My first bagseed grow

I opened the window and I’ll catch the sun when it comes out today, but worst case I get fresh air and no sun. It seems to be getting brighter out. I’m used to a 4am bright AF sunlight schedule. This is actually the first morning I’ve been up for in awhile.

I had to burp the jug. I added mosquito bits to it to concentrate them in the mix. Apparently it really made the gas release strong.

It might be watering day tomorrow.

By the time I finished typing that, the sun came out to say hi.

I’ll adjust the mirrors now. I saw decent growth compared to yesterday.

It seems watering day is tomorrow unless I should keep the soil moisture for now. The surface is dry, but right under it’s dark and not that moist rn.

I checked at 7 and it was watering time. They were thirsty this time.

Harmony is losing almost all of her fan leaves. Holly is getting some yellow leaves now. Sadie has a rust spot on one of her few chlorotic leaves. Ingrid is high in nitrogen with her dark green leaves, but she’s lost 1 or 2 this week.

The garlic chive is somehow still alive. The planted garlic is all wilted and dead now. Mint is still thriving despite it’s issues. Basil might be dead soon. Under the nematodes sponge I saw a seedling. No idea what kind, but it’s doing extremely well and has vigour, so I’ll leave it alone in the middle there. I moved the sponge out of it’s way and gave it some light and air.

The traps are working really well.

I watered with a gallon of water that’s been soaking in a cup of mosquito bits for the last few days.

On a side note note I’m really excited for Harmony come harvest. She’s bulking up again. She smells like feet though.

Sadie is getting a vanilla, Woody, Berry, and skunk note. I smell cheese too, but maybe it’s just me.

Ingrid is pine and skunk.

Holly is pine and citrus. I’ll say I chose the right name with her LoL :rofl:

3 Likes

Sounds like they are heading into plant senescence (plant death). They should slow down their feeding and start to get their fade on. I believe you said they are 7 weeks? Despite the rocky start, it looks like you will have a bountiful harvest.

3 Likes

Just in time for my grandfather to get here. He’ll be happy to teach me how to harvest

2 Likes

I’ll take a picture once I’m awake more, but Ingrid is resembling a Haze plant in how she’s growing her buds. Interesting…
She’s still stretching even now.

Something I’ve noticed is that some of the calyx and pistils never grewpast that on the other 3 plants up top unlike Harmony who has a full top and the rest with a single spiral around the stem and the rest that would become the other spiral just never grew. Can anyone explain that to me?

I used hemp wick to tie the plants towards the corners. Not tight. Very gently. Tbh the knots can come undone if the wax melts off. I don’t want to risk cutting into the stems, but they need more light to the lower nodes and Ingrid is getting swallowed again. I also pruned off any dead leaves. Wound up with a handful of them, but with them gone the plants can work on budding better and not trying to save the dead leaves.

I have the light leaks sealed ATM and I already noticed a difference in growth. :man_facepalming:t2:
Harmony is looking a little bit foxtailed now, but after doing some research I guess I could have stunted them with light leaks. I’ll see in the end. I’m not getting the tent after all, so I’ll need to find a magical asspull to keep them in a controlled environment now while they dry after harvest.

I’m home now. I just checked on the plants. They’ve filled out a little bit more since I last saw them. Unfortunately tomorrow they’re going to be getting less light tomorrow. Electric is getting shut off for the day to work on the meter.
I’ll have around 7 hours on and if the sun is out I’ll use that for the rest of the lights on schedule to try and avoid too much stress from this sadly unavoidable circumstance.

Oh yeah! Also Sadie o think is either turning purple or grey around her top. It’s been happening very slowly, so I’m not thinking mold. I know that I popped 2 seeds from bud that I was told was purple og from a buddy I trust, but there’s still the chance it wasn’t. Black market bud, blah, blah, blah…

I’ll snap pics if you want me to, but I believe a few of the macro shots caught it in basically the same as I see now. ATM it’s around the edges spreading inward.

I’ll be seeing what kind of pictures I can take with a nice camera tomorrow. The same camera that snapped my avatar picture in fact, so I’m really curious what kind of pics I can take for you all to see.

I’m excited for this grow. My grandpa is telling me my plants are bigger and have grown more bud than the ones he grew outside in Cali. Though he grows from clones only and is a old-school grower that could probably use some help from you all to improve his yeild. I think he said he uses 5 gallon pots, so IDK if it’s just that he didn’t veg it long enough.

