My first bagseed grow

Whatever the top pic is that plant looks done to me. Orange receding pistils

1 Like

The trichomes are still clear though. Not cloudy on her yet even on the top. Though an occasional Amber pops up here and there.

After finding that mold Iā€™ve got myself all paranoid how that I have budrot. Iā€™ll find out in the morning what the deal is with the plants. Even without being home I can find out with some help. I didnā€™t see anything come back after I sprayed the plants with peroxide directly. Either way Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m chopping Harmony down once Iā€™m back home. With hall that happened Iā€™m taking a better safe than sorry approach. Without the tent now Iā€™ll need to find a way to dry these in a controlled environment. I have a small space with no escape from light for the most part. Iā€™ll probably see if I canā€™t rip out the closet shelf and try in there.

They discuss herming and mold here

1 Like

Whew! :sweat_smile:
Itā€™s sooty mold I found. I feel a bit better. Not great, but Iā€™ll take that over budrot any day. Yeah Iā€™ve honestly been looking for an excuse though. In the article you linked though it was mentioned that regardless the trichomes are still the best marker for when itā€™s finished and honestly my plants seem to be good examples of that at 10 weeks and still clear heads. Sadie and Hollyā€™s tops are almost fully cloudy, but no Amber yet. The lower buds are all clear with no cloudy or Amber.

Tbh it definitely gets hard to know what to do when everything I read tells me my plants arenā€™t done yet aside from herming out. What can cause the trichome heads to not change from clear at all?

The main reason(I definitely canā€™t state it enough) why I want to wait until Amber(of course mold and other nasties making the exception) is I am growing these for many reasons, but pain relief takes the top spot. Once the effects of the small taste I had of an immature Sadie lower bud wore off I was in horrible pain at a 9-10 going back and forth between the 2. I had to have my GF roll me out of bed, so I could lay in the fetal position as that was the only position that doesnā€™t hurt at a 10 during a flare-up. Also she fed me edibles while I couldnā€™t move. It relaxes my back slightly enough to relieve a little pain and with her help once I was at a 9 I popped my back and just ripped the band-aid. Also the pain relief from popping my back is about the only thing that allows me to move anymore. If I donā€™t pop my back in the section it hurts Iā€™m at a constant 9 and if anything with more pressure than a t-shirt touches my spine in the area it hurts itā€™s like white hot fire burning in that spot. As long as Ihave way more antiinflammatories than is recommended or said to be safe and actively pop my back in sections until itā€™s alignment is corrected I donā€™t feel any more pain above a 6. This might sound like a pity party, but itā€™s actually a positive for me. Once I managed to pop my lower back I was at a 8 and I immediately took that opportunity to pop my middle back and relieve the pain. Once I let that all settle I popped my upper back too and the residual sore muscles weā€™re all that were hurting after that. I was at a 4 before I dabbed and now Iā€™m currently at a 2.

Again cannabis does what nothing else can.

This is the scale I used for reference.

Looking up more types of scales though it definitely makes sense why Iā€™d assume Iā€™m at like a 4-6 on average for years. The humor on this one is about right

This link though fits how I personally describe pain on a scale way closer to how I feel a scale should be. Though getting briefly paralyzed wasnā€™t fun and now even cannabis isnā€™t holding it back without enough to make it prohibitively expensive. Before I figured out my tricks I use now I used to have to dab up to 2 grams of oil before I could recover. I usually try around a 7 on that 1st scale. At that point no amount of burning or pain in my throat compares to the pain from moving a muscle in my back.
http://members.upnaway.com/~poliowa/Pain%20Scale.html
According to that scale Iā€™m a 7-8(Iā€™m regularly nauseous and lightheaded from the pain) on average and I was just at a 9

Wish me luck. Iā€™ll be finding a way to get my insurance settled tomorrow if I can and ASAP getting my back looked at. Iā€™ve had X-rays and MRI on my back. Neither showed any issues, but to be at this level of pain to the point of temporary paralysis it canā€™t be nothing.

I completed forgot about it until now, bit I do see Amber hair trichomes on the orange hairs if I look close.

Apparently some strains just wonā€™t turn Amber, so based off the smoke report Iā€™d say the lower buds are a hybrid effect. Both relaxing and creative.

Iā€™m pretty sure yeild is maxed out now and only terpenes and Terpenoids are being developed now, so once Iā€™m home tomorrow Iā€™ll be chopping the 3 tall girls down and taking a closer look at Ingrid. Sheā€™s growing taller again and her buds are filling out like how the rest did in week 3. Iā€™m confused on what is happening with that plant. Could she be a Haze pheno or is this from the damage to the stem? I like the bud structure so far anyways.

