My first bagseed grow

So apparently after adding up the smells Sadie gives off she apparently smells like a pepperberry wreath.

Interesting.

No significant improvement today. Looking like I’m just waiting for the day to harvest now.

I might have accidentally supercrop a lower branch on Harmony when attempting to try and gently rotate the branch upwards, but worst case scenario I have a tiny amount that’ll be sampled earlier than the rest

These 2 little things have some vigour. They’re surviving the drought better than any of the seedlings in this soil have ever. They actually seem unaffected by the dry soil? Interesting…

Also I have no idea what those came from. They could be the catnip for all I know. They never sprouted, so who knows unless someone recognizes the seedlings, but I don’t think they look any different from a cannabis seedling tbh.

Also here’s a pic of the branch in question

Hopefully I’m not fucked there. I was only trying to rotate it.

Note to self: don’t touch the plants until harvest unless I see issues. That branch didn’t seem to mind it’s position. Only I seem to care if it’s pointed up or having the side face the lights I think. It’s getting big though. That string was added for support as it was getting weighed down where it was.

They all seem to love the new positions I put them in, so next grow I’m definitely training even if I have to use hemp wick and pantyhose LoL. I love my mom. She has so many interesting experiences in life. That was her suggestion to use the pantyhose as that’s what they used to use years ago for training LoL :rofl:.

3 Likes

Well I definitely fucked up before when I had damaged the stem. I have it tied up now as it was folded over.
It’s very stupid looking, but to fix a stupid mistake I have to do something about it.

For now the stem is corrected. Wish me luck with that stem. If it decides to shrivel I’ll just snip it off and start drying it.

Of all things to happen the bud on there got bigger after the fold. I’m positive it’s just me seeing things. I’m definitely not doing that stupid mistake again. Though I say that I’m sure I will. Until it’s ingrained in memory and habits I’ll be probably making it more times while I’m half asleep doing something stupid.

You know I swear my “mistakes” are just unconscious level self sabotage. Sometimes it can work out, but I’m not relying on the odds being in my favor.

That’s the end for my update rn. My back is killing me and it hurts to breathe deep. I’ll check on the plants when I’m up.

2 Likes

Grab some black electrical tape. It’s a life saver. I use it when I supercrop a little to hard and snap a stem .

3 Likes

I use white mini Duck tape myself… might as well aid in light reflection a little :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I don’t have any on hand ATM, but it appears to be healing now that I gave it the Support it can’t on it’s own now. I straightened up the stem and the wick isn’t pulling, but it’s too close to the buds for my taste. It causes no damage to the stems even if they pull close to a taut string. I’d assume the beeswax has something to do with that? I’d rather use something else, but it’s all I have on hand rn.

2 Likes

When I checked on Sadie after inspecting Harmony I saw this

Idk what I’m looking at, but I hope it’s not seed pods or balls. That would really suck, but if it’s her time it’s her time. Lmk what you all think?

1 Like

Looks like seeds. Have you checked the rest of the plant for bananas?

It is possible for them to produce seeds with no nanners. Just means your strain is unstable

Edit : pluck one out very carefully and try and pop it . If it pops they aren’t mature . If it does, harvest. The good side of this is you’ll end up with more seeds if they are mature

1 Like

It’s really in there deep, but I’ll do my best to try. I’ll just get myself together first as I’ll need the energy at that angle with my back.

Yep seedpods. I crushed 1 to get one out. Not even a seed in there yet. They just showed up today, so now I’m torn TBH. I know I want to plant Sadie again and if the seeds will be close I’ll want to grow her out more. Plus she’s turning purple now. Very slightly, but at a faster pace now. I can’t wait to see the time she starts to switch from green to purple if I’m seeing this right. It’s like a slow start increasing the speed with each pass. Each night she adds a little bit more, but it was just some purple tips at first.

Is it bad that most things I’ve wished for this grow just seemed to happen? I actually wished for this to happen to Sadie. I want her to be able to be grown again. I know my grandfather will want a few for himself as well. That Berry aroma is unreal. the AC was off for a day and I only just now caught it. The temps were pretty much the same tbh.

1 Like

You don’t really want to grow them seeds out, it’ll just lead to even more seeds next run. There’s always more fish in the sea.