What do you all think could be why my indoor grow is going better than his outdoor grows usually do? It’s been bugging me since he said that.

I’ll take pictures later, but with the gentle tying of the plants to give them more light seems to have worked out perfectly. I watered with the last of my fpj, megacrop, the last of my Castile soap, and 50 drops of essential oil (lemon, sweet orange, vanilla, lavender, sandalwood, and caryophyllene).

6g Castile soap, 14.55g megacrop, 92g fpj that no longer produces carbonation, 50 drops essential oil (I realized that it’s a lot only now, but with that much in it I still could barely smell it), and 2 gallons of water. I watered with 1 litre of the mix and stored the rest in the dresser for later.

After I gently moved the plants outward a little I’m seeing the soil is drying much more evenly now as well, so double bonus LoL.

Now I can give the lower growth more light and all the plants seem to enjoy their new positions from what I can see. They’re giving off heavy smell. I only find this out after I’ve been away for a few days like this week. I’m even more excited to smoke these once they finish.

Harmony is definitely approaching harvest soon. Her red hairs are now curled in like I see most bud sold in the streets. I know it can look better though, so I’ll give her see more time. I’m seeing a trend of around 4 weeks from the time you see the red hairs start to get around 50% of the overall pistils and 50% of all pistils are curled in. Still not many cloudy Thrichomes if any yet. So far I only see clear trichomes on all of them.

1 Like

I believe you said he grows outdoors with clones? If so, clones will bud at the same time as the mother plant. He probably isn’t getting enough veg time. Tell him to start from seed next year

1 Like

That’s if you clone from autoflowers, which is a bad idea anyways due to low yields. It could be planting them later than he should, or not letting them veg inside first for a while before planting them outside, or a multitude of environmental factors. That being said, he’s growing in 5 gallon pots… so while technically still an outside plant, the roots are still limited to the 5 gallon pot, so it might be getting rootbound faster than it would in an indoor controllable environment.

2 Likes

I know he uses a tent to veg indoors, but I’m sure it’s a short period. When discussing my harvest time his reaction was that it was way too long.

I guess his style is more geared towards old-school recreational grow times, but either way I’m going to have him try to use a longer veg time and larger pots if he insists on using one.

I know some on here told me to flip much sooner as well.

The reason why I waited so long was for genetic stability or as much as I could provide anyways. I can’t remember who said it on here rn, but someone has a amazing post talking about waiting for presex to fully express before flipping seems to show a low tendency if at all to Herm from light stress.

I understand the base logic if it’s not true though. Something around fully deciding on the hormones it’s producing if any of the other sex at all. If allowed to fully develop sex across the plant and given a couple of weeks to stabilize before flipping to flower you would as I understand it see very little tendency to Herm and more likely stunt instead.
If I understood it correctly that’s an amazing find if I can hunt the thread down now.
So far I’m seeing a benefit of doing it though. I just wish I had trained them SoG style.

2 Likes

Yeah, mine currently I let veg probably longer than I should, since it’s now almost outgrowing my tent, starting the 4’th week of flower, but, being as it was my first grow, I had some complications I felt required longer veg. My next run, now that I’ve gotten the “hang” of it, will be a multiple plant of 2-liter sea of green.

1 Like

I’m with you there. Those coke bottle colas I want to try to grow someday. If I’m lucky maybe grow 2, but I’ll work towards it if I have to

1 Like

I haven’t added any pics in awhile.
Let’s fix that.

Canopy

Ingrid

Sadie

Here’s her frosty bottom cola

Harmony

Here’s a few pics from last night too. That cola just looks so good

Holly

I wish I kept them in perfect darkness properly earlier.

Yesterday the power went out 4 hours early because they were working on the meter. Tomorrow apparently I can expect the same again.

Is it too much to ask for them to at least have a set time for when they can come by? It’s getting really annoying never knowing when they’ll arrive or when they’re going to finish if at all that day.

5 Likes

Hopefully they are far along enough now that these interruptions shouldn’t cause them too much stress…

1 Like

I hope so as well. So far no signs of stress.
In fact they seem better than usual. I might try a experiment on another grow to test that thought.

A question though. I know alien times are not natural, but if you were to have them know nothing else other than the alien day/night length would it be less stressful on them or are they hard programmed genetically to follow a 24 hour schedule?