My first bagseed grow

IDK what made them leave though :man_shrugging:t2:
If I can figure that out Iā€™ll definitely make use of it if I run into them in the future again. I assume I will as pests will be pests. Gotta make sure Iā€™m prepared or Iā€™ll regret it

1 Like

Soil drench with Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis (Bti) or ā€œMosquito dunksā€ for fungus gnat.

1 Like

I didnā€™t do that, but I can assure you my next grow will have it in the soil from the start.

Makes me wonder if I lucked out and somehow some BT of some sorts formed in the fpj. :man_shrugging:t2: IDK if that can happen or if I just got them too drunk to breed. Who knows. All I do know is new ones Havenā€™t popped up and I donā€™t see any larvae when I water in a couple of weeks now.

After harvest if I somehow luck out and eliminate the pests entirely Iā€™ll probably recycle this soil with amendments and Iā€™ll innoculate it to be safe. Iā€™ll isolate the soil for awhile after harvest first to be safe. If anything pops out I know it wonā€™t be worth my time. If itā€™s pest free Iā€™ll work with it again. If Iā€™m lucky Iā€™ll turn this(assuming I get it clean) into a supersoil one day. If people can turn plain dirt into supersoil with time and care I believe in myself there too.

I would assume since you fixed the overwatering problem they have no more bad roots to feed on or lay eggs in so they died or took off to find better conditions

btwā€¦ you donā€™t add pesticide to your soil as a preventative measure, itā€™s a worst case scenario. The BT would be only if the gnats were already there

1 Like

Another thingā€¦ if your soil is drying faster to me thatā€™s a good thing. Means you are watering properly now. Less water more often. Soil stays evenly moist that way, not wet and not drowning your plants at the bottom which dries slower in soil.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen it in soil amendment a lot though. Dr Earth is one Iā€™ve seen thatā€™s a soil innoculating amendment. Iā€™m confused now. Is it not a good thing to make sure your soil has the proper microorganisms to ensure a pest and disease free grow? To a degree of course as nothing is foolproof. At least not anything Iā€™m aware of that they canā€™t develop a resistance to.

Could be wrong but I thought BTI and BTK were both insect sprays/fungicides. Microcorhzal (I donā€™t know how to spell it) I believe was for proper microorganisms.

1 Like

Itā€™s definitely drying faster. This time itā€™s going faster than the first water at 1 gallon. It took 3 days the first time to see what I saw yesterday afternoon after a day. Today it has a couple of damp spots, but thereā€™s no plants there anymore, so the next time I should probably use less water in the middle to dry it out more evenly.

The garlic looks to be done for though. Full wilt. Only the one by Holly and Harmony both is doing okay. The 2 in the middle never recovered from the drought I gave the plants.

IDK if itā€™s safe or not as I have yet to do the research fully. @ReikoX said not to use this but idk why. I had intended to try to use some at least when I add new topsoil as itā€™s heavily eroded now. The rootball starts at 1 inch down. Is that bad? Iā€™m assuming it is as I keep being told to go 2 inches down, but i tear roots when I do.

Garlic may like way more water or more nutes than the plants. Who cares really? Garlic is 33 cents lol

Like I said before. All my autos seem to go through water at different speeds. Some days only 1 is thirsty, another time itā€™s 3 days to water, some days 1ā€¦ itā€™s a mystery. lol

1 Like

Itā€™s honestly why I seem to react defensive when Iā€™m told to water at a specific time interval.

I didnā€™t think to mention it on the other thread, but I think I read somewhere that the timing of waterings can stress out plants too. If you skip one for example I mean. I keep hearing people mention reduced yeilds from a watering schedule not kept to like itā€™s something they canā€™t recover from. Based on context Iā€™ve been assuming itā€™s because it causes stress to the plants when theyā€™re hungry/thirsty

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a slow release fert. I use it in my potting soil for veggies. Totally afraid of time release in my mj. Want way more control than that.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the jest of itā€¦

2 Likes

Well yeah over or under is stressful on plants. I just check mine every morning and give them what they want. Sometimes itā€™s LITFA. lol A lot of the growers here are under lights, different medium, and may be growing all of the same strain at the same time. I have all the same strain and some still act a little different from one another. You, my friend have what 4 different strains in the same medium? My guess is they all want something different, hence your challenge. Next time if you want to put it all in the same bucket, you may want to at least grow all the same strain. lol

1 Like

Next time I grow all in 1 Iā€™ll be probably using clones tbh. Unless those can different in intake as well. My original idea was to have a interconnected root system. Like how nature ensures a Grove of trees for example can stay alive even in harsh conditions. You can chop a single tree in a Grove down, but if you donā€™t remove the stump it stays alive. The other trees keep it alive on a sort of life support through the roots. I found that incredibly interesting and before I did my research properly to see if cannabis behaves the same or not I had already done it.

1 Like

I donā€™t know. Too many types of trees and they are perennial, not annual. I wouldnā€™t think to really compare the two. My flowers canā€™t even be treated the same as my veggies or trees or bulbsā€¦ perrennial, annual, deciduous, non-deciduous etc etc etcā€¦

Even multiples of the same plant will choke each other out tooā€¦

1 Like

My main thing I have an issue with on this grow is I never get to feed them straight water. By the time the soil dries itā€™s time to fert feed again. Now that itā€™s drying much faster I can hope that will change.

If I feed them nothing but fert water Iā€™m sure thatā€™s not good. Eventually a toxicity would pop out. Maybe Iā€™m wrong and itā€™s not the same with megacrop, but if I canā€™t avoid the drying time what should I do about my watering schedule? I feel like I should give them straight water between fertilizer feeds to avoid a salt buildup, but again idk if thatā€™s going to happen unless I skip a fert day to give straight water instead.

I feed mine twice then straight water the third time. But I still only water the top two inches.
by about a week to week and a half they have had 27.5 grams of megacrop split into 2 feeds

Iā€™m using the soft bags to grow in thoughā€¦ havenā€™t had to flush, the salts leach out through the bags. You should be able to see the salt when it does build up to do a flush if you are in plastic or say a clay pot.

Your leaves are probably so dark because they never get straight waterā€¦ Try just water next time and see what happens, certainly wonā€™t kill them. :wink:

1 Like