Is it your first grow?

85f and 55% humidity before lights out.

Ingrid

Sadie

Harmony

Holly

The sticky traps came in the nematodes box

3 Likes

Harmony is yellowing fast again, but up top spread to the bottom pretty evenly this time. I’m at 7 weeks and 3 days in 12/12 now. Since IDK the genotype at all, in truth I’m just observing them to see when it’s time.

It looks like Harmony is getting mostly cloudy trichome heads as well.

Is it just me or does it seem like Harmony might be a 8-9 week strain?

1 Like

Does anyone have opinions on types of fabric pots?
I’m getting my cart set up for when I get the cash to order Supplies for my next grow

I found a few good deals, but idk if I can get a better deal if I go elsewhere.

The nursery bags seem interesting as an alternative to solo cups for the seedling stage and I might like to grab those actually. Pretty cheap tbh

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking of going old school
https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-8423/Burlap-and-Cloth-Bags/Burlap-Bags-12-x-20?

Note: No idea of the quality from the company I just linked. It was the first most relevant site that came up in a google search

1 Like

Those sound interesting. Would there be any reason why I shouldn’t use burlap for growing?

Actually I’ve seen that burlap can have deterioration issues looking it up now, so I think I’ll stick with fabric pots for my options. I found a pack of 5 tan 7 gallon bags for 7.98.

I’ll definitely be wanting to grab those. I’ve heard colors other than black are preferred anyways, so the fact that the tan is cheaper than the black one is just tempting me.

Is this indoor our outdoor?
Why not just rip the top off a Roots Organic and plant direct in the bag.
It’s a 10 gallon bag on the original and they actually encourage it…

All my fabric are 1 or 2 gallon size (8 and 10 inch saucer) or will line a
plastic mesh basket with barrier cloth for same effect with more support.

1 Like

I’m indoor. Outdoor is not a option for me.

I opened the window and let some fresh air inside. The sun is so intense rn I made use of see mirrors to reflect the light directly on the lower sections and Ingrid now is getting plenty of light as well on her top.

Let’s see if this plan is going to work out or not.

Not much change that’s different from the usual. Soil is drying out faster now. The traps have been catching flyers pretty well now on day 2. Hopefully I didn’t get one of the DOA nematodes, but I still have another sponge to use just in case I did this one wrong.

Harmony is rapidly losing leaves. Apparently the leaves snapped at a point near the base partially and that’s causing the color change. At the rate she loses leaves I can only hope the trend doesn’t continue to the buds or hasn’t already.

1 Like

just had a thought…

i’ve had a strain locally called “Ingrid”… very good.

http://rcpsacramento.org/images/stories/flowers/ingrid.jpg

“original afghani X organic swiss big bud” is what the claim is.

I dunno if my image link is allowed or not. i definitely don’t want to advertise for the “vendor” there.

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I saw an immediate change in temperature and humidity once I opened the window as well.
I moved the rest of the fans back in the grow room. I have 1 on the soil level to do it’s thing, the other one oscillating on high and never points to the plants while having one point exhausting the air out the doorway, and the air purifier pointed out the doorway constantly.

Did you find a source for that?
(To be fair, it’s a trick question. Burlap is the industry standard for a reason. It will break down eventually, but it is not quick at all.)

1 Like

It’s just a lot of different forums I’ve seen where it’s discussed. 1st page on a burlap sack as a fabric pot search gives me a whole page of different forums discussing it. I just woke up, so I’ll have to find the link in question, but if it has a risk of being a one time use, then I’ll spend a little more to ensure it won’t happen.

I don’t want to have to find out about issues from leaving for a day when the bag burst after I left or something. I believe burlap is woven though correct?

Edit: I’m pretty sure woven materials are bad to use. I want to say I remember it being because they can pinch roots or something.

I’ve learned I can manually control focus, but I have to take the picture with my voice or I have no option to take one that close. At least I’ve learned to take acceptable macro shots.
Ingrid

Sadie

Harmony

Holly

Canopy

Soil and traps

4 Likes

…consider using a plastic laundry basket, lined with synthetic cloth(e.g. weed-blocking fabric) or even a woven plastic tarp. it won’t biodegrade and will breathe a lot. line the bottom 3-4" with perlite or lava rock. a cat litter pan can work for draining into.

for indoor soil i use 60% perlite to keep it from going soggy(my lighting is weak and temps usually cool).

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I was going to mix in at least 50% pearlite next grow😁
I regret not listening to my grandfather

3 Likes

He’ll be here soon to visit, so I’ll be able to get his help with the grow while he’s here. Not sure how much he can do, but if he can help I’ll take it.

I use the ones with handles. Just easier to move around. lol They are a pain in the ass though if you need to transplant. I had to cut my bags more than once to uppot and literally rip the roots off the bottom of the bag. I find them perfect for autos though

1 Like

I had heard that planting in the final pot is recommended. Also what’s your thoughts on biodegradable nursery bags for the first stages?