cloudy. Then I can hopefully not see any more smell change outside intensity during the rest of flowering.

Ingrid looks like she’s stretching now like how Sadie did at first. I really think she was held back longer than the rest were if that’s the case. I’ve regained my excitement this grow as thanks to all the help from @ReikoX @Meesh @Skiball @cannabissequoia @Hoodini @toastyjakes @LemonadeJoe @GrapeApe and anyone else my tired brain can’t remember for helping me to snap this grow back into shape before it was too late.
Anyways here’s Ingrid’s pics

And now Harmony’s pics

Now Holly’s pics

Now the overhead pics

Now the lower level pics

Now the soil pics

I still see some gnats. The plants don’t seem to be strongly affected by the drought in a bad way ATM unless I’m mistaken. Lmk if you advise me to water or not. I can water with a gallon or short of it. If I have remaining nute water I’ll use it to mix with the cuttings once I change the water again. Speaking of I put the fan leaf I. It off in the water just for kicks and to my surprise I to still alive. A little bit burnt, but once I change the water I assume that will change. I’m just wanting to see what happens. If it roots I’ll probably just make a micro diy hydro system with solo cups or something just to see what’ll happen with it if it actually grows a plant and not just staying alive in water.

I’m learning so much this grow. Absolutely none of this i was prepared for, but I wont make these mistakes next grow. Next one is going a bit different. The variance in drinking and eating between plants even from the same strain as I now understand is not guaranteed and even if the connected root system works with other plants, in cannabis it causes more problems than it helps with I feel. In case anyone reading this doesn’t know and I doubt it, but who knows? An example is where
a chopped down tree that’s just a stump in a Grove of trees will be kept alive from the surrounding trees roots sharing nutrients keeping it alive. In rare cases the tree can come back to life and start over as a sapling popping out the middle of the stump.

I’m rambling and tired now. My experiment in my first grow should have waited for me to use companion plants instead of other plants. On top of the fact I should have waited until next grow to mess with the root system at all. I prefer no till. with how the roots seem to be all around the soil now I can say I’m definitely wanting to stay no till from now on.

alo readjusted the fans to create a gentle sway in the plants with no rapid movement at all in even leaf tips on any part of the plants.

I’ll updated with anything I forgot later. I’m off to bed now.

7 Likes

The soil looked much better today. I keep doing a lift test to check the weight. I can lift it with 1 arm pretty easily now. I stop once the weight shifts though as they all move around waving back and forth. Also I don’t want to have them touch the lights.

If I had to guess why I saw that happen it was probably a wick like action evening out the moisture once excess had been evaporated. The soil feels dry on top, but not too deep in. Still has moisture if I scratch at the surface. I’m staying strong though. I’ll provide pics daily. I trust if I don’t recognize when to water before it’s too late if someone else see that I have to they’ll tell me. Sorry for the mouthful. My brain doesn’t function properly today. Hard to speak. Just been like this always during a heat wave since I was a kid. I’m pretty sure the heat cooks my brain.

Overall I see Ingrid is still stretching like it’s her first week of flowering. Is it just my suspicion or is it possible to delay flowering that long? She started making buds with the rest, but the order she’s doing things is different from the rest.

It seems that Harmony is the quantity and Sadie is the quality. I get a nice strong smell off Sadie in general without needing to get close. Harmony needs me to go nose deep or rub a leaf to get her smell. She’s leaning back on citrus and pine again.

Does anyone know how long on average until the smells start to stabilize? I’ve heard it will keep changing as the plants continue to produce new trichomes. IDK if it’s true though. If anyone has insights on that I’d appreciate the wisdom.

Your getting some buds forming in there, it should start getting pretty stinky. These have been on 12/12 for what, 3 or 4 weeks?

Looking at that last picture of the soil, I would say go ahead and water now. Particularly by the way the soil is pulling away from the side of the container. Lightly moisten the top, wait a few minutes, repeat until saturated. :+1::seedling:

1 Like

I’ll give them water at lights on then. Unless I shouldn’t wait and water when the lights are off, but I’ve been told that’s bad. The garlic will be super happy LoL. They lost all vigour.

