My first bagseed grow

I went in this morning after passing out within minutes of my last update and wow I’m happy :grin:
They’re bulking up nicely. I’m seeing waves of trichomes and growth.
Can anyone confirm my suspicion or if it maybe just seems to apply to my plants IDK? It seems when they coat themselves in trichomes they grow denser within a day or 2.

The tiny pistils that were trying to be buds are now looking like buds even if tiny.
I’ll update in a few once I warm up. I opened my windows last night now that humidity dropped.
I see 45% humidity and 75f in the plant zone of the room anyways. I turned the AC down to 70f and that should be better for them come night when the cold snap comes. The temp is what I set the AC to for them, but the humidity does like to jump to 60-80% randomly.

I applied the last of my mosquito bits and I watered using the container. Seems like the perfect amount of water for the first couple of inches of soil. At lights out I’ll add the last of the nematodes. They bred like mad in my fridge on that sponge. I saw 2x as much in that sponge when I opened the sleeve. I mixed it in cold water and it’s in a jar now at room temp. I’ll crack it open periodically to keep them alive unless a sealed jar is okay.

No megacrop for the next 2 weeks. I can taste it in the buds and they need to work with the nutrients in the soil which if I remember correctly are mostly K(?) from the peatmoss in the soil. I’ll have to scroll up and see what I used again.

Sadie

Ingrid

Harmony

Holly

Group shots

The smell is intense. I forgot to add, but I mixed in a teaspoon of Mike’s hot Honey to the bits container. It was stuck in the bottle.

On another positive note the soil is now properly dry on bottom based off the fact that now the bin is lighter than before I ever added water and that’s with the 4 plants in it, so I’d hope it’s now evenly drying or close

2 Likes

You’re in the home stretch, yes they will keep swelling these last few days. Cutting a week early can, often, give smaller yields because of this.

1 Like

Sweet! :grin: I have black strap molasses and organic raw sugar. I can mix some to make brown sugar that’s a bit better than standard off the shelf.

How should I go about flushing?

I’m sure enough has collected in the soil to continue adding that fertilizer taste.

Also I’ve stopped using my stove as a way to heat up the house and add co2 in the house. While effective there’s a drawback in that a part of incomplete combustion of natural gas in extremely low quantity ppm(0.5) can cause early senescence.
I’ll stick to dabbing thank you😁 no flame color other than blue will do for me and my health. Co2, heat, and water vapor are a way better trade-off vs carbon monoxide and many other shit from incomplete combustion. If I can limit it I will.

I just had to take half a sugar leaf off Holly. I took the opportunity to look at it under a scope. I saw a 20-30% Amber head ratio and I saw 1 purple head with a Amber sheen beneath. I’m curious if the heads can ripen further past Amber to purple now🤔
I smoked it in a spliff and now I’m in a introspective creative high. My back pain is currently melting away as I type this.

Well then… I just saw a tracer🤔
This is some trippy AF weed if that tiny amount in the sugar leaf that wasn’t dried or cured is doing this much😁

2 Likes

I just had to water again after I saw the soil was drier than moist. I need to keep those nematodes alive. I mixed in ¼ cup sugar, ¼ teaspoon black strap molasses, ¼ teaspoon coca cola, and 1 cup peroxide to 1L of water. It was warm, so I added more peroxide than the ¼ teaspoon planned originally to attempt to increase dissolved oxygen a little. I’ve noticed the mint plants are adjusting to the cleaner roots, but I’m seeing new growth on them, so they haven’t given up. That basil wasn’t doing good in a crowded cup.

I turned the AC down to 64 2 hours ago after seeing the humidity climbed way too high to 80%. After a hour the humidity dropped to 65%. After an hour and a half with the room now sealed I waited in the room while I smoked a cone. Once it was out I checked and I saw no mold. The humidity is at 60% rn. No issues at all. Sadie is turning purple faster now. I’ve had them at 70f all day, so 64 isn’t too much lower. I’m being a homebody and staying home these last couple weeks to keep checking on them periodically to make sure I don’t have to chop them down immediately. So far I’m just seeing the smell still be intense, but with the lower temps they’re getting much frostier, and I’m seeing some nice growth imo.

I took a pic of Sadie’s branch that I first noticed seeds on.

Sorry if it’s blurry. I can’t see anything in there and getting a good shot that close in the dark is hard with the hemp wick ties.

