My first bagseed grow

Definitaly wait for amber in that case. :+1::seedling:

1 Like

So I saw this on Sadie. I have no idea what caused the stems to get so thick, but I’d like to know if anyone has a idea.

2 Likes

I saw this on Holly when I checked tonight. I have no idea what’s happening with the stem here

I’m harvesting some of the bud in the morning.
A few branches are taking over the grow and shading Ingrid. The cuts I take I’ll not dry one. I’ll process it into oil with everclear and after the soak I’ll check for seeds. Most of the cuts will be to test heat my preference in harvest for this strain is. I plan to take a cutting and clone it from Sadie. Especially if I’ll be flowering Ingrid for awhile I can take a daylight corncob out and use it to veg the cuttings I take and make a bonsai mother. I see she has the vigor to handle what I’m doing to her apparently. I have a closet that will be perfect for it. The 24w will barely take any electricity and I can get a small fan to fit in there too.

Looks like a fungal infection, like a gall, but I’ve never seen that on cannabis.

1 Like

From my research I came up with gall too. I saw in my Sadie pics that I’m ready to start harvest very soon. The stems are growing now like a main stem. They were ballooning up today and tonight they’re looking like a slightly thinner version of the main stem. It’s already as thick as Ingrid above her cut scars.
@Worcestershire_Farms any clue why this could be happening?

At this point the yeild isn’t huge, but it’s a learning experience for me, som not expecting a pound or up yeild.

If it is indeed the same as a gall that I’m thinking of… A bacteria or fungal spore hijacks the cells, and throws hormone production out of wack to force em to create an environment where the pathogen can proliferate.

1 Like

I guess we’ll see soon. I’ll be doing a partial harvest tomorrow morning and if needed a full harvest. The lower buds still sparkle, but the tops are just shiny now. Even without looking at macro I know the tops are cloudy now based solely off the reflection of light they give off. If I have time to let the grow out after tomorrow I’ll let the last buds I harvest get Amber heads.

@Worcestershire_Farms do you know why only 1 branch would look to be developing seeds and no other part of the plant? From what I’ve read that can be from a true hermaphrodite supposedly. No bananas at all though. I spent 2 hours total yesterday looking all over them all. Each node making sure to look close for anything that isn’t a pistil sticking out. A good amount of round calyx, but all of them had a hard time spitting out the hairs and wound up showing both white and red hairs at the same time popping out. I thought she had seeds so many times it’s annoying. This last scare is ral though and I do see seeds on that branch at the end. A decent size too. Turning a gray end of green now, so I’m not sure when they got pollinated, but I know that one branch is the only one showing seeds that developed big enough to see in the open calyx.

I’m going to start a partial harvest today. Lights are about to go out though. Is it bad if I do it at night?

If you have them in 12/12 flower cycle, yeah… the rest might have issues with some going herm during flower

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I was checking since the harvest moon and all that.

1 Like

Per my grandfather’s instructions I defoliated again. I left all sugar leaves. I gave them a small interruption in the light cycle, but based off the lower trichomes I’m near the end for the 3 tall girls.

While cutting off leaves I wound up snipping a popcorn bud off Sadie.

How should I dry and cure it for a smoke test?

I inspected the plants now that the leaves are gone and I see that Sadie is almost finished based off of the reflection of light her trichomes give off, but I’ll give her a little longer. She’s really starting to turn purple now. I got a couple of good shots of her top, but the rest is turning purple fast now.

Now I’m torn between harvesting her soon or waiting for her color change to finish. I’ll inspect the heads later and see if I can’t find Amber. If I still see clear heads like on the small bud I cut off I know I have more time.

2 Likes

Maybe I do have a Coke bottle Cola, but I’m not exactly sure if this one qualifies.

I still have to get a few fan leaves later, but depending on the way they handle the pruning over the next couple of weeks will tell me how I did. At the rate the trichomes are developing I’m still not at the end yet. Mostly clear heads still. Just turning milky on the tops. The occasional Amber in there, but I’m pretty sure the gnats are disturbing them and oxidizing some. The lower buds are all clear heads. The hairs on the lower buds are turning purple too. The tiny bud I saw had a half and half purple and orange pistil.

I’m intrigued to see if the moment I see the Amber I want I’ll have a purple Sadie. Holly is also going purple, but at a much faster rate than Sadie by comparison. She’s more evenly spread at the rate Sadie started. I’m going to say that Sadie and Holly are the Purple OG seeds I popped. No idea what males pollinated the bagseed if not Herm.

They’ve already responded to the pruning by growing more leaves and stretching the ones too close to the buds already.

3 Likes

I caught a small patch of mold on Harmony during my usual inspection soon after lights out. Tonight was the first night with the AC on 70 instead of 75 like usual. I cut it off and I’m about to go and spray the spot with peroxide to be safe. It wasn’t a usual mold I expected to see. It was a grey and black fuzzy smudge I had to look close at to be safe. I thought it might be bug poop. I’m honestly assuming the mystery specks of dirt are bug poop. I’m glad I caught it when I did. That wasn’t there 2 hours ago. Mold really is a overnight killer.

Okay, so I sprayed the plants with 3% peroxide.
No foaming occurred. I sprayed the buds and all. A fan is on them now as they dry.

I’ll keep checking up on them through the night to be safe.

