My first grow in the world of MJ

Thank you, I’ll read up on that and try to attempt it

2 Likes

Check out this thread on ICMag

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314806

Also this thread here on OG

3 Likes

That’s great to hear that your so supportive of your wife.

Gotta start somewhere bulb leds can still do a great deal. What’s your soil mix?

2 Likes

I’m also using screw in LEDs for my new cabinet run.

You want at least 35w/sqft to get you through to harvest. Mine just meets minimum requirements and I may have to upgrade in the future.

Plant is looking good so far, do you plan on up-potting at some point? How big is the pot? Do you know what strain the bagseed came from?

We like lots of details here lol.

Happy growing!

3 Likes

Preferably ALL of the details haha

IF you’ve never took the diffusers off, Here is a handy post by @Mr.Sparkle on how to do it. There’s more than one way, I use a pair of channel locks and squeeze the diffuser loose and pry it off.

2 Likes

And I use a rotary tool (don’t use a rotary tool) lol

2 Likes

I’ve used a bandsaw, a rotary tool, a drill bit and a screwdriver, but I think my most dangerous attempt was a battery powered circular saw lol. However you do it, be safe.

2 Likes

I might need to see a tutorial on this :joy:

:v:

Update:

I use a mix of perlite, coco coir, organic garden soil, some potting soil I forget the name of, and I dust that with an organic 5-4-4 dry plant food, mix, and then rinse well. I add superthrive every couple days for additional support.
Pot is fairly small, maybe half gallon by the looks of it, and yes, I have a 5 gallon pot waiting. I do not know what strain the bagseed is from, I do know it’s an Indica from my wife’s reaction, and a little less potent than the Gas I currently get for her… since I can’t find a good hybrid around here to save my life… Sidenote: I actually used to deal way way way back when in High School, so about 20 years ago, so I do know quite a bit about strains and effects.

2 Likes

I used a boxknife and a kitchen knife to score the plastic diffusers and then pry them off, btw.

And here’s the tent in it’s environment.

3 Likes

Transplanted to a 5 gallon pail, shortly after, my AC went out, while in the middle of a rainy week with highs at 74-94 this week… definitely not optimal, and my landlady’s repairman won’t fix it while it’s raining… amazingly enough though, the little one is doing pretty good.

2 Likes

edit to add: I transplanted to 5 gallon because I started noticing some small signs of damping off, so uprooted in green light, removed any bad root outliers, dipped in h2o2, planted in the 5 gallon, and added a little superthrive and ph balanced drinking water. Added a lot more perlite with this soil for better water management.

1 Like

i wish you some lucky with that .

1 Like

Updated pics from today:

6 Likes

Well they’re just putting along aren’t they? :blush::+1:

Looking great man.

1 Like

Sorta concerned… seems to be imo a zinc excess. I added a cal mag, and added a small bit of zinc as well just to round it out, and that probably was a bad idea… Will probably have to dry out the pot and flush.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Thats just the new growth, looks fine and dandy to me. I always look for lighter colored new growth as a sign of a happy plant thats growing fast. Yellow or brown is bad. “Baby green” as i call it is all good.

@Niburan

4 Likes