I got confirmation that they donā€™t appear to be moldy, so far so good. Iā€™m heading home soon. Iā€™ll be able to see whatā€™s happening once Iā€™m back in person. Wish me luck. Based off what I felt in my smoke report and finding out some strains donā€™t change trichome head color for some reason Iā€™d say Iā€™m ready to chop down Harmony, Holly, and Sadie. Ingrid appears to be still going. Iā€™ll give her a little bit longer. Try for more than a 3.5g off her. She looks nice, but letā€™s be real. Ingrid is a low yeild. I probably should have called her too, but if she was stunted and growing extremely slow, then itā€™s a good thing I didnā€™t. The bud structure seems to be looking good despite low yeild so far.

1 Like

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, but the CFL was put back in the spot where the UV bulb was hanging from. 1 of the 2 UV bulbs burnt out on me.

On a related note does anyone have a clue why the sockets in the splitter I put the UV bulbs wonā€™t power anything other than the UV bulbs? The lamp bases Iā€™ve put them in still work with everything else, but not the middle socket on my 5 way splitters. The both of them. Both splitters are e26/e27 base, so I wouldnā€™t think itā€™s from improper sizing warping it, but I could be wrong.

I just checked on the girls. With my flashlight I checked the reflection of the top on Harmony. I saw a Amber speckle shine in the mess of white resin. Somehow the trichomes have gone in overdrive in the last day. I can tell they all made new ones as now all of them are glistening again like clear haeds do, but are noticably more heavily covered in them now. :man_shrugging:t2:
Iā€™m torn now in harvesting now or waiting a little longer. If theyā€™re still making a thicker layer of trichomes and I see them filling out some foxtails now too makes me wish I had some humidity control to bot worry outside of the Hermie traits I see now on all 3 tall girls. I guess theyā€™re now gurls lol. IDC Iā€™m the one smoking them and I love the taste and smell. Iā€™ll take any viable seeds I find and test them at a later time.

Looks like nanners to me, but maybe someone can help me confirm what I see.

Seeing that extra frosty look compared to 32 hours ago makes me hopeful for a hybrid like effect. New trichomes mean new cannabinoids and terpenes are being produced correct? :grin: If thatā€™s the case at least waiting this long will pay off. Honestly even if they werenā€™t looking done yet Iā€™d be chopping them down on Halloween or so once they hit 12 weeks. 2 weeks to go until then.

Impatience makes me want to harvest rn, but I know a extra night after seeing that can only do good. New trichs mean mostly CBG is in the heads Iā€™d assume since clear heads have very low THC, but as they ripen they get a lot more. CBG becoming THC and CBD both and clear heads being ā€œimmatureā€ makes me think without any reason other than just that aspect of cannabinoid production i just mentioned behind the thought.

If Iā€™m wrong someone lmk where I went wrong in my logic.

Edit: Oh yeah! The buds are fattening in general now. Even if I harvested now Iā€™d be happy to smoke that bud. At this point it looks like I dipped them in sugar

1 Like

Cool. Starting to frost up nicely now. If itā€™s any consolation, I battle with the same dilemma.

And, yes, it looks to me like there may be a couple of nanas starting to appear on the lower left bud site.

Iā€™ve been at the upper end of that scale before. Itā€™s no joke. In my case, literally a cold sweat from the pain, canā€™t talk, canā€™t move. Not a good place to be. Prayers that your insurance comes through to help get your back problem resolved.

1 Like

Maybe you should try growing one of the medical high CBD strains next time for extra pain relief

2 Likes

I made a channel to share a video to ask you all about my airflow on my plants since I canā€™t upload a video here to ask. My humidity is at 80% and wonā€™t drop even with plenty of ventilation pumping out of the room.:man_shrugging:t2:

Sorry about the low quality. Blame Youtube. I recorded at 1080p 60fps and the videos look great in my phone and even on YouTube before I uploaded them.

Cbd does help me, but overall not by a lot anymore. The relief is shorter than I would like. So far high CBG strains and high CBC strains help me most.

Maybe Iā€™ve just only ever gotten shit hemp from dispensaries, but the relief I need from CBD usually requires isolate/terpsolate. After 3 years of analysis of how CBD affects my body Iā€™ve found my dose is about 200mg CBD or I feel as much relief as eating spicy food and drinking a cup of tea and even then it lasts 30 minutes and pain comes back just as bad.

