My first ever outdoor harvest

Hey guys, so my autoflower finished. I harvested, dried and is now curing. I have a lot to learn! My yield ended up being some ugly, loose, airy buds. I think because it flowered in the height of the summer heat wave. Was super hot the whole time it flowered. My wife and I have been smoking some of it, and despite its looks, it’s getting us baked. It’s our go to for our evening walks with the dog! I have other plants that are photos just starting to flower. Any tips to avoid loose buds like this?? I mean the effects are good, just looks like the schwag I used to buy in high school haha.0

15 Likes

If you were buying schwag like that you were doing way better than us man.
Alot of the bud density is gonna be genetic. Generally, a sativa leaning strains won’t have as dense of buds as a indicia leaning one.

I’m sure there are a million tips and tricks on top of that though.

8 Likes

Awesome so your saying I didnt completely blow it haha?

2 Likes

You didn’t blow it. Any successful grow is a good one.

I just did my first one with a sativa. My buds look very similar to that. I just trimmed mine up a little more.

Looks good. I am sure it tastes great, because you grew it. Mine is satisfying as hell because of that.

5 Likes

How much were you feeding it? May not have had enough nutrients to fatten up real good, but still enough to look happy

4 Likes

Agreed! I gave some to a good friend of mine and he text me today “compliments to the chef” haha so not just my own bias I suppose.

4 Likes

I was using pure blend pro bloom formula. Feeding about ever second day but maybe not enough?

1 Like

There you go. What did you grow?

1 Like

This one was a cheese auto flower. I surely understand the name, smells like cheddar.

I have some other photos still growing, sour d, amnesia, og kush and lemon sapphire

4 Likes

I love Sour D. Sounds like you are going to have some nice stash.

I grew some Hawaiian Haze. The buds from the ones that flowered early look similar to yours.

9 Likes

You didn’t screw up at all. You got a harvest. It gets better from there as you learn and improve.

3 Likes

Nice harvest!

Thanks. Taste great too…especially since I grew it…lol

3 Likes

Great job @Rukus!! Man I am only 9 days in on my first grow. If my first harvest gets me baked, damn right I will be proud no matter what the buds look like!!

6 Likes

Look into forward growing. I got introduced to it by a fellow that’s no longer on OG. The idea, from a novice, is to Match the plants nutritional needs as it grows. Dropping the nitrogen levels and upping p n k levels. In my experience, it keeps them denser.

2 Likes

Dont get too discouraged man…a positive harvest especially for your first harvest is good. Just make sure you take notes and any kinds of questions you have remember you have a kick ass community here to help. Just aim to make the next one better!! Good job :grinning:

5 Likes

Yeah dude, the Autoflowers just crap out in the heat. It could just be that the Autoflower/Ruderalis genetics developed in response to cold weather at a higher altitude and they have very little heat tolerance. I’m growing in extreme heat and low humidity. These are the seeds that are very heat tolerant that I have going this Summer: lefthandseeds LowDak, Triple Durban, Mini Haze, Jungle SpiceF2, Greenpoint Seeds Purple Crash, unknown Hawaiian Haze, Vader OG and Indrid Cold from SoCal Seed Vault. There are others that are doing okay, but not outstanding. A lot of Sativa hybrids don’t take the low humidity, Kush and Skunk mostly can’t take it. The old school Purps/GDP, Northern Lights and Sour Diesel will do really well. The bigger the plant is when the heat comes the better. Seedlings of good heat strains will die way before a plant even just 2ft tall,

2 Likes

What seed company’s genetics? I think that plays a big part. My only experience w autos have been w @Mr.Sparkle dark sparks and fast budz zkittlez.

Similar airy buds w the dark sparks, seemed to have sativa effects too. Zkittlez were a lot more dense, and also more indica type effects.

Nothing at all against our own members’ genetic endeavors, but theres something to be said for buying quality, proven genetics.

Great job btw! Super jealous of the kutdoor grow, I’m hoping to check that box next year!

2 Likes

Unknown genetics. Was from a friend, was cheese strain.

1 Like

I had some small autos that were pretty fluffy as well I’m pointing my finger at heat bring there culprit!

2 Likes