3 Likes

Okay. Ah well. I have plenty of seeds now. I’ll plant a lot next time and since it’s mostly autos I’ll have a harvest right around the time I flip the photos to flower

1 Like

I’ll work on getting a tent later. Once I harvest all 4 plants I’ll have my time and money freed up to get stuff as I can. No more panic purchases. Since I have the time after too I’ll be able to find somewhere to work as well. Idk what happened, but the last few days my psychosis and stress levels just plummeted and it’s taken next to nothing to get high to the point of the sweats. I know my base tolerance before I ever started to smoke was so low I could stretch 3.5g bud over a month whole smoking every time the high ran out after 4-6 hours depending in the day. Dealers hated me. At my lowest tolerance I’ve ever had I could get high and medicated both off a single good puff of my bowl and I corner, so at the amount burnt I could smoke a single bowl over a week. I’m going to grab it back tomorrow. I’m out of papers and I miss that piece. It was my first bowl.

I’ll have to double-check my research, but I stopped ghosting all my hits a few years ago after I had read that after a certain point you don’t absorb anything else. I find that hard to believe. I’d believe more that you absorb more bad with the good if smoking and the longer hits just give more of the carcinogens in the smoke to your system tbh. If I ghost it that’s a visual for absorption imo. Either way I’m high and rambling after I had a muffcake right before I started to type this. Apparently they kick in immediately

It just occurred to me that the evolving smell with Sadie stopped weeks ago. She’s been a amazing Berry aroma for the whole time and it’s just recently gotten better smelling. That was her making the sesquiterpenes I think. I want to make a tincture with some of her immediately after harvest tbh. I’ll let it evaporate and I’ll have something close to live resin. Those tastes though I and have to have now. The way I feel rn after I had edibles is how I feel after I smell her and then smoke. I don’t squeeze the buds at all. At most they touch my nose at a tiny point for a fraction of a second as I don’t like anything to touch my nose. I do my best to not disturb trichomes as much as possible. If I want to sample the oils I’ll do it after harvest.

1 Like

I’ll have to take pics once I get a good charge on my phone. I looked over all 4 plants all over for an hour now. It should that only that 1 branch has seeds. Sadie is foxtailed bad now. On the branch I’m actually seeing a seed or something that appears to be a dull green sheen peeking through the calyx.

Only Sadie is doing this. Making me wonder if one of the insects that wandered in had some pollen on them. When I took out the males one did brush Sadie, but they weren’t making pollen yet we’re they? So far I seem to have dodged a bullet. I’ll see at harvest. Most of the calyxes from a long time ago seem to be more swelled than the rest have done. Can I hope that Sadie was seeded from one of the males somehow? I remember her explosion on growth seemed to have stopped suddenly before she started to foxtail like this. Makes me wonder now if what I’m seeing happened then.

This update took 10% battery to type. I need a new phone

1 Like

Charging the phone still. So far it’s just that lower branch showing seed pods too. The rest of her is only showing regular growth except severe foxtailing.

I’ll be taking pictures with my grandpa later today as well, so I’ll hold off on taking a lot rn. I’ll focus on that lower branch and the things that stand out.

Clean shot of a pod. They’re green, but they formed this fast in a couple of days.

Can someone please tell me how long it takes to get for seeds to mature?
I’ve done a thorough inspection and there are no bananas or pollen sacs anywhere. It appears they just got pollinated somehow and I’m positive it was near the start of flower now. I’ve had suspicion about Sadie from the start. I remember awhile back I had asked everyone if it was a pollen sack or just a fat calyx near the beginning. When I pulled the males I was extra careful with Harmony and Ingrid, but Sadie and maybe Holly got brushed by a male on it’s way out. I remember freaking out about that too. After this post I’ll scroll up to see a time frame on when it looks like they were pollinated.

1 Like

They usually take between 3 and 4 weeks to mature . Sometimes it can happen In 2 but it’s not likely.

1 Like

Well hopefully my grandpa can see the plants in the morning and he can tell me how long I have to harvest on Sadie and if she was pollinated or started to self pollinate. I know he wants some seeds and if it’s possible I want him to teach me to harvest in person though before he leaves.

He says it’s time soon. He prefers sativa though, so that would explain it. I like Indica as I like to smoke less to ease my anxiety and not have the surprise anxiety day weed won’t help.

I checked my scope and Harmony is still clear trichomes. I will look at Sadie’s soon.

1 Like