My first grow in the world of MJ

Getting some spots like this… Gut instinct is CalMag or overfeeding, but checking with you guys first.

1 Like

on further inspection, looked like light burn from having previously moved the fan from the canopy to the bottom… compromised and moved it about 1/4 down from the top to see if that helps.

Update:

5 Likes

Yet another update:

4 Likes

random note: So i trimmed some lower branch buds last night that weren’t getting much light… did a fast dry in the oven, and had my wife use some… knocked her ass out… thought maybe was due to exhaustion, so then she and her nephew did some this morning, same thing, was almost narcotic. It’s nowhere near being done with flowering, should it be that narcotic this soon?

1 Like

Normally the later it comes down the more narcotic it is.

When I have chopped a branch early I have always gotten a headache from smoking it maybe that’s just me though.

Lovely looking ladies though. All praying up to the light.

1 Like

Purple is confirmed female!!

1 Like

Yet again more defoliation, and an updated full picture of the Purple… will be starting the K-Cup, lowryder x ultraviolet #2, and some more once the big booty first one finishes… Purple was a test to see if I could do 2 Liter grows (yes, btw).
edit to add: 9 full colas on the big one :smiley:

3 Likes

Really enjoying the full read of your :green_book:grow journal @Niburan. I’m impressed with how fast your skills and knowledge are :chart_with_upwards_trend:progressing! I remember it taking me a lot longer :hourglass_flowing_sand: to get to where you are. :thumbsup: :blush:
Loving that you’re jumping right into doing a worm bin too! My growing before and after a worm bin aren’t even comparable, I think you’ll have the same success. :evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I’ll second that comment. Fresh worm castings are a powerhouse in organic gardening. Did you know that composting worms are almost as effective as thermal compost in getting rid of pathogens?

2 Likes

my only issues with the vermicompost is trying to keep the fungus gnats under control

1 Like

Get some Strateo-S, formerly known as H. Miles, mites and introduce them to your bins. No more flyers and they will stick around. Then if they do pop up in your grow, a topping of castings gets rid of them. :wink:

3 Likes

^This! I’ve had this system in place for years without a single issue!

The other day I was watering and saw something grab a fungus gnat and pull it under the top soil. It was fairly big, maybe a rove beetle?

1 Like

Word of warning… so I was researching why my colas weren’t filling out… apparently, DO NOT USE Superthrive during flowering, as it delays flowering growth. Lesson learned… my buds will be significantly smaller than usual yield when I harvest… It is what it is, I’m not upset, did better for my first grow than I ever thought I would…Success is 90% Preparation, 10% Perspiration

Ok, so due to trichomes clouding, and some hints of nanners, I went ahead and harvested… Took 4 hours of trimming… FML

5 Likes

Rootball has been chopped up, mixed with the soil, and then all of it has been mixed into the vermicompost to be ready for my SoG of seeds friendly people here have sent me.

1 Like

Drying finished, now in curing… weights are as follows:
Misfits: 17g
ReikoX: 28.2g
Pirate: 28.3g
Jelly 1: 32.2g
Jelly 2: 25.6g
Total weight: 131.3g… which is way more than I expected from my first grow!! :smiley:
at 104 watts used… 1.2625 grams per watt.

4 Likes

Well done! Loving those sexy jars!

1 Like

Lol the only sucky part is knowing that I could have had a much better yield, if I hadn’t have messed some things up during the grow.