The soil dried out pretty fast. When I went 2 inches down where the garlic I had to pull out and the basil in the corner as well I saw it had moisture, but was as moist as cocoa powder. The edges of the soil were caving in. I can one arm lift the bin again to separate the 2 bins. It's officially dry enough to water. I added 200ml of fpj and 5ml of the soap to 3.5L of water. One of those 2 if not the decomposed garlic in the soil helped. The garlic I pulled was mushy and rotted on bottom. The basil I pulled actually had perfectly fine roots. They just never took in the soil. They were the same as when I put the cutting in the soil. If anything it had whiter roots than it went in with.
Anyways I changed my watering technique. Instead of using the Solo cup to water with I chose to use the Conair spray bottle instead. I spray the soil first to rehydrate it evenly. Then I should keep doing that until the water is gone, but I didn't. Instead I used the bottle as a lower pressure watering tool instead. Very slowly pouring water over the bases being careful not to pour it over the middle or let it run to the middle if possible. 4oz water was poured on the middle. I have a feeling it's where all the moisture retained. Also I only ever removed the main root from the males after I pulled them. Not even sure I got it all, but it didn't look cut when I got the 2 inch roots out. I expected them to be larger when I pulled them out TBH. I'm assuming some level of decomposition is happening in there with the old roots or they are grabbing, but not using moisture. Whatever the case I'm giving the middle less water.
Not 1 catnip seed sprouted. Ah well.
No megacrop this time. I'm gonna see how my ladies do with no added fert this time. I made sure to water Harmony more than the others as always. Sadie as always doesn't mind one way or the other if she has more or less. Either that or I've conveniently nailed her needs each time, but with the Double Helix pattern and density of her buds I'd say she's doing best and idk why.🤷🏻♂️
I've definitely noticed in the first 2 hours after lights on they drink a lot. The rate slows down after 2 hours, but maybe it stops and I can't tell. I watered when I did after noting the soil was significantly dryer than it was a few hours ago. They're thirsty today and I'm not going to dehydrate them if I know they want water. Guess it's LITFA the next couple of days now. Just staring at the girls until I can't anymore. IDK why, but I just love staring at them move around. They don't really move a lot, but they catch the air from the AC after it hits something and that's moving them gently on top.
Also I just bothered to test my corncobs temp and they radiate 150°f heat on them and it drops to 80f at 6 inches away. The tops of Sadie and Holly are both at 86f average. Now Harmony too after the light change. At least I know my vpd, but not quite sure how to use that info with my tired brain rn. On fumes waiting to pass out.