Whatever my cause of pain is CBD barely helps it. It helps my mental state though, so if you meant that I do use it for that. No lie though kava does all the stuff CBD does for me and has a negative tolerance making it that much more effective for my mental needs.

One day Iā€™ll find that strain I can grow that is just right for my needs. CBC relives pain all day in miniscule doses for me ATM. The gummies I made have both CBC and cbg in them. Also CBD, THC, and CBN. Any terpenes that canā€™t survive 220f were boiled off, but I know some terpenes and Terpenoids are tougher to boil than THC and CBD are.

1 small gummy gives me as much relief as 1200mg Ibuprofen provides me. Obviously way safer on my liver and kidneys too.

Whoops I walled again. :man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Well apparently the smell theyā€™re giving off tonight is so strong that you can smell it down the street nowšŸ˜…
The smell wasnā€™t that strong 2 days ago. Then again the trichs werenā€™t as coated 2 days ago either LoL.

Iā€™m about to smoke some purple bud my friend has taht smells close to Sadie did at one point, so Iā€™m intrigued.

Wellā€¦:sweat_smile:
That purple bud has that megacrop taste too.
Itā€™s about the only flavor in it. Iā€™m a little sad about that. The smell was like laundry detergent with a berry smell as the primary. It really expands in your lungs, but itā€™s really smooth.
I taste something like basil too. If I didnā€™t know better Iā€™d say I grew this bud LoL. No itā€™s probably someone who grew with megacrop and had basil companion plants. The taste was overall not that strong. It wasnā€™t that frosty though, so I guess I was expecting more.

I let the soil get dry before I reached this point. Itā€™s looking like weā€™re nearing the end of harvest or yesterday was the day LoL. Well anyways I saw Amber for the first time on Sadie in both bottom and tops now in the same ratio. I find that odd. If nothing else Sadie is ready to chop down.
Should I give them a long night cycle?
My grandpa is telling me I should do a day or 2 with no light to let them ripen.

1 Like

Hereā€™s the pics. Itā€™ll be a lot, but my eyes are bad now. I donā€™t have a PC.

Sadie

Ingrid

Damn bugsā€‹:rage::rage::rage:

Harmony

Holly

Of course I finally find a combination that blocks out all light in there too only todayšŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø at least if I should give them light depravation itā€™ll work outšŸ˜…

2 Likes

Iā€™m flushing my last 5 plants for 2 weeks this time. See if it helps my flavor.

1 Like

I was thinking Iā€™ll be flushing with the recommendation in your thread actually. Carbs and probiotics can only help, but wonā€™t be bad. If anything itā€™ll make the sweet flavors pop. So far Iā€™ve noticed everything I put in the soil I can taste for a bit after. No tobacco flavors, so Iā€™ve gone past the point where itā€™s retaining in the tissue now. Makes sense. Before it made them actually not want to stay on the plants. Now they just want to swarm my babies. I saw some broken trichome heads during my inspection. The wind was too much as I thought. I moved the AC away from them and turned the fan speed back up. No stale air around them, but itā€™s damn close if Iā€™m being honest. Maybe itā€™s the feeling of the humidity and heat they give off. Either way I need a reliable way to vent the air out between them as apparently my Galaxy fan canā€™t produce a breeze even on 3. Iā€™ll come in the room at lights on and clean the fan guard. That might explain the basil taste actually :sweat_smile: I flicked all the flower pods off my Basil and they definitely had a lot more aroma than the leaves have. Enough to give me a minor headache from the intensity. Anything that smells strong enough to cause pain will give me a headache. Generally things in the mint family burn my nostrils badly. They legitimately burn the hairs out of my nose too. I canā€™t explain that one.

Anyways. Now all I want to do is make them as comfortable as I can in the next 2 weeks. Iā€™m fine with CBN. Iā€™ll keep an eye on them and act as needed ICE

I just checked and the humidity is at 58% and the temp is 65f. I saw the pics of Sadie I took earlier look different than nowšŸ˜… sheā€™s turning purple really fast now. If I do have 2 weeks left Iā€™ll end up with some deep purple I hope.
Iā€™ll take pics before lights on and after. Might as well have a comparison. I ordered a macro scope clip with a LED light that has 3 light settings for my phone. It was 6, so if itā€™s bad oh well. If itā€™s good Iā€™m gonna be happy.