My first pollen chuck

I flower my males a week early to ensure full pollen dropping by the time the girls are 3 weeks into flower.

I hit the girls with pollen starting at day 21 through day 28 and then no more. Usually takes a good 6 weeks for seeds to develop, sometimes longer so definitely don’t want to be hitting the girls 4+ weeks into flower.

Got 1k seeds off each 2ft plant doing it that way.

7 Likes

Prefer to start dusting 40% into total flower time. Usually last a week. So 10 weeker im dusting 28 to 35 for best results. Might start a day or two later or finish a day or 2 later generally. Least 6 weeks ripening on a 10 weeker, some long flowering types may need even longer. End time I don’t stick to a schedule, I try to run them until they’ve eaten themselves and are about dead ha

14 Likes

Back left is male… calling it!

2 Likes

Hey thanks for stopping by and dropping some knowledge on us, Tony!
Breeder says 56-65 days on packaging, so dust around day 23-24ish for a week sounds like the plan.
We’ll see if you’re right beach, give it a week

4 Likes

Greetings @HolyAngel! I hope this finds you well and appropriately lifted. How do you collect pollen from a male plant? What is your method? Thanks in advance. Peace!

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::mask:

1 Like

My last attempt was laying down parchment paper and collecting it daily into a tupperware container with dessiccants.

4 Likes

Thank you. Store in fridge or freezer?
Once a branch has been dusted, how long before you can put the female back in the flower tent? Got me a small tent and I’m feelin’ frisky! Thanks for the advice.

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

2 Likes

Store in the freezer once it’s totally dry. I actually separate out the pollen into .2ml vials so I only have to grab one to do a couple plants and the rest can sit. My last round lasted about 6mo but I apparently didn’t do as good of a job making sure it was completely dry first.

For time, I think 2 hours was enough before I sprayed them down to get rid of the pollen.

8 Likes

Let it dry on the parchment or after it’s gathered in a container? Sorry so many questions. :face_with_monocle::nerd_face:

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

1 Like

Dry in the container with the dessicants. Collect it every day.

3 Likes

Sounds good Tony, that’s about when I hit the best Choc. Thai breeder,

thanks for the reply, that batch you have going is epic and I’m holding some holes for those seeds as soon as I get them, I’m 5 weeks out on Queen Kong, starting to flex her muscle finally, literally tortured the stretch out of it but she’s starting to uptake 50% more fluids and I gave a boost of PK every other watering.

9 Likes

That Jawa pie is fucking :fire: a buddy was running it for quite awhile and I meant to get a cut but he’s flaky and never came thru. The one he had was phenomenal indica dom smoke, it absolutely reeked of key limes, dough and fuel. I loved it, my favorite strain from Ocean Grown for sure

5 Likes

@MWgrower sweet man I’ve yet to try any flower from ocean grown. Like I said, I’m making some F2s to look for a keeper, you’re more than welcome to help me look :grin:

3 Likes

@anon80727880 Fuck man I really, really appreciate that. I would love to, I just don’t want to take em cause I’m in the process of setting up a new space for myself. Going thru a divorce and the soon to be ex decided she was keeping all of our equipment and my whole vault🙄 anyway, it might be a couple months (Hopefully tops, I feel totally incomplete, like a piece of me is missing inside with no plants growing right now) so I don’t want to be a dick and say yes and have to sit on em for a little while

4 Likes

Ahhh I see. Sucks to hear that man. Not many others have showed interests in ocean grown genetics so im sure ill have some left over when you get back up and running :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Looks like your growing :fire: nice job man. Keep it up.

3 Likes

I’d love to get some OG in my collection, anything your looking for in trade?

2 Likes

Used some recharge today on all my plants

4 Likes

Had to do some tie downs. No sex showing yet.

9 Likes

I cant yet confirm any sex but I think I’m spotting some nuts forming.
Everything going pretty well so far. They’re growing qquickly Now as expected. Some smells beginning to come thru. I’m really hoping beachers guessed male is a male cause it has some funk to it. It has some thicker stems as well and just overall feels greasier than anything else. Definitely stands out from the rest

8 Likes