My First OG grow

The first four are granola funk and the last 3 are space cake. I’ve smoked a bunch of cookie but I don’t have any experience growing gsc forum cut or any of the other genetics for that matter. I’m trying to notice the differences in all the plants. The last pic is space cake 7. She’s looks and grows different compared to the other space cake ladies. Much taller, much more space between nodes, and thinner leaves. I don’t want to jump to conclusions before I smoke but I kinda have a crush on her I guess. If anyone out there knows about these strains and has any advice/ info on what physical traits make for a good keeper mom I’m open to listening.

8 Likes

@Decaturdwella do you water your plants first with distilled ph balanced water before you feed.Its helps to avoid root and nute burn.

2 Likes

Nope, I was unaware of such a technique. Thanks for planting the seed. I’ll give it a try. I’ve been adjusting the ph after I put the nutrients in. Is that not a good way to go about it?

You always want your water ph balanced after adding your nutes to the water…I always give my girls a wet down of distilled ph balanced water before feeding.It refreshes the roots and allows the roots to take up the feed water without shocking or burning them

5 Likes

Bro looking amazing
I really like the straw top cover helps keep in the moisture
Not sure on your soil mix ( how much fertilizer ) I always watered In this cycle first watering fertilizer 2 Nd watering compost tea , third plain water
If yyour not using distilled water make sure you ph every time after you add the frets .
Things to have on hand Epson salts good source of minerals ( add to compost tea with black strap molasses)
Check the ppm in your water before fertilizer and after you add fertilizer to the water
My water with out feet’s is 200 ppm so I need to keep that in mind when I add fertilizer so it’s not too strong for the age of the plant
Ok I started to rant sorry
Stoner
Peace
Paps

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words Paps! Thanks for your help @SmknCanuck. I’m trying my best over here. I have plenty of time these days. I’ll keep that schedule in mind too. How long does transplant shock last? I’m eager to clone but I’m pretty sure I’m being Impatient. I’m just waiting for that look plants give you when their roots find new soil. My girls still kinda look like they did when they were in the 1/2 gallon containers. They were in there for 9 weeks. Anyway I took some pics of a male space cake I held onto. I put him outside in a 10 gallon container. He seems happy as hell😀. I might make some f2’s just to try. He stinks pretty good right now but I don’t see or feel much resin

8 Likes

I’ve got way too much time on my hands so I started watching videos about KNF. Now I want to ferment everything for my plants. I have to stop buying stuff at some point :sweat_smile:. Does anyone know if I can use an airlock when making AEM? Most recipes I’ve seen call for a daily shaking and jar burping. I was hoping to skip the burping by using the airlock.

2 Likes

I’ve been dabbling. I’ve made the lbs and fruit fertilizer. I noticed that the buds got more smell to them after the fruit fert. It seemed to help bring the terps out. It’s really intriguing stuff for sure.

2 Likes

Ok cool. Thanks for chiming in. I have to admit I’m into tastes and smells just as much as effect. For me that’s the draw to KNF. I want to bring out all the terps! All the different flavors are what makes me crazy about bud. I definitely want my final product to stand out too. I think I started making these concoctions a lil late to use them in early veg. My clones are about a week old. I’m about to start a FPJ with Amaranth greens and a OHN with cinnamon. I started the LAB process and some AEM yesterday. I’m gonna make my own EM-5 soon too. I know this is supposed to be serious stuff but all the acronyms make me laugh. Or that could be the big ass joint I just put out. I ordered more glass jars today. No turning back now.

3 Likes

I’m still learning the acronyms as well. Most of what you said went over my head. :joy: That’s why I bookmark alot, for reference.

Keep in mind that they are still learning just how much the terps effect the high and medical effect as well. By bringing out the flavors you are enhancing the effect as well.

I started a little late this year as well on the knf, but better late than never. Plus I will have valuable practice for next year.

2 Likes

How’s the grow going?

Hey badger it’s goin pretty good. I did run into an issue with cloning. I cut 21 and right now I only have 11 vegging. I’m using a 90 watt mars hydro led to clone with. I made the mistake of gradually moving the light closer to the clones as the first few started showing roots. I think that stopped the process. The clones still look good and a few of them started growing. When I saw a couple leaf tips get yellow I knew something was wrong. I moved the light back up around 5 ft away. The space cakes rooted fine but most of the granola funk are still in the tray. Since it’s been about three weeks I decided to pull the remaining clones out, re-cut the bottom tips, soak them in my cloning solution, soak new root cubes, and disinfect my tray and dome. I’m hoping they root now.

The 11 I have vegging are doing well. This is my first ever attempt at LST. One of my space cake pheno’s grows super fast, so I’m hoping to tame her a lil bit. My tent is only about 6’ tall.

I started using mugwort fpj, homemade LAB, activated EM-1, and a product called fish shit that I heard about on the potcast. I’m hoping to get the microbiology going strong. Ive been using explorer amino nitrogen so I don’t torture these clones like I did their poor mothers. Speaking of them I have to make some decisions soon. I’m keeping the potential moms in my flowering tent but I’ll need that room soon for the clones. I’m gonna have to murder a few. I really like the look of the tall space cake lady so I’ll keep her. I think I’ll keep one of the bushier granola funks and just take a few clones off the other 5 just in case they turn out to be really tasty.
This is the tall space cake#7

This is the granola funk I’ll probably not murder

I’ll check the root balls to see which GF I’ll keep
But that’s about all that’s been going on lately. Trying to be patient and stop screwing things up. This KNF journey is keeping me busy lol. I’ve found an awesome farm that lets you pick your own food right off the plants in their 150 acre plot. I’ve made hot pepper, apple, calaloo, and mugwort fpj’s. I burned some cow bones and soaked them in apple cider vinegar for a week so now I have a shit load of calcium. I started the fish amino acid and the long OHN process. It’s a lot of work but at least it’s the kind of work I enjoy doing. I hope my plants enjoy

8 Likes

All beautiful!

Thanks Danny!

I love your style. Cloning can be a bit of an art. I’m sure you will pick it up quickly.

Flower day 9 on the left

8 Likes

Hi there my friend the plants look great
Nice and healthy
Great job
Paps

4 Likes

Thanks a lot @Papalag. So far everything is going fairly smooth. All the plants are loving the living soil I put them in before I flipped them. I have been having cloning issues. The smaller LED I have is too damn bright and it’s the only light I have without a dimmer. I’m gonna have to swap the light I have in my veg tent for that one. Some of my clones are starting to root after 3 weeks. I need to break down and buy a T5. I’ve had much better luck getting the space cake clones to root compared to the granola funk.My first attempt at LST and scrogging is going ok. I’m pretty sure I should have started them under the screen sooner but I think opening the plants up is definitely allowing more light to get to the lowers. I’m only scrogging the taller girls I have

The space cakes are starting to show some frost and my tent is starting to smell nice

8 Likes

Moving along nicely. A few space cake ladies are starting to fade. Should have 3-4 weeks to go

10 Likes

Buds look amazing
Very nicely done

1 Like