Should I try and wait or chop em down now? I’d rather keep them growing a bit longer, though it seems Harmony might have some bananas now.

2 Likes

Harmony is starting to turn Yellow on her sugar leaves now. It shouldn’t be long before at least a partial harvest, but I’ll do what I gotta do.

I finally took some more pics. I’ve been slacking LoL

Here’s Harmony. I thought it might be PM, but I’m not sure after looking at close-ups. It looks more like I snipped too far in the stem on top. I’d definitely rather have a partial harvest than losing it to mold🤦🏻‍♂️

Her leaves are going back and forth between yellowing and turning green again. Maybe it was the peroxide. She appears to be losing the yellow on top and having it more evenly spread with a deeper green as it recovers it would appear. Lmk what I’m looking at if anyone knows

Now the normal shots
Harmony

Sadie

Holly

Ingrid

That’s all I have for now. I’m heading out for a day in a few minutes

1 Like

My old eyes :eyeglasses: dont see any bud rot, but pictures under yellow HPS makes it hard to see what the plant really looks like.

Otherwise all I see is several plants entering senescence (plant death) just like they should. Keep an eye on those trichomes, they are close.

1 Like

I’ve been eyeing them as often as possible. That scare I had is why after I saw it wasn’t returning even with a 70-80% humidity night last night that I decided I needed a day away to calm down and not jump the gun when I’m so close to finishing. A day away shouldn’t be too bad. Famous last words🤦🏻‍♂️

I broke down and smoked that popcorn bud I accidentally chopped off and honestly no regrets. It was getting more damp feeling every day, so I smoked it before it went moldy.

I’ll say I definitely taste the megacrop in the plants.

My smoke report gives it flying colors. Medical and recreational. Maybe CBC or CBG instead of CBD. With how little I mixed in the cone I wasn’t expecting this much relief without losing some of the high. Clear trichome head Sadie is a super strong sativa with great medical benefits for muscle relaxing, nerve pain, and depression. I’m actually almost tripping it’s so good! :grin: Crazy euphoria with a sense of wonder and everything is so surreal. Big time munchies. I was having appetite issues today and now I’m just plain hungry.

For taste it’s actually complex. It’s not a pure smoke report, but I didn’t have enough to get one.
Vanilla, Berry, mango, and floral notes are the most prominent flavors with subtle sour notes and mildly earthy.
Megacrop taste was there strong, but that’s not a part of the strain. My other plants grown with it taste like it when eaten too and they’re in water/megacrop and that’s it.
The chafe mixed in for volume and because it was too dry is 50/50 earthy taste with strong notes of hashishene.
The megacrop taste as I put it has been in everything I’ve grown with it. The basil I grew had the strongest flavor in it and maybe it was caryophyllene, anise, minor menthol notes, and whatever else in basil that makes it unique tasting that with a earthy note mixed in gives that megacrop taste.
I guess the megacrop taste is more of a basil note with earthy and savoury/sweet undertones blended in perfectly almost like it’s bonded in it’s own Terpenoid. A similar taste to what I get from organically grown bud. I can taste the soil it’s grown in. The mint and basil both have the taste of what megacrop smells like and the smoke test definitely had that taste come though in other words

With the hashishene in such prominent flavor overall it means Sadie is high in myrcene and it might explain the disappearance of the skunky notes I missed.

Understanding how hashishene is formed makes me wonder what happens to each of the other terpenes and cannabinoids after UV exposure causes it to oxidize into a Terpenoid or anything else that can happen with a lot of molecules doing that at once. I’d imagine some could combine with others while they’re in transition if they’re moving around during that time. IDK I’m just high and in deep thought. Another plus for Sadie is the high is introspective.

ADHD currently gone. The pain in my neck when I turn my head is gone too. Apparently I might have nerve damage somewhere in my neck.
No cold feeling in my hands or feet currently too, so that’s a really huge plus.
I feel a little more unaware, but I’m attributing that to me no longer having noise pollution and being unable to look at anything for very long without needing to look at anything else before I jump out of my skin.
I have less issues with memory recall as well. That’s usually a big issue is focusing long enough to remember something.
My eyesight is much better rn as well. Colors pop and simple things like leaves in a tree make a pattern that fascinates me that I’m usually unable to see as I usually just see a blurry mesh of leaves and that’s it. Now I know that “HD” effect I get sometimes when high is from my eyes being medicated properly.

Now as for the high itself it’s a little bit trippy. Zero anxiety or depression, but extreme euphoria and relaxation with enough energy to get up and do things without losing my high to OCD. No rapid heartbeat or negative effects so far.
Something I’ve only noticed as I reached the end of my update is that I’m breathing really deep with no issue. I have severe asthma and I can usually only take shallow breath’s unless I can cough up about 8oz of fluid/mucous out of my lungs. Also I haven’t had a muscle twitch in over an hour now.

I’m honestly really pleasantly surprised at how much I like Sadie. When I did a dab that I swabbed her trichomes with to get her profile on the dab awhile ago I got a strong CBG effect where my back would realign itself regardless of what I’m doing or the position of my back at that time. I get a less intense version of that now.

If anyone has some insight on what could be causing what effect I feel I’d love to see if I can’t pinpoint the profile on Sadie.

Also this post legit took 60 minutes to finish. It’s almost like you can see how it effected me as I was typing LoL :rofl:

3 Likes