Sorry if I’m confused. If you mean now as in RN, then I’ll start mixing ASAP to feed my girls

1 Like

Wait until lights on. They need their beauty rest. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Will do. Gives me a chance to see if one extra night might possibly be the last night of gnats. It probably isn’t, but I can hope right?:sweat_smile: Is it odd that they like garlic shoots? They’ll regularly land on the garlic mare often than the plants. I see them do the same with mint too. At this point the companion plants are more like sacrificial plants to keep the pests away.

I flipped to 12/12 on July 25, so that’s 5 weeks now today they’ve been in flower

2 Likes

I gave them a foliar feed with megacrop before lights come on. It’s been so hot today they were starting to dry out. I mix in 10 drps of the soap each spray bottle. I had hoped it would remove the gnats from sugar leaves and fan leaves. I was wrong. They’re too stuck on. I’m not going to use a lot of force as I assume that’s bad.

I’ve heard it’s best to water after 2 hours after lights on. Any truth to it?

Watering now. Taking my time letting the water travel before I add more water each time.

5g megacrop in 1 gallon water and 8oz of fpj made from the cuttings I’ve taken from them all this time.
I’ve been giving it time to ferment before I used any. Thanks to my mother who makes fermented foods all the time I did it right thank goodness.

I didn’t want all the nutrients to go to waste. Plus I assume cutting them so early and making use of them right away was the right plan. Took many steps, but I want the girls to get anything I can give them to make them happy

Here’s today’s pics

Ingrid

Sadie

Holly

Harmony

2 Likes

The trichomes were actually reduced in number after the last day of the drought ended. Seems they are bouncing back though. The mystery calyx is slowly releasing the pistils. I’ll see soon what it is inside.

After I watered that way I see them responding well so far. Thank you @Meesh for the tip!:grin:

Still have some DE on the leaves, but I’ve almost gotten it all off. It got caked on unfortunately and became a hassle to remove, but with moistening them and a paper towel it’s a bit easier. It doesn’t spread and I looked at it under a microscope to be safe.

I’m seeing orange hairs pop up again. Let’s see if these get swallowed by the buds again.

Is there anything I should be pruning off? I see some lower growth that’s looking pretty sickly. I’m pretty sure they get the least amount of lightning or the pests hit them hardest. I still haven’t been able to get any pesticide. Does anyone have a link they can point me to where I can find something to use against them? At this point the nuke strategy is about all I have left. I’m far away from harvest. Correct me if I’m wrong 5 weeks is nowhere near 2 weeks from harvest I believe though. I just want to stop seeing gnats get stuck on the trichs

As usual after watering Harmony has a leaf or 2 die.
I’m watching one go chlorotic by the hour gradually since 1am. It’s almost 7am now. So far still alive, but yellow now. Should I leave it or prune it? IDK what’s causing this one. It happens every time with her lately. The last 5 waterings she’s lost fanleaf and bud. Just lower leaves only. Mostly suckers. Probably for the best, but it’s baffling me.

Can someone please help me understand what this could be?

Looks like the leaf on Harmony has stayed at fully chlorotic. Much less than usual for her.

I have new pics of Sadie.

IDK if it’s just my imagination, but it looks like the fpj is helping or the new water schedule they love. Whatever the case I love the new appearance! All of the plants have just about evened out in trichome now. Sadie when I touched a leaf coated my finger in clear oil. Smells like double bubble bubble gum actually. I can’t wait to see what the final smell will be. I’m not seeing any random soil chunks on the leaves today. I did see a male mosquito start chilling with the plants now.

The chlorotic leaf strongly resembles a zinc deficiency in appearance. All leaf tips died and the leaf well all yellow. The pattern was roughly oval shaped I’ll snap a pic in a bit. Still waking up.

Here’s the pic as promised. I figured if I gave it some more time figuring it out would be easier

I’ve learned the white powder is the Basil pollen. I’d laugh if a freak of nature happened and I saw seeds. I’d plant that mutant seed instantly or gift it to someone who would grow it out for me as that sounds amazing. It can’t happen outside gmo to my knowledge, but hey if the impossible happens I’ll be happy LoL :ok_hand: a basil weed cross LoL :rofl::rofl::rofl: if only. High thoughts. I wonder if basil pollen is safe to get in the buds?

Either way I see that as fan leaves age they tend to get sucked dry for nutrients. Makes sense to me. Happens every Autumn.

Some of my bottom fans are yellowing and falling off my budding plants. I fed mine a tad too light in the beginning so they yellowed, also I think the buds suck up the nutrients. I wouldn’t worry about it

1 Like