Also I’ve noticed that the bugs have mostly stopped bugging them. LoL pun.
Anyways that’s a good thing for me, but a little irritating that I seem to have finally got them to leave right at the finish line.

In the time I did all that I saw Sadie turning purple more on some buds that were stubbornly green still. I’m trying to signal to the plants that it’s time to finish up soon. The leaves are slowly turning yellow as I planned. I want the buds to focus on ripening instead of any leaf growth.

Holly has the idea in stride. She’s gone from foxtails to something in between kush and foxtailing. Like a spiky ball now LoL. Ingrid is looking close to finishing too. I’m not delusional she’s going to die naturally funny enough. She’s yellowing 1 leaf on just the tip.

I’ve reduced airflow since those videos. It was definitely too intense the trichomes got cut in half after a night of that. Now I’ve made a wind tunnel in the room that makes them sway, but barely. The, low power Galaxy fan is on the soil level not pointed up at the buds at all.

On another note the smell in the room isn’t as intense thinking of it now because I might be nose blind to it. My friend comments that he can smell it stronger each time he comes over. Last week he came over 3 days in a row and each time he said the same. If it’s intense enough to give a contact high it’s definitely stronger than I’m smelling. The soil is already drying on the surface again. I’ll see how it is in the morning. I shouldn’t have to water more than a few times before harvest unless it takes a while to dry. Then it’ll be one more watering before I give them one last drought and on the last day or so I’ll give them light depravation to use up all the energy they had stored before I harvest.

Is it me or is that a dead bud?

@funguy @Tinytuttle @ReikoX @Scissor-Hanz
Any advice? If I should chop the top of to save the rest lmk or if there’s another option as it looks to me like I have a dying bud on there where I snipped too deep by accident.

Is it just a broken piece that’s drying out, or is there grey/white colored mold in there?

Looks like a broken bud to me. Just take that little piece off if there’s no mold.

2 Likes

No mold at all. It’s not spreading to any other buds. Just dying on the stem partially attached.

It’s so hard to see where to cut and not take the whole top off by accident this time. All the buds are hugging the stem so dense it’s hard to see where to cut. I can’t see the side attached still, but I touched it and it’s not crispy or squishy. Same feel as the rest.

How should I go about doing this?

It’s likely not going to be a problem to leave it, but just snip that small bit with a sharp scissor or razor blade if you want to remove it.

1 Like

I did. Apparently it was purple

2 Likes

I took some shots of the bud I chopped off.

I have more, but I’m trying to find the good ones.
Though not like you’d know how long it took to type this update LoL :rofl:

I’m just charging my phone to take see close-up shots to see the trichomes color. Apparently high humidity and moisture on the plants. Maybe I sprayed them too much, the humidity was too high(I know it was), or both.

I can have my plans and everything, but if I see my plants with almost all Amber trichomes I’ll be chopping them down and unplugging the lights.

Apparently I still have time. The lower buds are either mostly clear or mostly cloudy heads. Occasional peppered Amber heads, but I don’t see a significant amount of them. I sorted through my burst shots to find the ones that had the best clarity I could manage.

I’ll have to sort through the pics to get who’s who sorted. For now I have each one separate. I might have bunched up Holly and Sadie. In macro they look almost the exact same

3 Likes

It’s officially time to close windows.
With my account on 80f I see 60f in the room now🤦🏻‍♂️
It was 70 when it was set to 70🤔
Whatever. No mold, so that’s good.
I’ll do another inspection. The soil is only just today drying to the point it separates, so it looks like I’m not watering before harvest unless I should.

Harmony is turning yellow on her sugar leaves now, but just on top, so I might have to pull her soon.

1 Like

Sadie

Harmony

Holly

Ingrid

4 Likes

Sorry about the low quality. My camera is off it’s game today and I can’t bend over to get a good angle.

They look ready to me. Should I wait out the next 4 days and see or do I not have much more time? I’m noticing that the heads on Sadie for example are mostly Broken. Holly on the other hand is ridiculously coated and dense. She’s the densest of the plants.

It’s 50% humidity and holding regardless of temp I have the house now.

1 Like

It’s harvest time. Should I do it at lights on or off?
I’ve seen some on this site mention that some plant metabolism continues after harvest for a time. Since I’ll have them in a dark room they’ll be able to if that’s true regardless.

Rant aside I’m just unsure of a best time to harvest or if that’s irrelevant. :thinking:

1 Like