My first cultivation ever.

“For the rest of your life, say, hold my fist instead of taking my hand” … So now I laughed out loud. Thank you for the fun :joy:

4 Likes

Everything is looking good. The grow tent was a good purchase. Do you plan on sexing your plants indoors before you put them out?

4 Likes

Hello @corey . I’m not sure I understand you, but I plan to have them in the box when it’s cold outside. The sun has not shone here for almost 14 days and it is cold.

7 Likes

Once they get about 6 inches tall flip your lights to 12/12. Within a week or two they will start to show there sex. Gives you the opportunity to not have to put out a bunch of plants without pre determined sex. After they show sex put them back on regular light schedule and that will stop them from flowering or you can go outside after sexing.

4 Likes

Again, I’m not sure I understood you well. So when they reach 12 inches I switch to 12/12 and when they start showing sex I have to put them out or switch back to 18/6 or leave them like that. They are feminized. But I’m waiting for a letter from Cadman and then it will be a higher level.

3 Likes

Ahh everything is looking good! All females = excellent!

2 Likes

Thanks JoeCrowe. I try to take care of him, but not too much so as not to overdo it with water and fertilizer.

3 Likes

If they are feminized then you don’t have to change the light cycle

2 Likes

Well whadyaknow, learn something new every day. :upside_down_face:
So they’re like auto’s, zero fucks given?

2 Likes

I thought that the light cycle did not have to change only in automated plants.

2 Likes

They are not like autos. It just means feminized seeds are bred to be female which eliminate’s the sexing process

2 Likes

I was referring to changing the light cycle to cull out male plants. Since you have fem plants you can skip that part

3 Likes

There is only one automatic race and I am very curious about it. I wonder how much oz will be.

1 Like

Interesting, I know nothing about that, so how does changing light cycles affect males?

2 Likes

That’s probably the best advice. When I get a letter from Cadman, I’ll try it this way.

1 Like

Changing the light cycle shows the sex of the plants. You have male and female plants. Female plants make bud, male plants pollinate female plants. That’s how seeds are made. Seedless female plants make Seedless buds in return is usually more potent because it spends more time making resin and not seed

5 Likes

I start my seedlings at 12/12, then go to 14/10 (light/dark) for veg then 12/12 again for flowering. So the males show themselves only in the flowering stage?

2 Likes

yah that’s the basics. pod means male, pistil means female or…hermie :slight_smile: I’d give them 3 additional days after they show sex to see if it’s a hermie for sure.
You can sex em in veg mode after the 5th node, but you really have to know what you’re looking for.

5 Likes

I’ll take a good look. Thank you for the advice. And do you have any recommendations for a specific product? Update: I can’t find this brand. Do you have a link?

2 Likes

They drove off nicely under the light. I’m happy with them. Tomorrow I’ll try to give them some CO2.

6 Likes